Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-20-2015, 04:45 PM   #16
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkees View Post
A Boy And His Dog Wasn't related to Mad Max in any way. It's a movie adaptation of a group of short stories by noted cokehead and sci fi author Harlan Ellison. Just sayin.

Thanks for the heads up about the new Mad Max, MovieMan! I think I'll go check it out.
I beg to differ. The director of Mad Max was inspired by A Boy And His Dog.

One of the most obvious is Humongous from "Road Warrior" being copied from
the guy that was being pulled around on a cart in A Boy And His Dog.

The surviving a nuclear war and roaming the wasteland premise are both the same.
Even the inclusion of a dog in Road Warrior.

Link to Mad Max facts list below. #15 on the list

http://www.ranthollywood.com/2015/04...ad-max-series/
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:41 PM   #17
jdkees
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojulay View Post

The surviving a nuclear war and roaming the wasteland premise are both the same.

This would have been a more convincing source link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079501/trivia

But thanks.
jdkees is offline   Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:46 AM   #18
Guest092216
Account Disabled

User ID: 144244
My ECCIE Reviews

Pitch Perfect 2 kicks all their asses.

Kidding Kidding.

Land of Doom I remember it fondly. Its amazing what you think is cool as a kid.

Can't wait to see Mad Max. Hopefully this weekend.
Guest092216 is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:29 PM   #19
atf searcher
The Ass Fuck Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojulay View Post

Now I'm going to have to watch that movie Land Of Doom. I may have just got addicted to crappy, old, low budget, sic-fi movies.

I was reading that link to the facts about the Mad Max movies. The interceptor was a Ford Falcon, that's fuckin hilarious. About the only car uglier they could have picked would have been an AMC Pacer. I guess the budget didn't allow for a Camaro or Mustang.

One fact that completely blew me away was that in the new movie 80% of the stunts are real, not computer generated. I'll be dam, I think this is one of the few new movies that has been made that way.

I'll watch the new movie soon
atf searcher is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:02 PM   #20
atf searcher
The Ass Fuck Twins

A Camaro or mustang would have looked very cool but I suppose they didn't want a car that looked like it could be sold at a Mecum auto auction. They wanted a car that was ugly and looked like it had been put together with pieces after a nuclear holocaust.

When the original Mad Max was made in 1979 they wanted it to look like it was taking place at some extremely distant time in the future, like 2018 or something.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:09 PM   #21
TheWanderer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Might have been an ugly car (that's subjective) but I sure did love that V8 rumble.
My favorite scene is at the first of the movie (The original Mad Max) when he is sitting there listening to his police radio and hears the chase getting closer. I loved it when he fired that engine up.
I loved the original....some kind of weird nuances such as when Max pulls back those sheets and sees Goose in the hospital.
TheWanderer is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:58 PM   #22
atf searcher
The Ass Fuck Twins

Oh yeah you gotta love that V-8 rumble. They made it into a good movie car , I'm just meant that the Falcon was not a muscle car and I doubt it ever came with a V-8. I don't think it's very high on any car collectors wish list.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:57 AM   #23
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

I keep hearing that the latest Mad Max movie is really good, and it makes me curious. I thought the originals were stupid, so I'm wondering if I will like this one because it's been reinvented, or if I'll hate it just as much as the previous ones. Kind of like the difference between the original cheesy Battlestar Galactica series and the reinvented version that came after. Know what I mean? Is this more of the same with updated special effects, or is it better?
Lust4xxxLife is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:33 AM   #24
dallasfan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

It's definitely a weird movie but thought it as pretty good with a great cast.
dallasfan is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:05 PM   #25
cookie man
Premium Access

Encounters: 13

I've seen all the Mad Max movies. I saw this one and thought it was very good....action packed for sure. I love the convoy with large drums and an electric guitar player strapped to the front.
cookie man is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:07 PM   #26
nicholas linnear
Valued Poster

Encounters: 68

I was blah......little disappointed. Tom Hardy was just along for the ride(no pun intended) and his voice sounded exactly like it did in Batman. Had to go home and watch Inception to get a fix.....on another note saw a movie last night called Whiplash.......FANFUCKINGTASTI C!!!!
nicholas linnear is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:06 PM   #27
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas linnear View Post
I was blah......little disappointed. Tom Hardy was just along for the ride(no pun intended) and his voice sounded exactly like it did in Batman. Had to go home and watch Inception to get a fix.....on another note saw a movie last night called Whiplash.......FANFUCKINGTASTI C!!!!
Do you think he was still in a dream at the end??
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:20 PM   #28
atf searcher
The Ass Fuck Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lust4xxxLife View Post
I keep hearing that the latest Mad Max movie is really good, and it makes me curious. I thought the originals were stupid, so I'm wondering if I will like this one because it's been reinvented, or if I'll hate it just as much as the previous ones. Kind of like the difference between the original cheesy Battlestar Galactica series and the reinvented version that came after. Know what I mean? Is this more of the same with updated special effects, or is it better?
I'm just curious, if you thought the Mad Max movies were stupid did you also think the movie A Clockwork Orange was stupid?
Old 05-25-2015, 02:03 AM   #29
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by atf searcher View Post
I'm just curious, if you thought the Mad Max movies were stupid did you also think the movie A Clockwork Orange was stupid?
Obviously not. Nor do I think that many of the other dystopian movies are stupid. Mad Max was to cheesy for me. Waterworld level.

What are your thoughts on A Clockwork Orange?
Lust4xxxLife is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:42 AM   #30
atf searcher
The Ass Fuck Twins

Clockwork is a cult classic. I thought it was a great movie for what it was meant to be, bizarre, crazy, futuristic, in a world of anarchy. I like sci-fi movies that are meant to shock and push limits. These kind of movies obviously aren't for everyone, and they were never meant to be.

I'm not criticizing anyones taste, I'm just saying all sci-fi movies have a bit of bizarreness to them (some people might call it cheesy) that's what makes them good.
When Star Wars first came out I'm sure alot of people thought - a Sasquatch flying a space ship? That's the stupidest thing I ever heard of.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women