Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162543
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41564
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35937
Mojojo33117

Old 01-06-2018, 05:54 AM   #16
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

The economic numbers do not lie. Unlike standinshit.

https://www.atr.org/list?utm_source=...+Reform+RSS%29

If you're not in the market it's your own fuckin' fault. Shit! Even McDonald's offers 401k's. If you can't invest 7 cents out of every dollar you earn and have your employer match it you're in the wrong fuckin' job. Find another one.

Don't blame the President for your own stupidity, standinshit!

The economy is on fire! Either participate in it or STFU! Nobody's buying your bullshit.
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:41 AM   #17
00 gauge
Lifetime Premium Access

^^^^ Nailed it!! .....
00 gauge is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:32 AM   #18
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
And just what were they discussing after the election of 2008?

What's Obaminable done to assist Trump's TRANSITION?

Bush was CLASS .... Obaminable has been TRASH!

On another note, since you are the resident "expert" on the "wonderful" ACA (as you apparently believe) being terminated from a 40+ hour a week job with benefits (health care for the family) and put on a contract basis, a 30-hour work week, and/or a 20-hour part-time job requiring obtaining a 2nd job to make ends meet ....

is NOT INCREASING EMPLOYMENT.

Neither is borrowing money and hiring more federal employees!

Or giving money to "agenda industries" to keep them afloat for photo-ops is NOT CREATING JOBS!

(Look who's smiling!)

The reality during the years from 2009 to 2017 is that the horrendous debt was generated, wages fell, employment hours fell, and YOUR MAN Obaminable pissed off a bunch of taxpayer money to SHORE UP his agenda and give the appearance that he was doing a great job. You drank his snake oil he sold for 10 years.

I know a lot of folks who would take your little bar graphs, roll them up, and shove them up your ass! That's why they voted for Trump, and that's why Trump won. Even those who originally drank the "snake oil" to which you got addicted.

Many ended up working shorter hours or two part-time jobs and their health insurance premiums went from around $200 a month for their family to $1,200 to $1,500 for the family. I know families in which the wife went back to work just to pay the health insurance premiums ... for the family.

They don't "qualify" for a subsidy to pay their increased costs or they were too proud to ask for the GOVERNMENT TIT! But you and Obaminable count two part-time jobs as TWO JOBS and brag about how many people got enrolled in "Obamacare" WITH GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES!

Now about that "Auto Industry" YOUR MAN "BAILED OUT"!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ility/3849833/

2013 ... THAT WAS FOUR YEARS AFTER YOUR MAN WAS SWORN!

"Detroit becomes largest U.S. city to enter bankruptcy"

Keep tossing bullshit and those worthless bar graphs.

Hang on to them. You'll need them in about 7 years!

For one: When Bush was elected in 2000 the country was in a recession and had been for a good 6-8 months, so your candidates buddy, HillariousNoMore, was getting her "education" in preparation for her run for the White House by learning how to drive the country into a recession, which may be why folks didn't vote for her ass either ....

For two: Borrowing money and pissing it off is not good economics! See Solyndra.
You say you are an accountant, you should know that the accounting period for Federal Budget is from June to June, the first 6 months of that 1.5 Trillion for 2009 belongs to Bush43.
Bush43 is a class guy but he was incompetent. If Obama left Trump a 1.5 Trillion dollar deficit, then you would have something to complain about. Trump would not have been able to do the Tax cut if he inherited a 1.5 trillion dollar deficit from Obama. Obama got Federal Budget Deficit down to a managable 560 billion.

For the plumber who was self employed but had a pre-existing condition and could not get health insurance, your dumb ass solution for him was stop being a plumber and go find a job for a company that offers its employees health insurance. What a hippocrit. Don't lay that crap on me about companies reducing their employees work week from 40 to 30 because the company is too cheap to offer its employees health insurance. That is just fucking greedy and no respect for their employees. The health insurance companies are no angels, they purposely sold low cost "Junk" policies that would not cover anything. The policyholder make have liked it because it was cheap, but once you tried to use it after you got sick, you found out your "Junk" policy was worthless. Futhermore, you have to be employed to get a private health insurance plan on HealthCare.Gov. People who getting the insurance work and pay taxes. They have homes and pay rent/mortgage. The unemployed are on Medicaid which was brought in by LBJ in 1965. Yes, the new policies cost more but they protect you from financial ruin if you get sick. If the cheapest premium in your zipcode is greater than 8% of your income, you can get the exemption and not have to pay the Tax for being uninsured. One more time for you and IBidiot, the grandfather plans were supposed to be kept not cancelled, even if they did not have the 10 minium benefits. You didn't have to beg for the subsidy, it was put in place because they knew adding sick people to the risk pool would cause the premium price to go up.
Twenty million plus regular citizens got health insurance that they did not have before the ACA law was passed.

