Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > The Sandbox - Upstate New York
test
The Sandbox - Upstate New York The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70774
biomed163089
Yssup Rider60749
gman4453284
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48615
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42426
CryptKicker37208
The_Waco_Kid36853
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #16
GP
Premium Access

Encounters: 27

LOL. emotional obsession or gun fetish? How about a nation of gun-rights enthusiast?
GP is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:51 AM   #17
vm1200
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

My guns have killed fewer people than Ted Kennedy's car.
vm1200 is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #18
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
LOL. emotional obsession or gun fetish? How about a nation of gun-rights enthusiast?
I think the majority of "gun rights enthusiasts" would find it an impossible task to define 3 or 4 other rights guaranteed in the constitution, without first looking them up.

So i think it's more likely, a gun fetish.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #19
MountainGoat
Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Jack, why do you always insists on calling people who support the 2nd amendment as having a "gun fetish"?
it might have something to do with the "liberal" interpretation of the amendment. It states maintaining a "well-regulated militia". It does not say that everyone attending a gun show can walk out with an military style assault weapon. When the amendment was enacted, they were using flint-locks, not 30 clip guns.

I had a discussion with one of the union laborers this summer about assault weapons and when I asked him why he wanted to own one, his response was: "well, because I can, and because it's kinda like candy for a kid." Right, a kid with an assault rifle.

Look, I do not agree with the new NYS law and seriously do not think it will stop gun violence significantly, if at all. Hell, the CT guns were registered to his mother. The NY law wouldn't cover this case at all. Almost every recent incidence of gun violence is directly related to the mental condition of the antagonist. Perhaps this would be a better place to focus efforts, although this would be extremely difficult to predict and outcome.

Defending the right to own assault weapons based on the second amendment is clearly a stretch, at best, and IMHO think you have had too much of the NRA kool-aid.
MountainGoat is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #20
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
I think the majority of "gun rights enthusiasts" would find it an impossible task to define 3 or 4 other rights guaranteed in the constitution, without first looking them up.

So i think it's more likely, a gun fetish.

I would doubt if you went on the street and randomly picked 10 people that a simple majority could answer the same question. So would they all have fetishes, too?
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #21
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
I would doubt if you went on the street and randomly picked 10 people that a simple majority could answer the same question. So would they all have fetishes, too?
Are any of them running around acting like constitutional rights activists?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #22
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Quote:
errrr doove ahhhh can you rush your move to China

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
offshoredrilling is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #23
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Quote:

There are crusaders for any cause out there. SO to answer your question is yes. Plus, there are some that are trying to change the constitution to fit their beliefs.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #24
Guest070916
Account Disabled

Encounters: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm1200 View Post
My guns have killed fewer people than Ted Kennedy's car.
And my guns have killed fewer people that Dubya's 2 BS wars that Republicans seem to enjoy starting.....ijs
Guest070916 is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #25
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
There are crusaders for any cause out there. SO to answer your question is yes. Plus, there are some that are trying to change the constitution to fit their beliefs.
In a lot of ways, the Constitution is like the bible - you can get it to say pretty much anything you want. That, and the ones who want to rely on it the most are the ones who can't make the argument using, well, any other argument.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #26
GP
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGoat View Post
it might have something to do with the "liberal" interpretation of the amendment. It states maintaining a "well-regulated militia". It does not say that everyone attending a gun show can walk out with an military style assault weapon. When the amendment was enacted, they were using flint-locks, not 30 clip guns.
The main purpose of the 2nd amendment is to help prevent, and if necessary, overthrow a tyrannical government. With that said, you are correct, the militia and hunters as well as everyone was using flintlocks back when the constitution was written. But so was the government/military. Therefore, doesn't it make sense that if the government/military is able to use more modern weapons, that the people should be able to as well? I think it does.

Quote:
I had a discussion with one of the union laborers this summer about assault weapons and when I asked him why he wanted to own one, his response was: "well, because I can, and because it's kinda like candy for a kid." Right, a kid with an assault rifle.
1st off, the problem started by having a discussion with a union laborer. They are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. LOL Looking beyond that, this laborer was actually somewhat right. Because HE CAN. Where in the constitution does it say he can't?

Quote:
Look, I do not agree with the new NYS law and seriously do not think it will stop gun violence significantly, if at all. Hell, the CT guns were registered to his mother. The NY law wouldn't cover this case at all. Almost every recent incidence of gun violence is directly related to the mental condition of the antagonist. Perhaps this would be a better place to focus efforts, although this would be extremely difficult to predict and outcome.
Agree 10000000000000%

Quote:
Defending the right to own assault weapons based on the second amendment is clearly a stretch, at best, and IMHO think you have had too much of the NRA kool-aid.
I don't see it as a stretch at all. I see it as putting the "militia" (ie:THE PEOPLE) on a more level playing field in case the government becomes too tyrannical.
GP is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #27
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Quote:
In a lot of ways, the Constitution is like the bible - you can get it to say pretty much anything you want. That, and the ones who want to rely on it the most are the ones who can't make the argument using, well, any other argument.
Great, we agree ...
Old 02-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #28
MountainGoat
Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
With that said, you are correct, the militia and hunters as well as everyone was using flintlocks back when the constitution was written. But so was the government/military. Therefore, doesn't it make sense that if the government/military is able to use more modern weapons, that the people should be able to as well? I think it does.
I can't argue this except to point out that our current government has access to, well where to start: RPGs, tanks, b-1's, smart bombs, and so on. Do you seriously think an unregulated bunch of chuckleheads like the aforementioned union laborer with assault weapons would have any chance in keeping the US military in check?

Not trying to argue here, just wanting to hear another point of view
MountainGoat is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #29
GP
Premium Access

I don't see this as an argument. I see it as us having a nice, healthy discussion of differing ideas.

No, I do not. BUT..... and this is a big BUT.... From the people I know in the military and talking with them, I think it is highly unlikely that many (if any) of them would ever "engage" the PEOPLE of this country. I think it is more likely that they would either lay down their arms, or take up arms with the people in the overthrow of a government that has gotten out of control. I think these scenarios are more likely to play out. Not to get off subject, but look at other countries that have done this in the last decade. It proves it is possible. Even with that said, I still believe in and hope for a free country. To me, a free country means that I should be allowed to do whatever I want without the government infringing on my rights. I understand this will always be a point of contention and debate. I guess deep down in my heart, I think the forefathers of this country did a miraculous job framing the constitution. I always thought of myself as a libertarian, but I guess I am also a constitutionalist.
GP is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #30
JohnnyCap
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Hopefully the NRA is above defining themselves in terms of U2 lyrics. An overrated, pukingly self-righteous band if ever there was one.

Interesting New Yorker article, though there's no reason to believe it word for word.
JohnnyCap is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women