Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 276
George Spelvin 266
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70743
biomed162825
Yssup Rider60510
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48506
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41964
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36349
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM   #16
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

Still a no vote on FEMA funding, nonetheless
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:59 PM   #17
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGristle View Post
Sorry, Lusty. Not spoon feeding you. Just breadcrumbs so you can connect the dots. You're gonna get there on your own. I have faith.
So you're NOT an expert on this? Sorry, my bad.

Ok, I'll just assume the money was illegally diverted by Mayorkas until someone proves to me otherwise.

We all know how Dems like to do things that are unlawful or unconstitutional - knowing it will take months for the courts to rule against them.

Case in point - just look how many times the SCOTUS has slapped down Biden's student loan forgiveness plans!
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM   #18
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Nope. That's a completely dishonest spin.
Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM   #19
tommy156
Premium Access

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Republicans have the House majority, and therefore, control government spending. This is their fucking mess.
tommy156 is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM   #20
tommy156
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Case in point - just look how many times the SCOTUS has slapped down Biden's student loan forgiveness plans!
Do yourself a favor and don't read the NY Post article from yesterday
Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM   #21
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy156 View Post
Republicans have the House majority, and therefore, control government spending. This is their fucking mess.
Huh? House Republicans alone "control government spending"?

Great!

Can we cut out the (Dem-controlled) Senate on all new spending bills, tommy?

I'll inform Sen. Schumer!
Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM   #22
tommy156
Premium Access

Quote:
Huh? House Republicans alone "control government spending"?

Great!

Can we cut out the (Dem-controlled) Senate on all new spending bills, tommy?

I'll inform Sen. Schumer!
The U.S. House of Representatives controls government spending. The Republicans hold the House majority. They haven't even called a vote for FEMA funding yet. They are the ones dragging feet.

What part of that don't you understand?
Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM   #23
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Quote:
So you're NOT an expert on this? Sorry, my bad.

Ok, I'll just assume the money was illegally diverted by Mayorkas until someone proves to me otherwise.

We all know how Dems like to do things that are unlawful or unconstitutional - knowing it will take months for the courts to rule against them.

Well, Lusty. I stand corrected and my faith was misplaced. The whole "expert" taunt is beneath you. And you don't have to be an expert to dissect bullshit.

You're conflating "budget appropriations and use" with immigration because some money was spent on migrant related issues.

That SSP funding is an entirely separately appropriated bucket of CBP money that FEMA can use to supplement state and local migrant efforts. That's not immigration or immigration law. That's domestic humanitarian assistance. It's not part of the disaster relief fund. Different buckets and you can't raid DRF for SSP.

In order to divert money you have to shift it from where it is originally appropriated. You haven't shown anything like that. FEMA has already countered that, and you have the breadcrumb that leads to the statement and the publicly available docs.

I know you can argue better than this. Put in some effort. Don't be Matt Gaetz. What you're pushing is Matt Gaetz-level drivel. He and others are counting on you to fall into the conflating trap.

DHS has been asking for Congress to to supplement the DRF all of last fiscal year and... currently, all of this new fiscal year. Alas, Congress punted.
Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM   #24
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy156 View Post
The U.S. House of Representatives controls government spending. The Republicans hold the House majority. They haven't even called a vote for FEMA funding yet. They are the ones dragging feet.

What part of that don't you understand?
No, tommy. The House doesn't "control" federal spending. Its spending proposals must also be passed by the US Senate and signed into law by the POTUS. Can't believe I even have to explain this stuff to you.

FEMA hasn't run out of money yet. Your border security hero Alejandro Mayorkas said yesterday they have enough to "meet immediate needs" including Helene relief.

So while we are waiting for the next storm to arrive, let's talk about which programs you propose to cut in order to free up supplemental funds for FEMA down the road.

Should we claw back the money approved for the Dept. of Transportaion to build a half-million EV charging stations? Last I checked, Pete Buttplug had only completed 7 of them.

Or should we claw back the $42 billion in funds authorized for the Federal Communication Commission to expand high-speed internet access across rural America? Last I heard, Broadband Czar Kamala Harris had nothing to show for this program - zero, nada, zilch - so we might as well rescind it.

Please let us know ASAP which program(s) we should raid in order to replenish FEMA funding before the next hurricane hits.

It's your call, tommy!
Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM   #25
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Amazon’s Alexa: “The US government used Project Cirrus, a weather modification program, to cloud seed and influence Hurricane Helene using silver iodide. This was done to lower the value of the land, and reduce the amount of compensation that would have to be paid out[[to buy the land]]”
bambino is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM   #26
bambino
Valued Poster

https://t.me/realKarliBonne/269169

ELON: Just received this text 20 mins ago.

The level of belligerent government incompetence is staggering!!
Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM   #27
bambino
Valued Poster

Elon Musk on X - SpaceX engineers are trying to deliver Starlink terminals & supplies to devastated areas in North Carolina right now and @FEMA is both failing to help AND won’t let others help. This is unconscionable!!

They just took this video a few hours ago, where you can see the level of devastation: roads, houses, electricity, water supply and ground Internet connections completely destroyed.

@FEMA wouldn’t let them land to deliver critical supplies …
Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM   #28
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Amazon’s Alexa: “The US government used Project Cirrus, a weather modification program, to cloud seed and influence Hurricane Helene using silver iodide. This was done to lower the value of the land, and reduce the amount of compensation that would have to be paid out[[to buy the land]]”
Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM   #29
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
You're conflating "budget appropriations and use" with immigration because some money was spent on migrant related issues.

That SSP funding is an entirely separately appropriated bucket of CBP money that FEMA can use to supplement state and local migrant efforts. That's not immigration or immigration law. That's domestic humanitarian assistance. It's not part of the disaster relief fund. Different buckets and you can't raid DRF for SSP.
Well, that's interesting. So the Dept. of Homeland Security administers all the funds flowing to FEMA, which include both disaster relief (DRF) and a shelter & services program (SSP) which you describe as "domestic humanitarian assistance".

Why is "domestic" assistance being spent on migrants? That seems to be the crux of the Republican critique. Aren't there a lot of deserving US citizens who could benefit from SSP? Money is finite, not unlimited. If FEMA did a better job of securing the border, it wouldn't be in need of more "domestic" money for migrants, at the same time that it is coming back, hat in hand, to ask Congress to replenish the DRF.
Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM   #30
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Congress reduced SSP funding this year by 150 million. It's only been around since 2022 and a drop in the bucket of the budget.

The info you need is at your finger tips

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women