Obama did bail out Wall Street trading houses like Bear Stearns, Morgan Stanley, Merrill lynch, AIG and a laundry list of other who lost all of their money making risky bets that were not regulated. There was no Dodd/Frank bill at the time. With GM the CEO was forced out and GM was made to get rid of the car divisions that were not profitable. They had to do those things before they could get their TARP loans. GM became profitable under Obama. Solandre is not the first government sponsered startup to fail. At some point in time the USA needs to perfect solar technology so that we can be less reliant on foreign oil.
flghtr65 is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:48 AM   #19
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flghtr65 View Post
You say you are an accountant, ....
.. did I?

My recommendation is you take up your bullshit argument with StandingInShit, and not me. He says he's a "professor"! You like to argue with the teachers, don't you?

He also says: "The economy is a mess"! You say it's not!

Probably you two should get that ironed out before you start bashing Trump and praising Obaminable. See you next year!

It does seem we're on an 8-year cycle in which each outgoing two-term President leaves a mess for the next POTUS. Obaminable is no exception. Clinton did. Bush did. And Obaminable did. The difference:

Bush admitted it, and met with the incoming guy to coordinate the handoff with the legislation he rammed through after the elections in 2008. Clinton and his loony loyalists denied it vehemently and the same with Obaminable and his whining, sniffling, cry-babies who didn't anoint HillariousNoMore! Too bad! Bust some of that 401K and buy a years worth of coloring books with a comfort pet and supplies. Oh, yea: Kleenex too! In case you run out of bar graphs.

LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:06 AM   #20
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Quote:
You say you are an accountant, you should know that the accounting period for Federal Budget is from June to June, the first 6 months of that 1.5 Trillion for 2009 belongs to Bush43.
Wrong. The fiscal year for federal accounting purposes runs from Oct. 1 to the following Sept. 30.

Fiscal year 2009 started when Bush was still in office (Oct. 1, 2008) and ended more than 8 months after Obama had been sworn in (Sept. 30, 2009).

This means Obama was President for over 2/3 of FY2009. I have seen countless misleading left-wing charts, graphs and economic analyses that dump that year entirely on Bush's plate. While Bush set the original budget for FY2009, Obama signed the stimulus package as soon as he took office, adding hundreds of billions to that year's spending.

Neither side wants to "own" FY2009 since it was the first time the US incurred a spending deficit exceeding $1 trillion and it was a miserable economic period (GDP fell, unemployment surged) by all standards. The truth is both sides own part of it.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:29 AM   #21
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post

While Bush set the original budget for FY2009, Obama signed the stimulus package as soon as he took office, adding hundreds of billions to that year's spending.
I'm going to check, but my recollection is that during the transition meetings at the White House it was agreed that Bush would spend roughly 1/2 the stimulus package while he was in office and Obaminable would spend the remainder when he took office. Bush signed it to get the funding.

Quote:
The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (Division A of Pub.L. 110–343, 122 Stat. 3765, enacted October 3, 2008),signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush,...
The 2nd act passed in 2009 during Obaminable's administration was effective in Feb. 2009.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:20 PM   #22
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
I'm going to check, but my recollection is that during the transition meetings at the White House it was agreed that Bush would spend roughly 1/2 the stimulus package while he was in office and Obaminable would spend the remainder when he took office. Bush signed it to get the funding.

The 2nd act passed in 2009 during Obaminable's administration was effective in Feb. 2009.
You are confusing the TARP bill with the stimulus bill. TARP (known as the Troubled Asset Relief Program) was passed under Bush in Oct. 2008. It allowed the Feds to inject capital into the banks and other ailing firms such as GM, in the form of loans and non-voting preferred stock. All of the TARP money was ultimately repaid to the US Treasury, so none of it added to the national debt!

The stimulus bill - known as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act or ARRA - was signed by Obama in Feb. 2009. It provided for over $800 billion in stimulus to the economy. Most of this was spent over the next 2-3 years. None of it was ever repaid, so (unlike TARP) it added to the national debt!
Old 01-06-2018, 12:34 PM   #23
LexusLover
Valued Poster

^^^ I'm not confusing the two, but it was my understanding the "phase II" was discussed within just a few days of election and during the transition period. That was my point. The "TARP" was only considered to be an initial phase of a "work around" regarding the economic issues at the time and took care of "urgent" funding matters. IMO it was a political decision (and that was my recollection) with the new Congress to vote on the Phase II.

