Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163024
Yssup Rider60667
gman4453278
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48597
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42366
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36775
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-24-2022, 12:31 AM   #16
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmar85 View Post
I mean I dunno, if I was leading as far as Fetterman was in polls, I probably wouldn't just be giving out free televised campaign speeches to my opponent if I didn't need to lol What would we actually have to gain in a debate between those two? Unless Fetterman literally eats Oz on stage we'd just be sitting there listening to the two of them stump speech for an hour. I mean I guess I'd like to see what Oz's actual platform is at some point. I remember seeing some ad he made where he was making it out that Fetterman trying to legalize pot was a bad thing, so I know that's a part of it that I want nothing to do with. Other than that though it seems like his policy stance is "Bernie Sanders bad. John Fetterman is Bernie Sanders but if he looked like Shrek".

Why are you so against all of the public being more informed?

Fetterman clearly has severe cognitive issues. He can barely string a sentence together and has pretty much disappeared. That's why he is afraid to debate, nothing more.

You’ve got about 1/10th of a fully functioning brain between him and Senile Biden.
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 08:03 AM   #17
anmar85
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

Please point to where I said that. My point is that I don't really think that the public would really walk away from a debate between those two with any new information. Like I really want you to honestly say to me that Dr. Oz's performance in a debate wouldn't just be him rattling off talking points about what the "Radical Left" is supposedly doing instead of saying what he would actually do as a senator.
anmar85 is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 10:14 AM   #18
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Please point to where I said that. My point is that I don't really think that the public would really walk away from a debate between those two with any new information.
You basically said there is no reason for Fetterman to debate.
You also said
Quote:
What would we actually have to gain in a debate between those two? Unless Fetterman literally eats Oz on stage we'd just be sitting there listening to the two of them stump speech for an hour.
Debates help the public become more informed about each candidate. In this case in particular there is a huge contrast in policies between the two. And there is an even bigger question of Fetterman's health and how brain damaged is he which is why he is hiding

Again, why are you so against all of the public being more informed?
Old 08-24-2022, 11:40 AM   #19
anmar85
Valued Poster

The word "Basically" is doing a lot of work there. Also again, my point is that no one will leave a debate like that more informed, it's literally just going to be two guys up on a stage feeding red meat to their base, I'm including Fetterman in that as well. I absolutely guarantee that neither candidate would use that format to say anything with any amount of substance to it. Every one of Fetterman's answers is going to be "Oz is a rich weirdo from another state" and all of Oz's answers will be "The radical left is evil and destroying the country". It will be that over and over again for an hour. If you happen to fall into the base for one of those two, you'll leave feeling good about yourself. If you aren't? You're just going to feel like you wasted your time.

Also claiming Fetterman has brain damage? I don't want to be the bearer of bad news here, but that strategy didn't exactly pan out great with Biden in 2020.

Berry, what it comes down to is that you are a deep member of the Republican base. You're the one that would be eating that red meat right up. Just look at the way you're framing things. It's not "Did Fettterman's stroke cause some kind of brain damage?" It's "How brain damaged is Fetterman?" Your mind is already made up there without anything backing it up. The red meat on the right is almost entirely based off of inferring things, and guessing that things are true and then sticking with it. That's been the republican campaign strategy pretty much my entire adult life at least, they just happen to be catering to their base a lot harder lately imo. Honestly, I think they're doing it a little too much, and that's how we ended up with a loser like Oz in the first place. Every member of the Republican base would sit their asses down in front of a debate, eat up every last bit of "The radical left does x, and y" without any actual enacted policies to back that up and feel like they came out a winner.

Don't get me wrong, anyone who would throw their full weight in behind a democratic candidate will do the same thing. And as you said, the two candidates have such a large contrast that there is no way in my mind that they aren't going to try to cater to those audiences exclusively. A debate where two candidates are just pandering to their base isn't a debate. It's just a weird campaign event for the both of them.

