Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Coed Discussions - Austin
test
Coed Discussions - Austin Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70759
biomed162936
Yssup Rider60581
gman4453258
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48541
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42125
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36489
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 06-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #16
favoriteman
Registered Member

I say drive safe! If you need to hit your brakes 20 times more than the average, you are probably doing it wrong. Don't make me blow my Vuvuzela.
favoriteman is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:43 PM   #17
rrrabbit
Eat me, or mount me

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternomancer View Post
So everyone should follow your guidelines of safe driving, and appease your wishes because, otherwise, it ticks you off.

Some vehicles take longer than others to stop (it's called law of inertia); other considerations also apply - like weather conditions, condition and/or age of the vehicle's tires and/or brakes, person's age and/or mental/physical disposition affecting reaction times, and a host of others.

I'm sorry, but if someone needs 3 car lengths on a dry, sunny day moving at a pace of less than 5 mph (which is the situation I was speaking of) then they probably shouldn't be on the road if mental/physical/mechanical conditions warrant such behavior; let alone doing it in the outside lane. Inertia is almost nil at such a speed. There is safe driving and there is also curteous driving which that is not.

I, myself, follow the several car lengths rule at the higher speeds that require it, but when traffic is moving at the pace of someone doing a brisk walk, no.

I never stated if they were right or wrong. Yes, it ticks me off because it isn't curteous to other drivers. There is safe and there is too safe. Consider this, if traffic is flowing at 65 and you want to do 30 because you feel it's safer, a cop will issue a ticket for unsafe driving because traffic conditions dictate a faster speed.

Did I ever state, or imply, it ticks me off ?

'nuff said. Tell me why the rest of your post is worth reading, since it starts off with an ignorant remark as thus ?

Go ahead, give it a twirl, Einstein. Your deductive logic, thus far, has been flawless.

Or better yet, go play some more Mortal Combat.

If in your judgment, you decide that it's safe for you to move into a space, then do so. If the person behind feels that your judgment makes them uncomfortable, they have the option to fall back.

What was it that you said ? Was it : "I'm stuck not moving and the cycle repeats!" ?

There, sir, is the difference between your self serving deductive logic and mine.
rrrabbit is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #18
nuglet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

I think all parties involved (as drivers) in an accident should have a mandatory license suspension for at least a week, perhaps a month, (the first time, and progressively longer on subsequent events). There is NO innocent party in a wreck... someone was NOT driving defensively and thus could have prevented the accident... and the OP was driving like a fool... well if there is a fool on the road near you, it would behoove you to get the hell away from them. (your fault for not watching your ass), or had the attitude of "fuck you! I'm driving here!!
There's no winner in a wreck (ridiculous insurance awards aside)
the goal would be to stop having wrecks and so if everyone knew that a wreck, no matter who gets the ticket, would have a suspended license mandated... more folks would either straighten up, or would be in an accident. Either way, there would be a hell of a lot more room on the roads, at least until manners, and attitudes were adjusted. Have I had wrecks, yep! Do I avoid them now.. yessir!
I hear the traffic is light in Sanderson Tx... try going there for a while.
nuglet is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #19
runswithscissors
Account Disabled

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by favoriteman View Post
I say drive safe! If you need to hit your brakes 20 times more than the average, you are probably doing it wrong. Don't make me blow my Vuvuzela.
I love it! Instead of honking your horn; blow it!
runswithscissors is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #20
rrrabbit
Eat me, or mount me

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
I love it! Instead of honking your horn; blow it!