The bottom line is both Presidents worked on the stimulation and bailouts. My other point is that Bush worked closely with Obaminable in the transition and made no efforts to sabotage the incoming President. In fact later on during Obaminable's administration Bush "introduced" Obaminable to Africa! At Obaminable's request.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:23 PM   #24
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
^^^ I'm not confusing the two, but it was my understanding the "phase II" was discussed within just a few days of election and during the transition period. That was my point. The "TARP" was only considered to be an initial phase of a "work around" regarding the economic issues at the time and took care of "urgent" funding matters. IMO it was a political decision (and that was my recollection) with the new Congress to vote on the Phase II.

The bottom line is both Presidents worked on the stimulation and bailouts. My other point is that Bush worked closely with Obaminable in the transition and made no efforts to sabotage the incoming President. In fact later on during Obaminable's administration Bush "introduced" Obaminable to Africa! At Obaminable's request.
I never heard anyone refer to the stimulus bill (or ARRA) as being a "Phase II" of the TARP bill. I have been trying to explain they were two very different pieces of legislation, even though both were rushed out to combat the 2008/09 recession.

The area where I recall the most coordination between Bush and Obama was in the initial TARP loans that were disbursed for GM and Chrysler in late 2008. The Democrats swept both Houses of Congress in the 2008 elections, so they were pretty much in a position to craft the stimulus bill (ARRA) on their own.

You are correct that Bush did everything possible to ensure a smooth transition for Obama, in contrast to the way Obama sabotaged Trump to enter office under the shadow of collusion allegations undermining the perceived legitimacy of his victory.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:39 PM   #25
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
The DJIA went from 7,000 points to 19,000 points under Obama, a gain of 12,000 points. If the DJIA hits 30,000 under Trump the gain will be about the same. When Bush43 left office the DJIA was down and falling fast!
In early Oct 2007 the DJIA was around 14K. It was because the housing bubble bursting, something Dim Barney Frank said would never happen, happened. The recovery started with BushII's TARP which he brought Obama up to speed with.

Obama also said that he didn't deserve to re elected if he couldn't bring Unemployment below 8%. It was only through some creative accounting did that happen.

Obama's financial accomplishments, like Bill Clinton's are grossly overstated.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 01:45 PM   #26
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Bush43 is a class guy but he was incompetent. If Obama left Trump a 1.5 Trillion dollar deficit, then you would have something to complain about. Trump would not have been able to do the Tax cut if he inherited a 1.5 trillion dollar deficit from Obama. Obama got Federal Budget Deficit down to a managable 560 billion.

For the plumber who was self employed but had a pre-existing condition and could not get health insurance, your dumb ass solution for him was stop being a plumber and go find a job for a company that offers its employees health insurance. What a hippocrit. Don't lay that crap on me about companies reducing their employees work week from 40 to 30 because the company is too cheap to offer its employees health insurance. That is just fucking greedy and no respect for their employees. The health insurance companies are no angels, they purposely sold low cost "Junk" policies that would not cover anything. The policyholder make have liked it because it was cheap, but once you tried to use it after you got sick, you found out your "Junk" policy was worthless. Futhermore, you have to be employed to get a private health insurance plan on HealthCare.Gov. People who getting the insurance work and pay taxes. They have homes and pay rent/mortgage. The unemployed are on Medicaid which was brought in by LBJ in 1965. Yes, the new policies cost more but they protect you from financial ruin if you get sick. If the cheapest premium in your zipcode is greater than 8% of your income, you can get the exemption and not have to pay the Tax for being uninsured. One more time for you and IBidiot, the grandfather plans were supposed to be kept not cancelled, even if they did not have the 10 minium benefits. You didn't have to beg for the subsidy, it was put in place because they knew adding sick people to the risk pool would cause the premium price to go up.
Twenty million plus regular citizens got health insurance that they did not have before the ACA law was passed.

Obama did bail out Wall Street trading houses like Bear Stearns, Morgan Stanley, Merrill lynch, AIG and a laundry list of other who lost all of their money making risky bets that were not regulated. There was no Dodd/Frank bill at the time. With GM the CEO was forced out and GM was made to get rid of the car divisions that were not profitable. They had to do those things before they could get their TARP loans. GM became profitable under Obama. Solandre is not the first government sponsered startup to fail. At some point in time the USA needs to perfect solar technology so that we can be less reliant on foreign oil.
Wrong. The fiscal year for federal accounting purposes runs from Oct. 1 to the following Sept. 30.

Fiscal year 2009 started when Bush was still in office (Oct. 1, 2008) and ended more than 8 months after Obama had been sworn in (Sept. 30, 2009).

