Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41564
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35954
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 12-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #16
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx_native View Post
Dang good to know... It's a copy and paste from my ipad browser.
So Apple is the dark force of evil here.

I believe you. Apple scares me almost as much as the government does.

"If once you start down the Apple path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will."
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #17
Britttany_love
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 4161
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I got my flu shot at my check up with my doctor. Was told he has seen a lot of cases of flu, even though I rarely get sick id rather be on the safe side.
Britttany_love is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #18
sixxbach
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Moved to proper forum.
sixxbach is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #19
atx_native
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GneissGuy View Post

You vaccine deniers are putting yourself and my loved ones at risk with your nonsense.

You're talking nonsense, falsified data, hypochondria, and the "lawsuit lottery" environment like the guy who faked test results and started the autism vaccine scare.

Don't get me wrong. I think the medical establishment is nearly as bad as the mob in a lot of ways. However, they're doing the right thing with vaccines.
Your black and white interpretation of my position is perplexing.
I am not a vaccine denier.

I think Jenny Macarthy and all the other nut jobs that deny vaccine to their children are crazy. Of course this is for polio, small pox etc etc.

I also don't think their is a link between these vaccines and autism as I feel autism is just a diagnoses now.

However my aunt had severe parethesia, pricky crawling sensations and other neurological issues for about 4 months. She was dx'd with reactive arthritis that ended up hitting her wrists and settling in her lower back that lasted for about year. It was quite a scary time for her.

The point I was making was that some folks might want to weigh the benefits of vaccines vs what they are being vaccinated for. I don't see how that is being a vaccine denier.

Look at the Gardisil fallout and the Gulf War Syndrome.... Thee is always risks to putting something in your body.

Funny thing is I got the flu only once that I can remember... It was in 2008 iirc. The year I got the flu vaccine and they guessed wrong on the predominate strains.
atx_native is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:41 PM   #20
Guest021414
Account Disabled

User ID: 209475

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/243...ason-continues
Guest021414 is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:39 PM   #21
phaedrus
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by GneissGuy View Post
The scary thing this year and the past few years has been the H1N1 "swine" flu. H1N1 has a tendency to kill young, healthy people with strong immune systems.
...... You vaccine deniers are putting yourself and my loved ones at risk with your nonsense.

+1!

Looking at the facts objectively, every healthy adult should get the flu vaccine for themself and their society - especially with the exact variety of H1N1 being effectively covered by this year's vaccine and yet it's still killing people in our community. H1N1 is not like normal flu - it really can kill young healthy people unbelievably quickly.
phaedrus is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:06 PM   #22
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
+1!

Looking at the facts objectively, every healthy adult should get the flu vaccine for themself and their society - especially with the exact variety of H1N1 being effectively covered by this year's vaccine and yet it's still killing people in our community. H1N1 is not like normal flu - it really can kill young healthy people unbelievably quickly.
It also works in a nasty way. Many of the bad cases get sick, start to get better, and then suddenly get very sick or dead.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:04 AM   #23
JDog75
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3

I can tell you that I got vaccinated about 6 weeks ago and my live in SO did not. She got the flu 2 weeks ago and I never got any symptoms. She wishes that she had got the vaccination this year.
JDog75 is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #24
ItsAllMe
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 7

When the vaccine manufacturers start to prepare the vaccine fat in advance of the flu actually sickening people, they are doing it on a best guess scientific estimate of which flu virus will strike that year. This year's flyu is not the same as last year's or next year's. Most times they get it right.

I got my shot when I saw my doctor in October. The RN asked if I wanted the basic shot or the stronger shot. WTH? I never knew there was a choice. She explained that the stronger shot was for people above a certain age and for those who would be traveling overseas. I fell into both those categories and got the stronger shot and have not had any symptoms.

My SO never gets the shot, and for some reason, never gets the flu either. Weird.
ItsAllMe is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #25
sunspots
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

I never ever get flu shots as opposed to other diseases the CDC is just guessing at which the myriad strains to include in the vaccine..... at any rate .... I get sicker when I get the vaccines... I think the flu shots mess up your immune system
and no one has any say in what I do in this matter, capiche?
sunspots is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:10 PM   #26
sixxbach
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 81

This is the 5th year of getting a flu shot (got this years in Sept.) and I have barely had even a cold. I also work in an enviroment where its highly likely to catch something that is contagious.

Needless to say, I don't leave home without it!

sixx
sixxbach is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:16 PM   #27
Guest021414
Account Disabled

User ID: 209475

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDog75 View Post
I can tell you that I got vaccinated about 6 weeks ago and my live in SO did not. She got the flu 2 weeks ago and I never got any symptoms. She wishes that she had got the vaccination this year.
With the outbreak of austin providers getting the flu this year I bet a lot of them WISH they had been a little more wise and gotten one as well to keep themselves and hobbyists safe this season!!! Esp since your contagious for days after you think your well...

Sixx good job (we are smart!)
I even got the 3 rounds of gardasil several years ago you can't get the gardasil after age 26

maybe next year we should post more about the shot sooner so people are more educated and safer for our community!
Guest021414 is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:28 PM   #28
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

http://www.kvue.com/news/Six-dead-fr...239260101.html

6 dead in Travis.
1 in Williamson.
17 dead in Dallas County.

More in other counties.

Flu season hasn't necessarily peaked yet.

The count is not necessarily complete, since hospitals don't have to report flu deaths unless the victim is under 18.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:17 AM   #29
pussycat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles View Post
If you don't get vaccinated, your body becomes a vessel where the flu virus can be replicated and spread to others. I had a bad case in 2002, and was literally praying I would die, never been so miserable.
You're an exaggerator. Vaccines are no longer subject to product liability accountability and therefore their manufacturers know they can get away with a lot. My brother works for a vaccine manufacturer which moved their production to Puerto Rico. From what he tells me they add a bunch of additives including untested preservatives and "agitants" which they know will cause bad reactions in many people but they add them anyway to reduce costs. He also told me that there's no way for them to make a vaccine which covers the new strains that mutate and arrive from other countries and they can only formulate the vaccine for the viruses which circulated over a year ago. I stopped believing in the vaccine makers after that H1N1 fraud was exposed a few years ago, and it's clear that all the new marketing in the media and at the pharmacies is just to increase their sales. I'd rather risk having the flu than getting paralyzed by an adulterated vaccine made in some sweatshop in Puerto Rico far away from any oversight. I've never been so sick from the flu that I'd pray to die, but I might want to die if I had to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair because of adulterated shot.
pussycat is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:53 PM   #30
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
I've never been so sick from the flu that I'd pray to die, but I might want to die if I had to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair because of adulterated shot.
Even if you believe the hype about people ending up in a wheel chair because of a flu shot, for everyone in a wheelchair because of the flu shot:

1) There's dozen people in wheelchairs because they didn't get the vaccine.
2) There a dozen unvaccinated moms who killed their own child by spreading the flu.
3) There's a hundred people in graves because they didn't get the vaccine.
4) There's a few hundred grieving children, family members and friends.
5) There's a few thousand people who caught the flu because some friend didn't get the flu shot and spread it to them.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women