I'm saying to you, as someone who wouldn't be classified as the member of the base for either major political party, that I would find a debate between the two to be the opposite of informational. If I even bothered to watch it, I would probably get pretty bored of it pretty quick, because as someone who doesn't throw their full weight behind any political candidate I wouldn't be a member of their target audience.
Old 08-24-2022, 11:51 AM   #20
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Also again, my point is that no one will leave a debate like that more informed, it's literally just going to be two guys up on a stage feeding red meat to their base, I'm including Fetterman in that as well. I absolutely guarantee that neither candidate would use that format to say anything with any amount of substance to it. Every one of Fetterman's answers is going to be "Oz is a rich weirdo from another state" and all of Oz's answers will be "The radical left is evil and destroying the country". It will be that over and over again for an hour. If you happen to fall into the base for one of those two, you'll leave feeling good about yourself. If you aren't? You're just going to feel like you wasted your time.
So using your logic, political candidates should never debate and the public should never be able to be better informed and compare and contrast them. That's sad

Quote:
Also claiming Fetterman has brain damage? ... It's not "Did Fettterman's stroke cause some kind of brain damage?" It's "How brain damaged is Fetterman?" Your mind is already made up there without anything backing it up.
I am making my observations off of the fact he hid for 3 months after his stroke and has made a total of TWO campaign appearances, speaking at the most recent one for 5 minutes maximum. And anyone watching the video of him speak can see he has brain damage from the stroke.

The health and mental capacity of a candidate is something important for all voters to be aware of
Old 08-24-2022, 12:10 PM   #21
anmar85
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
So using your logic, political candidates should never debate and the public should never be able to be better informed and compare and contrast them. That's sad
No that is not using my logic at all. For about the fourth time nowand bolded so it is clearer. In this particular campaign I really cannot see much in the terms of public information happening in a debate. I don't think it would be impossible for any debate to actually talk about policy plans and inform the public, it's happened plenty of times. I just don't see it coming out of these two. If you think that it is impossible for any debate to be more than just feeding red meat to each candidates bases, then that's more a commentary on the sad state of politics in this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
I am making my observations off of the fact he hid for 3 months after his stroke and has made a total of TWO campaign appearances, speaking at the most recent one for 5 minutes maximum. And anyone watching the video of him speak can see he has brain damage from the stroke.

The health and mental capacity of a candidate is something important for all voters to be aware of
But would you qualify those as informed observations, or just stuff you're inferring because he took a few months off to recover and he's a shit public speaker? Like go ahead and prove that those observations hold up under any amount of scrutiny. I just quick fired off two alternate explanations to what you're seeing that are equally substantial to guessing someone has brain damage.

Personally I think the republican strategy needs to do two things to do better than they have recently: Step back from their base and go after more moderate voters, and stop running on things that you can't actually prove. They're really relying on people to just take their word for it on shit, that's not going to swing suburban mothers, or really anyone who doesn't still think Trump is the president. There just really isn't enough voters in either party's base to hang your entire campaign on them.
Old 08-24-2022, 01:54 PM   #22
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
No that is not using my logic at all. For about the fourth time nowand bolded so it is clearer. In this particular campaign I really cannot see much in the terms of public information happening in a debate. I don't think it would be impossible for any debate to actually talk about policy plans and inform the public, it's happened plenty of times. I just don't see it coming out of these two. If you think that it is impossible for any debate to be more than just feeding red meat to each candidates bases, then that's more a commentary on the sad state of politics in this country.
And why this debate and not any of the host of others? Conservatize and Liberal candidates always have different opinions on policy.

You don't see benefits to the public being able to compare and contrast the two candidates side by side?

To compare policy positions when asked the same questions?

To assess their readiness for office (which yes does include mental capacity)

Etc?

Quote:
But would you qualify those as informed observations, or just stuff you're inferring because he took a few months off to recover and he's a shit public speaker? Like go ahead and prove that those observations hold up under any amount of scrutiny. I just quick fired off two alternate explanations to what you're seeing that are equally substantial to guessing someone has brain damage.
I am relying on both my observations of having personally dealt with a couple relatives who had strokes and exhibited the same type of brain damage Fetterman did - as well as the comments of several medical professionals I know who all commented that Fetterman is not well and suffered brain damage as a result of his stroke

Don't you think it is important for the public to know that? And what better way for him to either disprove it or prove it in a series of public debates with his opponent?

Again - what is Fetterman afraid of?
What are you afraid of?
Old 08-24-2022, 02:52 PM   #23
anmar85
Valued Poster

Why this election specifically? I mean look at the campaigns of both of the candidates. Points do go to Fetterman here for running on at least a slightly clearer platform, but it's mostly just been the two of them talking shit on each other without a ton of substance? Do you think that's going to suddenly stop if someone puts a TV camera in front of them? I don't think so. My prediction would be that a moderator asks one of them for a policy position and they will respond with what they think their opponent will or won't do.

