Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41457
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 01-27-2016, 10:48 AM   #16
BLM69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59

10 wins against the Lakers? LOL every team out beats down on the Lakers, They will be a better team once Kobe leaves and they get a couple of free agents.

The mavs did play ok last night but the real test is tonight against golden state, I hope it's not a 30 + points shut out.
BLM69 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:05 PM   #17
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglatinmale View Post
............. I hope it's not a 30 + points shut out.
A "shut out"...? In the NBA...?

Now that would be news, wouldn't it?
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:48 PM   #18
BLM69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau Becot View Post
A "shut out"...? In the NBA...?

Now that would be news, wouldn't it?
You know what I meant, I was driving on my cell phone, thanks for the mavs stats you posted earlier, maybe it will scare the warriors tonight.
BLM69 is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:51 AM   #19
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Mavs picked up 2 W's at home this past week (vs Nets and Suns). Neither victory was anything to write home about....just put 'em in the left hand column and move on.

Dallas completes the most rigorous part of their schedule (19 games in 32 days) in ATL tonight. Tonight's game begins a lighter schedule for the month of February, 10 games (7 home, 3 road); getting 10 days of R&R off in the middle of the month for All Star activities.

At 28-22, the Mavs have 32 remaining games per the regular schedule.....of which 18 will be played at home. Those games at AT&T are critical considering where they currently are in the standings.

(FYI-they would need to go 22-10 down the stretch to match last season's 50-32 record. IMO, unlikely, considering the competition (even at 16 teams with winning records; 16 with losing records.)

In the process, the Mavs also need to find a way to get off the 6th spot before the playoffs kick in. Golden State and San Antonio are very solid at the 1 and 2 seeds.......and it's not likely OK City will get off that 3rd spot.......and that would be the Mavs first-round opponent IF they do not move past Memphis, currently at 5. Clippers will prolly secure the 4th spot, where they currently sit.

As noted before, Dallas has zero answers defensively for Westbrooks and Durant......and they're not going to outscore this pair over a five game series unless they get obscenely hot....again, unlikely.

Time to make hay while the sun shines: After tonight, the Mavs will play 12 games in 15 at HOME. They can really help their cause for a better seeding with some home cooking by going 10-5. Anything better than that would be gravy.

Good Luck, Mavs!
Old 02-10-2016, 09:20 AM   #20
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
(FYI-they would need to go 22-10 down the stretch to match last season's 50-32 record. IMO, unlikely, considering the competition (even at 16 teams with winning records; 16 with losing records.)

The competition is beginning to find cracks in the Mavs line up.....case in point:

Attended last night's game (vs Utah) and Mavs came up short in OT on a last second shot by the Jazz. Five minutes (game clock) prior to that, the Jazz hit a desperation 3-pointer (incredible shot) to tie the game. My take:

Carlisle should have fouled them (prior to that tying basket) and put the Jazz on the line (for two free throws only) rather than give them that last gasp chance. This unwritten rule of not employing that strategy in the NBA (you see it all the time in the collegiate ranks) is bogus....

Update: Mavs are 4-6 (last 10) and going the wrong way in the standings. They are officially closer to 9th place and being out of the playoffs than moving up to 5th place.

Watch the Jazz.....they're gonna move past Dallas for 6th place before its all over.

And watch Dallas....they might actually play themselves completely out of the playoffs by the end of the season. They're an entertaining team, sure....but nothing special. Special teams don't blow 15-point leads at home, period.

Another one and done season.....
Old 02-25-2016, 08:16 AM   #21
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Another one and done season.....

Went to last night's Mavs-Thunder game and....SMFH....another loss to a top-level team.....heard on the radio coming home that the Mavs are now 1-13 vs the cream of the crop of the NBA (ie: San Antonio....OKC...GS...Cleve... Clippers....the list goes on.)

Wasted a great 30+ performance by aging superstar, Dirk.....SMFH..... (for the record, Chandler Parsons looked like dog sh*t out there last night.....and Wesley Matthews continues to give the team absolutely nadda night in, night out. That free agent signing looks like a total waste so far.)

Mavs have now slipped to 7th in the West (red-hot Portland moved past them)......Dallas sits a game and a half out of falling totally out of the playoffs. If they hold onto the 7th spot....first up (playoffs): a sweep at the hands of the Spurs in all likelihood.

And that's good! It's time Cuban and Donnie look at the sorry way they've been building the roster since the championship season. They have shown zero interest in scouting the collegiate ranks and the NBA draft. Other teams continue to find talent mid-to-late in the first and throughout the second round (but) not Dallas. Building thru free agency has been futile. It's time to let this thing crash again (ie: early 90's) and rebuild with young legs....
Old 02-25-2016, 06:22 PM   #22
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Not sure that I agree much with you on the draft. Now, we've not been terribly successful in the NBA draft, but very few teams who pick as low as we have are very successful, either. San Antonio is the only team that I can think of that consistently picks up role players at the bottom of the draft. And if you look at their picks the past few years, they haven't been terribly consistent either. (Quick, how many Spurs draft picks have averaged double figures in scoring since 2004? Answer: One -- Corey Joseph in 2008. Mavs had one -- Josh Howard).

