Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60546
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48519
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42045
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 01-10-2013, 06:49 AM   #16
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
A court injunction contravening an executive order has the same immediacy as an executive order.
Has they been done effectively? Who would have to bring that up?
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #17
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
What, or who, is going to stop him. Certainly not the 2d Amendment, and certainly not Congress, or at least the Upper House.
Congress has the power to overturn an EO.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #18
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
The checks and balances are supposed to work. If the President does something that is contrary to the Constitution, (2d Amendment), the only recourse that Congress has is to bring articles of impeachment.
But, since the Senate is far to interested in sucking the Presidents dick, that will never happen, or at the very least it will be an exercise in futillity.
The Supreme Court can wait untill a challenge case finally makes it to their venue, but that could take years.
So, Like I said before, who, or what, will stop him. His word will become Law, and that will give the Police the right to be knocking on your door.
Sooner or later the President will get around to something that the Left considers sacred. I suspect it will be something concerning the first Amendment, you know, the one that gives you the Right to write pretty much what you want to and shoot your mouth off without impunity.

I hope Timpage is right, and it's Biden just "being Biden".
The checks and balances don't work because almost no one honors their oath of office. The president and everyone in Congress has sworn to "support and defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic."

If our leaders won't honor their oaths of office, the Constitution is just a piece of paper.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #19
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
True, but with the following caveat:

Congress has that power -- but I think it's important to note that the process is not as simple as one might think.

Congress cannot simply override an executive order with a simple majority vote. It must pass a bill canceling or modifying it as it so wishes. Then, obviously, the president would be expected to quickly veto the bill.

So a congressional attempt to nullify an executive order would be successful only if congress were able to muster enough votes to override the veto. That's generally a pretty tall order.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #20
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

That article didn't indicate anybody was coming after your guns.

Why do firearm regulations cause you to shit yourselves? We've had them all along.

this mentioned a education and mental health services as well.

The fact they're looking at it with the intent of making us safe is certainly not reason for you dipshits to hunker down, locked and loaded.

I think I like the birther threads better than these...
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #21
fetishfreak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
That article didn't indicate anybody was coming after your guns.

Why do firearm regulations cause you to shit yourselves? We've had them all along.

this mentioned a education and mental health services as well.

The fact they're looking at it with the intent of making us safe is certainly not reason for you dipshits to hunker down, locked and loaded.

I think I like the birther threads better than these...
I do not have a problem with the Federal Government taking action to make us safe. As long as that action is consistent with what is REQUIRED. Where I draw the line is when they take action under the premise to "make us safe" when a legitimate argument can be made that other ideas may be better.

You like the birther threads better for your own reasons. I can only guess why. If asked to guess I would say because those are conspiratorial in nature and therefore are easier to argue and/or dismiss as false. Or you may have another reason.

In the gun control debate both sides of the issue have some valid points. Many will not acknowledge the validity of their opponents arguments choosing instead to paint them with broad strokes as though they are nuts.

This like many other divisive issues in today's political arena are not debated but rather turned into a war of soundbites that lack substance.
fetishfreak is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #22
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Has they been done effectively? Who would have to bring that up?
Yes. Here's an example where an injunction superseded an executive order until the Supreme Court could rule. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/24/he...anted=all&_r=0
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #23
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetishfreak View Post
I do not have a problem with the Federal Government taking action to make us safe. As long as that action is consistent with what is REQUIRED. Where I draw the line is when they take action under the premise to "make us safe" when a legitimate argument can be made that other ideas may be better.

You like the birther threads better for your own reasons. I can only guess why. If asked to guess I would say because those are conspiratorial in nature and therefore are easier to argue and/or dismiss as false. Or you may have another reason.

In the gun control debate both sides of the issue have some valid points. Many will not acknowledge the validity of their opponents arguments choosing instead to paint them with broad strokes as though they are nuts.

This like many other divisive issues in today's political arena are not debated but rather turned into a war of soundbites that lack substance.
Well said. I wish this was one of those debates. Unfortunately, we've got guys advocating gun violence, arming children, making schools into arsenals and taking their guns to march on Washington.

What would YOU call them?
Old 01-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #24
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
But not the balls
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #25
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
But not the balls
The Republicans in the House would have the balls to try. But unfortunately, they would not have the votes, with 2/3's majority needed in both the House and Senate.
NiceGuy53 is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #26
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Some would have the balls. Unfortunately the biggest obstacle the GOP faces right now is its own lack of unity.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #27
ftime
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Just to brief points. Bush issued 160 EOs in his first term and Obama 139. http://factcheck.org/2012/09/obamas-executive-orders/

Just a question (I own one 9mm pistol for self protection in my home) - why do we need armor piercing ammunition, or automatic weapons or large clips for self protection? Saw an interview with McChrystal where he opined that those things are intended for use by the military, not for civilians. A reminder - when the second amendment was written people had muskets. I think it's a stretch of the constitution to infer that covers anything by anyone.
ftime is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #28
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

The 2nd Amendment was not enacted so a person could hunt, or even protect themselves from intruders. It was enacted so individuals could defend themselves against enemies of the Constitution, foreign and domestic. It was designed to slow or stop the onslaught of tyranny.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:56 PM   #29
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
If our leaders won't honor their oaths of office, the Constitution is just a piece of paper.
Imagine that, they don't all worship and follow YOUR interpretation of the Constitution so they must be dishonorable. BTW, the Constitution IS just a piece of parchment, not paper.
LordBeaverbrook is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:01 AM   #30
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

The Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land. See Article 6. The fact that 200 years of slick lawyering and incompetent justices have distorted its meaning, it is easy to read and understand, if you would just take a look at it.

Read it, Faustxjr. You might learn something.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women