I think the Biden/Trump debates were a good example of why I would find debates in this election to be a waste of time. Those debates were just two guys talking shit for the most part, no one learned shit during those. You want to see that shit, got troll Carson St. on a Saturday, I'm sure you can run into two guys having an argument pretty quick.

Also if the public wants to compare the two candidates side by side, there's this cool thing now called the internet where you can like research candidates before you make a decision. Like all of a sudden a televised debate is the only was people can learn about candidates and their policies? If you are a candidate that is relying on televised debates for that, then you probably deserve to lose.

As for how informed your assumption about a man's mental wellbeing is concerned, I mean I know people who have had strokes and are totally fine now. Go ahead an prove that I don't. No one is obligated to prove absolutely baseless absurdist claims. This is seriously a 1:1 rehash of the plan to go after Biden during his election, it's so transparent that you'd run into it if you weren't paying attention.

Trump's campaign wasn't winning over enough voters over the scare of the "Radical Left" (especially when we're talking about fucking Joe Biden's old ass) so we moved on to him being an old senile man.

The scare of John Fetterman being a member of the Radical Left isn't sticking, so now we're saying his stroke gave him brain damage. I hate to break it to you, but if you want your boy Oz to stand a chance, this ain't going to be swaying the votes that actually count in an election. Most people hear shit like that and see it for what it is. Fetterman is healthy enough, healthier than a lot of some of our more elder senators for sure. He took some time off for his health and he's back on the campaign. How is he simultaneously hiding and doing multiple campaign stops? Make it make sense please.

As far as people being "afraid". You can play that with someone else on this board. Taunting don't mean shit to me.
Old 08-24-2022, 03:38 PM   #24
berryberry
Valued Poster

It's sad that you don't see the value in an informed electorate, especially given that one way the electorate becomes informed and cuts thru campaign ads is actual debates between the parties.

Shoot, even Fetterman knows this - why don't you? Fetterman wanted 3 debates back in February as part of the primary. Fetterman is just changing his tune now because he knows he is brain damaged and can't hold up to the rigors of a debate right now.

John Fetterman - @JohnFetterman

US Senate candidate, PA - Feb 22

Like I’ve always said:

Debates are an important part of this primary. We believe voters deserve no fewer than three network televised debates - including all candidates who make the ballot - before major media markets across PA.

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/st...CrIQxvEOip1sKg

Again - what is Fetterman afraid of now other than his radical positions and poor health being exposed as his brain damage will become clear?

What are you afraid of? And yes - no matter how much you protest, you are afraid of a more informed electorate because you don't want these debates to occur. Why is that?
Old 08-24-2022, 03:40 PM   #25
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... Fetterman is hiding by trying to dodge
the debates.

And multiple campaign stops of ten or fifteen minutes a piece
won't be enough if he cannot answer any direct questions.

### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 03:41 PM   #26
anmar85
Valued Poster

Yeah, I'm done with this if you can't talk about it without nothing but unsubstantiated claims, ignoring points being made, and childish taunts. Sorry, I tried with you. Actually let me fix the punctuation on that. Sorry I tried with you.

Edit - That wasn't to you Salty. Keep on keepin' on.
Old 08-24-2022, 03:46 PM   #27
berryberry
Valued Poster

LOL - unsubstantiated claims. Right.

Was this unsubstantiated when Fetterman said in February

Quote:
Like I’ve always said:

Debates are an important part of this primary. We believe voters deserve no fewer than three network televised debates - including all candidates who make the ballot - before major media markets across PA.
So what has changed? What is Fetterman afraid of now other than his radical positions and poor health being exposed as his brain damage will become clear?

You continue to deflect with a bunch of unrelated bullshit about Trump, Biden, the radical left, whatever. Meanwhile you continue to dodge the question - why are you afraid of a more informed electorate?
Old 08-24-2022, 03:51 PM   #28
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... Let's ALL be mindful of letting others
post their OPINIONS here.

Not every discussion has to dissolve (or evolve) into
a barney just for arguement-sake. ... Thanks.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 12:24 PM   #29
berryberry
Valued Poster

Sloth Fetterman is STILL Hiding

Old 08-26-2022, 12:43 PM   #30
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

Big pussy move by a desperate candidate TRAILING in the polls and in the hearts of the electorate.

GOP's lack of quality on the candidate is really showing here. They're behind and still falling against a pretty liberal candidate who's smacking the shit out his opponent on the digital front even on his reduced schedule.

Impressive showing for a guy who had a stroke. Also shows the power of having a solid plan and a solid campaign team.
HDGristle is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women