Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 10-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #16
mostlynormalstl
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Nope. Go Cards!

mostlynormalstl is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:44 AM   #17
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
If CJ is going to get 90 milllion over 6 years or something stupid I do agree we can let him go. I would rather sign Prince Fielder or Pujols if a big free agent is to be had or just spent some money locking up the current team long term. Feldman, Lewis, Ogando, Harrison and Dutch Oven is a pretty damn good rotation with 4 of the 5 starters in their 20's.
As between Fielder and Pujols, I think Pujols is the better value. Fielder looks like he has the sort of body that will begin to break down. He's an awfully big man. And the two of them should be cheaper in terms of what we expect to see in the pitching market because both Boston and New York seem set at first. I could see the Mets making a run, but why would those guys want to go there unless it's just money.

CJ Wilson I think CJ might actually get more than 90 over 6 years. Both Boston and NYYs are desperate for pitching. And Sabathia can leave the Yankees, too. So they don't really have any choice. They've got to pay whatever it takes to sign either Sabathia or CJ, and probably both. Boston will drive up the price unless they commit to rebuilding, which is not likely to taken well in Beantown. I've heard projections for him as low as $12M per year. I just don't see how that can be accurate given the market. My guess is he gets $110 or so for six years from NYY.

Some of the other folks that Texas might take a look at:

Kerry Wood Probably stays in Chicago, but Texas is one place that might tempt him.

Hiroki Kuroda Could probably be had for a far a fair bit less than CJ, but will still be expensive. Very likely a target of both Boston and NYY, too. May be the CJ/CC Derby consolation prize.

Hasashi Iwakuma No word lately on where he's headed, but Texas could put their hat in the ring. There is no posting fee this year since the posting fee was paid last year by the A's. And as I recall they were interested then.

Mark Buehrle Word is he wants to go to St. Louis, but he Poujols leaves who knows. Again, there may be competition from the Yankees or BoSoxs. But at his age, you might get a lesser pitcher than CJ, but still a good one. 3 years $33 million? 4 years at $40?

Yu Darvish No word on whether he leaves Japan this year or not, last I heard, but I hear the Rangers are interested if the price doesn't to too high, but I suspect it will. Frankly, it's the perfect year for him to come with both Boston and the Yankees in desperate need of pitching. But no telling how big the posting fee will be on this guy. Probably will top the $19M on Iwakuma from last year. That might scare off Texas.

Roy Oswalt
Philadelphia has an option, but he's starting to show wear and tear. But if he goes, he's a Yankee/BoSox target. Lots of folks say Philly won't pickup the option. I'm not sure. I think that they might.

Edwin Jackson Looks like a real possibility to me. Decent middle of the rotation guy. Eats innings. Versatile. Generally healthy. Adds a right handed starter. Relatively cheap. 3 years at $40 or 4 at $50? Along with Buehrle (or perhaps the two Japanese pitchers Iwakuma and/or Darvish if he comes)would be my number one target for a starter. Probably the most likely guy to be pursued here outside of Poujols and Wood.

CC Sabathia Weight and age are an issue, but either the Rangers, BoSox or the Rangers should gladly plunk down $140 for five years. Is it a gamble? Yes. Do we really have any better choices? Not really.

Poujols/Fielder Hard to know if Texas will really come across with the necessary money for Poujols. I'm not sure that I see them spending the amount that I think it will take. But you never know. I think he could get $240 or 250 for eight or nine years.

Fielder will brings probably 60 - 75% of that. He's a poorer fielder and a slow runner. And though he has yet to be injury prone, he's like his father. A real big body that could begin breaking down. I'd guess Fielder gets 6 years at $150.

At those prices, I'd pay the extra and get Poujols.

Jonathon Papelbon Huge long shot here. But if the Rangers loose CJ and are convinced that Feliz can be a starter, I suppose it's possible. But the price will be high. And they don't seem the sort of team to pay for a aging closer in free agency. And frankly, I don't know if they're sure that Feliz can be a starter. But if Papelbon could be had at a reasonable price, it give Nefi a full season to work out the kinks of starting. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 3 years at $35 - 40M or 4 years at $50M. And I just don't see paying that much for a closer when we've already got one.

