Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-24-2018, 11:45 AM   #16
CG2014
Premium Access

Encounters: 104

Some of those repairs she needs can't be done by a 'shade tree mechanic'.

They will require a mechanic equipped with the right tools and equipments and computerized diagnosis machines in a fully equipped auto repair garage and the mechanic must have the training and experience to do such repairs..

It's not something that can be done in a parking lot or on a drive way in a few hours using a couple of drive up ramps.
CG2014 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:00 PM   #17
gntman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

What CG2014 said. If it starts, runs and drives maybe you sell it and use the cash as deposit on another vehicle. Or do the minimum to make it so.
gntman is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:24 PM   #18
Jdiablio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG2014 View Post

They will require a mechanic equipped with the right tools and equipments and computerized diagnosis machines in a fully equipped auto repair garage and the mechanic must have the training and experience to do such repairs..

It's not something that can be done in a parking lot or on a drive way in a few hours using a couple of drive up ramps.
Balls on right there!

Even with all that stuff, this thing still sounds like a hand grenade.
Jdiablio is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:46 PM   #19
johnclark
Viva covfefe!

Encounters: 88

You guy's sound like all the talking heads on CNN trying to diagnose Trumps mental health. The OP asked for help with repairs, not a blind nello diagnosis with armchair valuations to boot. It seems to me someone has already told her what she needs, so maybe she already has the parts and just wants to get them installed.
johnclark is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:05 PM   #20
Sweet Upscale Treat
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 396350
Location: Incall: Houston Galleria | Outcall: Where Requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souper View Post
I would be up for adjusting the multicosity of your frammas and reverse your forward bearings in exchange.

PM me babe
Sweet Upscale Treat is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:09 PM   #21
Sweet Upscale Treat
Pending Age Verification

I already took it to a mechanic and I know what repairs I need done.
As stated above.

I just thought I would post on here - to do a trade of services if you were a mechanic - that's all. I know what it will cost..
Old 01-24-2018, 01:37 PM   #22
Here4theFUNofIT
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG2014 View Post

Since when do you need a computer to change shocks, oil pan gasket and differential fluid? Those parts are not electronic therefore don’t require that sort of diagnosistic
Here4theFUNofIT is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:51 PM   #23
CG2014
Premium Access

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here4theFUNofIT View Post
Since when do you need a computer to change shocks, oil pan gasket and differential fluid? Those parts are not electronic therefore don’t require that sort of diagnosistic
Read her Original Post.

She mentioned Air Bag sensor.

That can't be done without the proper electronic computer equipment to scan the vehicle first for error codes and then scan it again after the Air Bag sensor is replaced.

Also her Tahoe being older, yes you are correct in saying a computer is not needed to change shocks but many of the new cars have electronic sensors and computer controls on the shocks.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:49 PM   #24
WTOilMan
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 3
Default Easy

Shocks-2 bolts (Don't even need to lift the truck. Differential (3rd member)-Since you have transaxal, it will be removeable... perfect time to do the seals (Do both sides), Oil Pan gasket is simple. Except for the 3rd member and transaxal work, you could probably do most of it yourself. The hard part is the cost of the parts. There's some place; cant remember the name on 35e sort of around mockingbird on the west side of the road that have great prices on parts (some refurbished).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Upscale Treat View Post
I need these repairs: auto ride shocks - rear differential/change fluid & or replace any gears - oil pan gasket - change transaxle seal -

I am in Dallas also..
WTOilMan is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:21 PM   #25
Sweet Upscale Treat
Pending Age Verification

If u want to teach me how - i am up for that too. Never hurts to learn something new!!
Old 01-24-2018, 09:39 PM   #26
Sir Lancehernot
Just another guy

Encounters: 65

Anyone besides me see "Mechanic Wanted" and have an image of Charles Bronson come to mind?
Sir Lancehernot is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:56 PM   #27
Shep3.0
Premium Access

Encounters: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Upscale Treat View Post
If u want to teach me how - i am up for that too. Never hurts to learn something new!!
If no one legit answers. Message doc2078. He builds cars and can do it all.
Shep3.0 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:01 PM   #28
CG2014
Premium Access

Cars are so complicated now and yes, the new technology in them with the GPS and the gadgets are cool and useful (well, most of them), but it makes them impossible to repair yourself.

Even just changing the oil yourself (or replacing the battery) on some cars is impossible.

I remember I used to work on cars before I even got a license at 16 just watching my friends and my brother and I always did everything myself until about the late 80's.

Have replaced AC compressors, alternators, starters, shocks, full brake jobs, changed oils and belts and plugs.

Now you just can't do any of that yourself with all the computer technology in the cars.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:26 AM   #29
dallaswill
Premium Access

Encounters: 54

Is it possible to see what repairs your mechanic wrote down that you need? Scan and post them? Redact any personal info on the work order.

For instance you write:" rear differential/change fluid & or replace any gears". There is a huge difference between a dif oil change and replacing differential gears. Dif oil gets changed at 100K miles. Gears should just about last forever as long as proper oil lever is maintained.

Dif oil change could be $100. Replace dif gears $2500. We need more info to make an informed decision. I have set up a ring/pinion and replaced spider gears and axle bearings but only on 50 year old cars with lots of wear and tear. An 05 should not need very much.

Some oil pans can be dropped no problem and it is easy to replace the gasket. Other pans cannot be dropped due to transaxle in the way.

"auto ride shocks"...are these air shocks? If so is the shock air pump good? Is it established the shocks are worn out?

Are you asking for the mechanic to supply parts and his time? And in return you will supply your time? If so I see that version of the deal lopsided. You both provide your time, but car's owner supplies parts.
dallaswill is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:37 AM   #30
Sweet Upscale Treat
Pending Age Verification

Im willing to trade my services for a master mechanic with a shop in dfw area:
Depending on total cost
4 hr - 6hr - 10 hr

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies