Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60377
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41550
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35924
Mojojo33117

Old 05-18-2015, 08:07 PM   #16
stikiwikit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56

Just as it is safest to fly right after a plane crash.

I used to feel that way too, but the probability of a plane crash is the same for every flight. There is a term for that, gamblers fallacy.

( sorry if I come across as a smart ass)
stikiwikit is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:39 PM   #17
tron
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Wow... this is the biggest biker fight I have heard about since the Hells Angels and the Vagos got into it at a Starbucks in Santa Cruz - over who was allowed to hang out there. That actually happened in 2010 and was worse than the location would imply.

At the Starbucks incident, ball peen hammers were the weapon of choice for some. I wonder if those were in use in Waco too.
tron is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:56 PM   #18
Little Monster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 109

The ROT Rally is next month, wonder if they're gonna bring in extra LE. Won't be a good weekend to go out if they do.
Little Monster is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:07 AM   #19
David.Douchehurst
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Hey, mebbe if'n ol' sixxxxxxxx throws anutha one o' his eccie soiree's fer tha ROT rally at tha Twin Peaks on tha South side we kin make it a biker-themed partay. Ah gots an ol' Lance Armstrong uni-freeballin' sweater vest Ah kin throw on! Let's git 'r dun!
David.Douchehurst is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:32 AM   #20
glade55
BANNED

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Monster View Post
The ROT Rally is next month, wonder if they're gonna bring in extra LE. Won't be a good weekend to go out if they do.
heh ! i'll be there !
glade55 is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:28 AM   #21
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

yep....that kinda shit puts bad light on the good bikers!
DallasRain is online now   Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:02 PM   #22
illuminati
BANNED

Encounters: 37

I'm not shedding a tear for a bunch testosterone-filled mongrels trying to figure out 'quien es mas macho!' A ban against open carry didn't prevent this and I'm not sure if open carry would have made a difference unless a civilian pulled a gun out in self-defense, leaving a cop to wonder who is bad and who is not. There will be a significant LE presence during ROT rally, including local, state and feds, so enjoy yourself while watching your back!
illuminati is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:56 PM   #23
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

All the loonies seem to gravitate to Waco....
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:57 PM   #24
Chincho
BANNED

I don't mind people shooting and killing each other as long as both fighters had guns so to make it fair.

Now being violent about killing people is wrong you want them dead fine by me but kill them quick no senseless beating and torture stuff, cause that just means you have anger issues.
Chincho is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:45 AM   #25
tron
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_nami View Post
what if open carry was the law, how would this be different?
It's hard to predict what the difference would have been. Twin Peaks would have refused to let anyone openly carrying enter. The fight might have been entirely in the parking lot instead of starting inside.

It's possible that more would be dead, since the ones carrying visibly might have been immediate targets and the fight start as a gunfight initially. Why punch someone who is clearly packing instead of just shooting them?

It's also possible that fewer would be dead - all sides might see that it would escalate to a shootout and just stare each other down. This doesn't seem very likely, though.

Personally, I think open carry is a bad idea. It's too likely for Crazy Guy 1 to shoot some people, then Samaritan 1 shoots Bad Guy 1. Samaritan 2 only sees Samaritan 1 shoot, so he shoots Samaritan 1. Or the Police shoot multiple Samaritans.

CCW permits are better. At least there is some level of scrutiny before a permit is issued - even if it is minimal.
tron is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:33 AM   #26
onei
Account Disabled

Encounters: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by GneissGuy View Post
Considering that it's a bar, they were all carrying illegally anyway if they took the guns inside. I know the battle was in the parking lot.

I wonder how many of them were carrying legally even without the bar aspect. One might suspect that some of the shooters were already felons and not legal to possess guns. I think knives were mentioned as well. I wonder how many of the knives were illegal as well.
I have a question: I've never been to Twin Peaks but they are billed as a restaurant. State CCW law reads that it is okay to carry into a restaurant/bar so long as 51% of said restaurant/bar's revenu comes from the restaurant vs the bar. Example:Chili's is also a bar, but most of their revenue comes from food not alcohol, thus it is legal to carry. So the question:Is Twin Peaks a bar that serves food, making over 51% of their revenue from alcohol or a restaurant that serves alcohol, making over 51% of their revenue from selling food?
onei is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:18 AM   #27
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by onei View Post
I have a question: I've never been to Twin Peaks but they are billed as a restaurant. State CCW law reads that it is okay to carry into a restaurant/bar so long as 51% of said restaurant/bar's revenu comes from the restaurant vs the bar. Example:Chili's is also a bar, but most of their revenue comes from food not alcohol, thus it is legal to carry. So the question:Is Twin Peaks a bar that serves food, making over 51% of their revenue from alcohol or a restaurant that serves alcohol, making over 51% of their revenue from selling food?
I have no reason to doubt you, but that is a stupid law. So if I up the price of the ham sandwich so I go from 50% food income to 51%, that makes a difference on whether guns are legal inside?

Do the establishments post what % of revenue is bar based so patrons know if they are committing a crime?

Dumb. Allow the guns or don't but this kind of qualifier makes no sense.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:49 AM   #28
David.Douchehurst
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post

Do the establishments post what % of revenue is bar based so patrons know if they are committing a crime?
Yep. They kinda sorta shore do. They put a sign laik this up by tha entrance. Now, sum places may be lyin' an' jus' sayin' thar more of a bar then a resty-raunt jus' ta ban guns on thar property. But thet's on them.
Attached Images
File Type: png 51Sign.png (112.2 KB, 101 views)
David.Douchehurst is offline   Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:08 PM   #29
universalenergy
Account Disabled

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRain View Post
yep....that kinda shit puts bad light on the good bikers!
I agree the 1% make the 99% look bad. The 1% are all a POS and get what they deserve .
universalenergy is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:18 AM   #30
The Allnighter
Premium Access

Encounters: 39
Default You gotta laugh...

Read the coverage of the Waco shoot-out in the Austin American Statesman today, and it had me laughing out loud.

According to the A-AS, the shooting started out in the parking lot, and within moments, the rough, tough biker boys were running inside Twin Peaks and hiding in the men's room.

"...and when the men's room got too full for any other bikers to get inside..."

I can understand wanting to get out of the line of fire...but running into the men's room to hide??

...particularly when there were all those busty waitresses running around? C'mon...everyone knows that 6 inches of silicone will stop a bullet!
The Allnighter is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women