What say the assembled multitudes?
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:45 PM   #18
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Ever since the Padres passed up signing Kevin Brown I have been against signing Free Agent pitchers to long term agreements. Too many things can go wrong and your franchise is crippled in its ability to sign others in the future unless you are the Yankees or Red Sox. While I am sure the Rangers may make a token effort to resign CJ it will have to be a huge hometown deal to get it done. CJ has shown now he is not a playoff pitcher. Tomorrow night could cost him some serious money or make him a bundle.

Take that money, build through the farm system and lock up the existing team. I think Pujols might be the only big name they should go after this year. Perhaps he has decided he likes to hit here in Texas.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:07 PM   #19
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

I liked what I saw of Jackson tonight. If he's affordable, he could be a decent piece of the rotation.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #20
uncle buck 50
Premium Access

Encounters: 30

Jackson's performance almost got lost because of Holland's dominance. Think about it....the boys got very little off him, and he really shut down Young, Beltre, and Cruz.

Which....makes me kinda worried that Beltre's knee is still fecked. He didn't look good.
uncle buck 50 is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #21
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Anyone know where Brandon Webb stands in his rehab? He could be a great #5 starter next year along with Holland, Feldman, Lewis, Ogando, Harrison. Considering the experience gained I am not nearly as worried going in to the spring for the starting rotation. Factor in Feliz and you have 3 guys competing for the final rotation spot.

I think one of the big reasons they got Adams and the Japanese guy from Baltimore is they are locked up for 2012. For the first time in a while the Rangers may not have to worry about pitching in the offseason.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #22
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Webb signed a one year contract. So there should be some competition to sign him if he's back healthy. The Rangers also showed some interest in Scott Kazmir at mid-season. He stayed out of baseball this year, but is likely to try to make a comeback next year. Same sort of low risk, high reward signing.

All that being said, and knowing that Feldman should be a strong candidate for the rotation, I'd feel a lot more comfortable with one more front of the rotation guy signed to replace Wilson, assuming that the Rangers won't pony up the necessary money to keep him. Of course Perez from AAA may be that guy, too. But I hate to count on a rookie for the front of the rotation rather than for the back of the rotation.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #23
Par_Shooter
Gaining Momentum

Webb is questionable for all of 2012, "they're" saying he probably won't be ready until spring of 2013. Even if he get's healthy, he has to be considered a longshot to get back to his Cy Young days.

And given the overall offensive output at the Temple, it ranks amongst the top year after year, and the TX summers, it's going to be real tough to sign a true ace. We can hope that someone who doesn't have a ring yet is convinced this team is his best shot. Or have faith JD and Nolan will work their magic.
Par_Shooter is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #24
uncle buck 50
Premium Access

Encounters: 30

i think Webb had another surgery...probably a good bet he's done.
uncle buck 50 is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #25
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

big win tonight, one to go
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:16 PM   #26
TexasT
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Apparently, a strong hallucinogen was slipped in my drink this evening. It must have really kicked in around the ninth inning of the Rangers game. I remember trembling with intense anxiety for a while (sort of the same time Feliz was pitching), and then hearing a voice say the Rangers were only one game away from winning the World Series.

Obviously it was a very potent dose, since everyone knows that scenario is one of the signs of the apocalypse, right up there with Michelle Bachmann being found in bed with Barack Obama. I only pray I can sleep it off.......
TexasT is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:39 AM   #27
safire_sweet
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1092
My ECCIE Reviews

only one more to go, lets go rangers!
safire_sweet is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:14 PM   #28
Wu
Registered Member

Encounters: 1

m
Wu is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:19 AM   #29
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

CJ Wilson's market price just went up!!!

Boston's John Lackey will have Tommy John surgery and will miss all of next season.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/26/sp...l?ref=baseball

Ca-Ching!!! Ca-Ching!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 10:31 PM   #30
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
CJ Wilson's market price just went up!!!

Boston's John Lackey will have Tommy John surgery and will miss all of next season.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/26/sp...l?ref=baseball

Ca-Ching!!! Ca-Ching!!!
and how wins does he have?

and when do you sleep/work
2:15pm
8:04pm
3:04 am
7.40 pm
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women