Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162356
Yssup Rider60210
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48388
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41254
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-09-2010, 11:50 PM   #16
DBaucheree
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerun88 View Post
I agree completely. I thought Stoops took the prize until this week...
UT's average margin of victory over 7 of their weakest opponents was nearly 37 points. (La Monroe, Wyoming, UTEP, Mizzou, UCF, Baylor and Kansas) Maybe Gilbert should have logged a little more playing time instead of allowing McCoy to rack up ridiculous numbers in pursuit of the Heisman. The pathetic part is that he didn't win the Heisman, and ya'll didn't have a backup quarterback ready to play when you most needed him.

The Horns lost and it really sucks if that's your team. Do you really want to quibble over one touchdown? It could have been much worse and would have been if the roles were reversed. At this point, I'm just pissed that Arenas didn't return his last interception for another pick 6 with about 30 seconds remaining.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.
DBaucheree is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:41 PM   #17
rerun88
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 6

Not to quibble, but look at the box scores for all those games. Mack throttled back each game after the half with no intention of trying to score again in the last 2 minutes of any of those games. There were 30 some odd seconds left with a 10 point Bama lead. Any coach with class would choose to take a knee and celebrate. And I would have had a better taste for the Bama fans had Saban done that. What's done is done. I'm not whining. Just making a point that only a few coaches would have chosen to do what Saban did. He's in his own class, that's for sure.
rerun88 is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:58 PM   #18
DBaucheree
Registered Member

rerun - On one hand I can see your point. Bama usually doesn't play like that - usually it's just the opposite with ball control, field position, and watching the clock run down.

I didn't look at the box scores, I'll take your word for it. I did notice that Gilbert accounted for only one TD with limited playing time. IMHO, letting McCoy run up the score until you're ahead by 5 touchdowns, no matter how much time is on the clock, shows a complete lack of class. If the second or third team still continues to score, that's another story.

Some teams feel the need to win by huge numbers no matter who they play.
I don't like it, but I guess that's part of the game. I happen to love it when those same teams get a taste of their own medicine. Call it karma, reaping what they sow... take your pick.

I can see your point, can you see mine? Good luck next season.
DBaucheree is offline   Quote