Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70709
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48441
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41544
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35921
Mojojo33117

Old 03-09-2018, 05:35 AM   #16
USAsoldier
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

On 97.5 ESPN they're always talking about a legal poker place in Spring TX. Any info on that one? I forget the name.
USAsoldier is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:49 AM   #17
Pokerface1981
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Post Oak Poker Club would be my pick. Less trash, more action.
Then you got Lions Poker Club, Mint Poker and Action Poker Club.
Pokerface1981 is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:28 AM   #18
shinepro
BANNED

Encounters: 15

If da ain't selling puntang, licka and crackling Shine ain't interested! Shine lubs his pok skins, hendo and punany!
shinepro is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:56 PM   #19
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Post Oak Poker Club has now been granted a private club game license by Harris County. This is a big deal because it pretty much legitimizes the poker room.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:03 PM   #20
theicheat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

Any place that have good tournaments
theicheat is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:23 PM   #21
BigLouie
Valued Poster

All of them. Funniest story i heard was how Prime had a 10,000 guaranteed tournament and only 10 people showed up. Heard they chopped
Old 03-24-2018, 05:22 PM   #22
Cruz4ass
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 12

Well ive played at all the "Legal Poker Rooms" here in houston.
The Mint was the 1st to open in Houston (Clear Lake) off Nasa 1. Had tournaments but now only cash great action all day 4 to 10 daily. Only place that has limit games.
Post Oak Poker 2nd room to open. Agree on previous comments as far as play and staff. As far as being more legal they got a 8 liner room permit. Which they'll probably will get closed diwn as that permit only allows them to open fro. 10 am to 10pm. Read the city of houston ordinance.
Lions Poker parking sucks cars have been broken into. Agree that they have better dealers and staff. But look out for bigger games and the people that win. I stay away myself even from there tournaments seem like a hand full of people always win.not because of skill.
The Legion Poker (N. Houston legend 12+ years) had a great opening night and 1 other tournament. But to many owners, just couldnt get it going. Went back UG. Heard that might reopen under new name and fewer owners. Will way and see. Still play at UG location.
Two new places that I've haven't checked out yet.
Grinders Cypress area and one out I10 Katy area.
2 rooms in San Antonio
SA Card Room.
Strong daily tournaments.
Friendly staff no food can order from nearby restaurants your dime. Only soda foundation, coffee water free. Candy and chips cheap. 2 - 4 tables daily. NL, Congress (5 card Omaha H/L and Big O (5 card Omaha). They have bad beat JP of both tournaments and cash games.
Alamo Card Room
I think they have moved into a bigger location by now. They had decent tournaments and 3-5 cash games daily. N/L, Omaha H/L. Vending machines no food.

I find the hourly fee is such a hassle that I still prefer UG rooms because FREE drinks, snacks and they feed me. So if any of they go to the Legion Poker model that they were tying to do door fee $10 + flat $40 rate for the day ($50 promo) with it going up to I think like (60-80 total) that I would play there. Includes FREE sodas, coffe, water, snacks and a Food/Meal(s).
So I play the UG rooms and online at 64SPADES.COM
If anyone join 64 please use ECCIE as referral then pm me after you make your 1st deposit for a bonus.
Cruz4ass is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 06:25 PM   #23
telephoneman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

There is a new poker place on Westheimer near the Galleria. I don't know the name.
telephoneman is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:54 AM   #24
BigLouie
Valued Poster

There are two King's and Prime Social
Old 04-01-2018, 10:59 AM   #25
BigLouie
Valued Poster

After playing for a while in all the rooms here are some observations of the extremely poor play I have seen.

1. Position - Most ignore position. They call raises or raise from the first three positions with less than premium hands and basically just bleed off chips. Common play is a $6.00 straddle from under the gun, number of callers and then a raise of $30 to try to steal. Gets calls, flop comes they check fold. Just bleeding off chips.
2. Plays way too many hands - some players play almost every hand. Just bleed off chips with call folds.
3. Can't beat the board - almost everyone ignores a paired board. They may have an over pair or an under pair and the board is paired and they are shoving chips and getting called. What the hell do they expect the other person to have. On one hand for me the Villain is in middle position and raises. I am on the button and calls with a pair of 10s. Flop is 10-small-small. Villain bets $60 I decide to just call. The turn is another 10 giving me quads and the Villain bets $120 and I decide to just call and shove on the river. At this point what the hell is he thinking. On the river it is a blank and the Villain looks over at my stack and dismissively tosses in enough chips to put me all in. Really? Are you that stupid? I call and show the quads. Real players would have bet small when the board paired and checked the river and then fold to any bet. They do this all the time and of course lose lots.

What has been everyone else's experience.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:45 AM   #26
Bourne
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Which one out of all of these would be good for an online player wanting to transition into real life games? I mostly play tournaments.
Bourne is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:58 PM   #27
stickitinyou
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Which one out of all of these would be good for an online player wanting to transition into real life games? I mostly play tournaments.
Post Oak runs multiple 1/3 NLH games all day. They now open at noon and run until 4am. The games are generally soft overall. It should be an easy transition for you.
stickitinyou is offline   Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 08:07 PM   #28
rdodger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Aren't they all still waiting for Paxton to issue am AG opinion on whether the legislative clause they're operating under is valid?
rdodger is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women