Now there's a compromised mental disposition, if there ever was one. LOL
Old 06-27-2010, 04:57 PM   #21
Budman
BANNED

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuglet View Post
I think all parties involved (as drivers) in an accident should have a mandatory license suspension for at least a week, perhaps a month, (the first time, and progressively longer on subsequent events). There is NO innocent party in a wreck... someone was NOT driving defensively and thus could have prevented the accident... and the OP was driving like a fool... well if there is a fool on the road near you, it would behoove you to get the hell away from them. (you fault for not watching your ass), or had the attitude of "fuck you! I'm driving here!! There's no winner in a wreck (ridiculous insurance awards aside)
the goal would be to stop having wrecks and so if everyone knew that a wreck, no matter who gets the ticket, would have a suspended license mandated... more folks would either straighten up, or would be in an accident. Either way, there would be a hell of a lot more room on the roads, at least until manners, and attitudes were adjusted. Have I had wrecks, yep! Do I avoid them now.. yessir!
I hear the traffic is light in Sanderson Tx... try going there for a while.

You can't be serious. If you are that is the dumbest thing I've heard in a long fucking time. How about this scenario; you are at a complete stop in rush hour traffic & the dickhead behind you slams into to your ass. You think you should have your license suspended? What a fucking stupid idea. It's an accident.
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #22
nuglet
Valued Poster

Yes birdbrain, I do. and for your info. I have ridden motorcycles for about 5 decades and more than once I have saved my butt by allowing safety space in front of me so when some jerk (perhaps the "dumbest thing") behind the wheel in a vehicle behind me decides he started slowing down too late and my only notice is squealing tires. I don't even look, I just start moving forward to hopefully avoid inclusion, or at least minimize the effect, in his error, or look for room between lanes to get the hell out of the way.
The word MR BUDMAN, is DEFENSIVE driving.
Operating a 1-2 ton vehicle is NOT A RIGHT... it's a privilege.
I can see which camp you're in though. Have I ever had an "accident"? YEP, more than I care to recall over the years.
Was it my fault... ? Well, if I had been paying more attention than I was, I would not have been involved. After all, who really wins (stupid insurance awards not withstanding)
Did I learn from it... yessir I did.
Would I "like" having my license suspended? of course not, but I'd damn sure pay more attention next time.
You're are apparently making excuses for your own lapse of attention to arriving safely without hurting anyone. Just the type I watch for in traffic. I recommend you pay attention, not only to the cars in front of you, but behind as well.
"Just an Accident"? BS, nope, lack of being an alert, defensive driver, but that's ok, you probably confessed this morning so all is right in your universe.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #23
Budman
BANNED

Quote:
Yes birdbrain, I do. and for your info. I have ridden motorcycles for about 5 decades and more than once I have saved my butt by allowing safety space in front of me so when some jerk (perhaps the "dumbest thing") behind the wheel in a vehicle behind me decides he started slowing down too late and my only notice is squealing tires. I don't even look, I just start moving forward to hopefully avoid inclusion in his error, or look for room between lanes to get the hell out of the way. The word MR BUDMAN, is DEFENSIVE driving. Operating a 1-2 ton vehicle is NOT A RIGHT... it's a privilege.
I can see which camp you're in though. Have I ever had an "accident"? YEP, more than I care to recall over the years.
Was it my fault... ? Well, if I had been paying more attention than I was, I would not have been involved. After all, who really wins (stupid insurance awards not withstanding)
Did I learn from it... yessir I did.
You're are apparently making excuses for your own lapse of attention to arriving safely without hurting anyone. Just the type I watch for in traffic.
Accident? BS, but that's ok, you probably confessed this morning so all is right in your universe.
You are a fucking idiot. I can think of many circumstances that occur where ther is only one person at fault. Have I avoided accidents by defensive driving, hell yes. Have I been in situations where you have zero control over the events happening around you, hell yes. I too rode bikes for years but that doesn't mean shit in regards to your dumb ass statement. How about this scenario genius, someone runs a red light and t-bones you, I guess it was your fault. Get real.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:19 PM   #24
nuglet
Valued Poster

Yep, you should never, ever, leave a red light stop without being sure the cross traffic is clear bubba.
In fact you are probably one of the IDIOTS (to quote you) that think GREEN MEANS GO.. WRONG!!! Green means "go after being sure it's safe".
You say: "Have I been in situations where you have zero control over the events happening around you". Well that kinda proves my point. If you paid attention, you would NOT be in those situations. The way you write it, in your world it appears to be a common experience..