This means Obama was President for over 2/3 of FY2009. I have seen countless misleading left-wing charts, graphs and economic analyses that dump that year entirely on Bush's plate. While Bush set the original budget for FY2009, Obama signed the stimulus package as soon as he took office, adding hundreds of billions to that year's spending.

Neither side wants to "own" FY2009 since it was the first time the US incurred a spending deficit exceeding $1 trillion and it was a miserable economic period (GDP fell, unemployment surged) by all standards. The truth is both sides own part of it.
+1

The socialist dildo obviously enjoys lying.

Quote:
"A Democrat controlled Congress purposely held off on the big spending portions of the appropriations bills until Odumbo took office. They did so for the purposes of jacking up spending. President Odumbo signed the final FY2009 spending bills on March 11, 2009...

"President Bush signed only three of the twelve appropriations bills for FY 2009: Defense; Military Construction/Veterans Affairs; and, Homeland Security. President Bush also signed a continuing resolution that kept the government running until March 6, 2009 that level of funding the remaining nine appropriations bills at FY 2008 levels. President Bush and his spending should only be judged on these three appropriations bills and FY 2008 levels of funding for the remaining nine appropriations bills. Bush43 never consented to the dramatic increase in spending for FY 2009 and he should not be blamed for that spending spree..."

(Politifact)
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 01:51 PM   #27
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I never heard anyone refer to the stimulus bill (or ARRA) as being a "Phase II" of the TARP bill.
And you still haven't. Because that's not what I posted. I hope I don't have to repeat verbatim what I posted! It is my recollection that the "conversation" was that the "TARP" wasn't going to do the trick, but it was almost a bandaid/tourniquet until an additional (phase II) could be negotiated and put in place and rather than do that post election and pre-inauguration, it was to be delayed until post-inauguration ....

... I was initially, intentionally vague, because I was going on recollection, but if you go back and look at the post to which I was responding someone was claiming it was ALL OBAMINABLE ... including the FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS and AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY! Guess who?

.. and there is another reason for me mentioning the coordination by Bush. Compare that to what was going on during the Trump transition as far as Obaminable and his hooligans are concerned! And then Obaminable comes on after being sworn with the "Elections have consequences" fucked up attitude.

Apparently he also believes that beating his ASS in elections has "consequences" also .... so he responds like a turd. So like most narcissistic assholes he wants it both ways!
Old 01-06-2018, 05:19 PM   #28
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
1. Bailed Out Wall Street, The Banks, and the Auto Industry.

2. Got the Unemployment rate down to 5% from 10%.

3. Added millions of jobs.

4. Reduced the Federal Budget deficit from 1.5T to 560 Billion which put the USA in a better position for a tax cut.
Sorry but Bush started the Wall street and Auto industry Bailout which was a bad idea because it didn't help but make things worse. That's why Chrysler was bought out by Fiat for almost nothing and the Pontiac Brand went exstinct. The number of people on entitlement programs went from 22million under Bush to 47 million under Obama. That alone will keep unemployment high and job growth doesn't mean shit if those positioned are'nt filled. Between Bush and Obama this country had sixteen years of two incompetent presidents and a series of wars in the Middle East that has lasted going on seventeen years now. Nothing special about Obama and I'll even include Bush.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:52 PM   #29
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
The truth is both sides own part of it.
1. That is what I wrote in post #18 Clownboy. You tried to make a big deal about the starting date for the accounting period being Oct instead of June. The Hillbilly who handicaps football in the Sandbox thought it was January. For a lot of sate and local governments the accounting period is June to May.

2. The point still stands Obama shaved 1 trillion off of that 2009 budget set by Bush43 to get the federal budget deficit to around 560 billion for 2017 when Trump took over. You can see that in the graph that was posted in post #12.

3. No way congress is doing tax reform if the Federal Budget Deficit is still around a Trillion dollars.
Old 01-07-2018, 04:59 PM   #30
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
Sorry but Bush started the Wall street and Auto industry Bailout which was a bad idea because it didn't help but make things worse. That's why Chrysler was bought out by Fiat for almost nothing and the Pontiac Brand went exstinct. The number of people on entitlement programs went from 22million under Bush to 47 million under Obama. That alone will keep unemployment high and job growth doesn't mean shit if those positioned are'nt filled. Between Bush and Obama this country had sixteen years of two incompetent presidents and a series of wars in the Middle East that has lasted going on seventeen years now. Nothing special about Obama and I'll even include Bush.

Jim
Bush43 made one TARP loan to nine banks in Oct 2008. Bush43 had nothing to do with the bailout of GM and Chrysler. The Pontiac Brand (formerly a division of GM) went extinct because Obama forced GM to eliminate several car divisions that were not profitable before GM could receive their TARP bailout money.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women