Remind me when you go out, I'll be glad to park somewhere safe.
by the way, "fucking idiot" is totally unnecessary. You have an opinion. you also have the right to be wrong. chill son.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #25
rrrabbit
Eat me, or mount me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
Dude, I have to agree with down41 on this. Using your logic how do you know the guy pulling in front of you is not on the way to the hospital? That's kind of a moronic argument. If you are in slow stop and go traffic you need to stay within a car length of the vehicles in front of you. If traffic is moving along at a decent pace and you are in the left lane you need to be passing other cars or move the fuck over. The problem with drivers everywhere is so many think they are the only ones that matter and if they think the proper speed is 45 then everybody doing more is the problem. Pick your speed and do it in the proper lane. Rush hour traffic sucks for all of us regardless of the city you are in but doing your part to keep traffic moving is a plus. Quit gawking at the wreck on the other side of the highway and stay up with the flow of traffic will help a bunch.
I don't know jack. But do I care to gamble ? No.

Bottom line, I'll protect my space. If someone moves into it, I'll fall back to give myself the room that I AM COMFORTABLE WITH (how much, is not for you to decide - that's my decision).

All I'm saying is try not to cut people off. If you see someone protecting some space, let them have the space.

It costs you nothing. And in the long run, everyone gets home about the same time and SAFELY.

The alternative is a bunch of ppl cutting each other off, higher stress levels, and delays to boot for each accident.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #26
nuglet
Valued Poster

rrrabit:
DO the above points and counterpoints explain or answer your original question?
You can easily see the attitude of some of the drivers here in Austin. "NOT MY FAULT, NEVER WAS, NOW GET OUT OF MY WAY..
Old 06-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #27
Guest010512-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrabbit View Post
It's apparent, even to the layman, that YOU sir, have appointed yourself the traffic regulator; and that you are trying to justify your logic. Your "If -> Then -> Else -> ElseIf" attempt at self justification may make sense to you, but please keep your judgments to yourself, instead of pushing it onto others. In fact, you are attempting to brew up nothing but ignorant assumptions into a potion of self righteousness.

How do you know that the person on the cell is not talking to a person who just got raped and is headed to the hospital, or of a matter of similar urgency demanding immediate attention? Maybe they are allowing for the extra space because they recognize that they are operating under conditions where their mental disposition has been compromised ?

But, according to your logic, they should pull over and call an ambulance and be driven there and they should not be on the road at all. Is that because they are a danger, or because they are in your way, or because your destination is of greater value than theirs ?

Again, your time is not more important than mine, or the pimple faced kid in front of you. And it's not all back and white.

Glass bubble comes to mind.

You live in a city. Learn to share. Otherwise, consider retiring to the country where the next house is 3 miles up the road, sir.
You're the guy driving like a lame ass in rush hour with a compromised mental condition talking on his cell phone to rape victims. Why don't you retire to the country? I DO live in a city. Where most people on the road hate guys like you.

Sir.

Bubble head comes to mind.

Look pal, you can play WHAT IF all day long. Most of the time the guys poking along in rush hour are just guys who want to be special. And the people on their phones are talking to their girlfriends and laughing, oblivious to what's going on around them.

If driving scares you take the bus.
Guest010512-2 is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #28
Budman
BANNED

Quote:
Yep, you should never, ever, leave a red light stop without being sure the cross traffic is clear bubba.
That's assuming you are stopped at the light. You must be one of the clowns that slows to 5 MPH when approaching a green light. You can't be too careful you know.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #29
nuglet
Valued Poster

Whew, what a nice bunch o' guys... I'm outta here.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:30 PM   #30
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

One of the reasons I like a motorcycle is that riding one cuts my odds way down of accidentally killing somebody else. If I inattentively slam into an SUV, soccer mom's gonna be fine, you know?
78704 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women