Go back an look at individual drafts. See who was selected after the Mavs picks. You'll usually find one, maybe two players (almost always not taken immediately after the Mavs pick) who turn into something. So other teams were also passing on those guys, just like the Mavs hit a bit of a good player in Josh Howard and Jae Crowder in 2012). Bottom line is that there are only about an average of two to four good players in every NBA draft and maybe six or eight role players. And that's it. And most are gone by the time the 23 - 28th draft pick rolls around.

Trading away draft picks for Jason Kidd, Lamar Odom, and Rajon Rondo also hurts our draft record. The Kidd trade payed clear dividends and was probably worth the price. The other two were busts, but lets remember that both had their defenders at the time and weren't universally judged as horrible trades. The Odom pick went eventually via LAL and Houston to the Thunder who took Mitch McGary. He's tearing it up this year averaging 1.2 points, 0.5 rebounds in 3.7 mpg with 17 games played. He'll, I'd take Odom straight out of the Las Vegas hospital instead of that. (And other than Rodney Hood, not much of anybody of any count taken behind him, either. And Hood isn't exactly a superstar, though he's a pleasant surprise and if he continues his improvement he can develop into a contributor on a good team.)
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:44 AM   #23
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Mavs have hit "The Wall" of this current NBA season....dropping consecutive games to sub-.500 teams (Sacramento, Denver) and then getting pummeled (at home) by the Clippers last night.

In all three games, it was painfully obvious as to how much more athletic other teams are than the Mavs. Dallas, the 3rd oldest team in the NBA, cannot run, cannot jump, cannot rebound.....their legs are clearly failing them, especially in the 4th quarter.

You know you're in trouble when the leading scorer of your team is (still, after 18 seasons) is a 37-year old veteran (Dirk). This simply cannot be. At this stage of his career he should be no better than your third option......

Maybe the Mavs will go on a run that finds them completely out of the playoffs and vying for a 1% chance (in the lottery) of getting one of the top three picks in the draft. If not.....that pick, Mavs fans, goes to the Boston Celtics. Thanks to that brilliant Rondo trade.

That trade alone should get Cuban's Shark tank show cancelled. How can you hand out business advice to others when you make stoopid moves like that???
Old 03-14-2016, 08:22 AM   #24
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Five consecutive losses....Mavs sit at .500 (33-33) and in 8th place (2 games ahead of 9th place, Utah). This mess is going absolutely No Where.....

Looking at the upcoming schedule (at Charlotte tonight) the Mavs could (if they lose this one) hit double-digit losses (ie: Cleve....GS and Port, twice each, at Sac, at Den....)

The patchwork Mavs need an overhaul going forward.....Cuban & Donnie are wasting aging superstar Dirk's efforts (he hit 30 points again the other night in another loss). Carlisle has to be exhausted taking the bullet for these inexplicable losses (when it's really the roster...the lack of talent....not him).

It's a shame. Cuban blew it up 5 years ago right after the championship (never giving the team nor the fans an opportunity to defend their crown). Cuban made a bad call letting Steve Nash go....not allowing Donnie to draft the Greek Freak.....and thinking / hoping free agents (ie: Howard, Chris Paul, Jordan, etc) would ever come to Dallas.
Old 03-14-2016, 03:51 PM   #25
Generic White Guy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

It is going to be a rough week for the Mavs... This is not a good team...
Generic White Guy is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:54 PM   #26
Azzbakwerdz
Gaining Momentum

Once again Nash walked....everyone seems to forget that, he CHOSE to leave.
This team is done and will be lucky to make playoffs, Cubans sorry ass will haul in some more vet spares to win 40 again so suckers will fill up the arena, same shit for five years y'all!
Ain't nothing gonna change....
Azzbakwerdz is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:08 PM   #27
Hidaka
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

MAVS WIN!
MAVS WIN!
MAVS WIN!

oh yeah,

about fuckin' time!

I am a total Mavs homer by the way.

I want to see the Mavs put it on Pretty Boy Parson's shoulders for a make or break.
Keeping Dirk on the floor that much is keeping the focus on the super start and holding back Parson's progress. I am backing Parson all the way.
Just like when Finley took a side step to let Nash and Nowitzki come up, its Dirk's turn to step back from the focus.
Hidaka is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:27 AM   #28
Azzbakwerdz
Gaining Momentum

Yep, was a good game, but, Dirk had to do heavy lifting once again. I like Parsons, he's a good player, just inconsistent at inopportune times for me. Hope he sticks around for a while for sure tho, I think he could def be an all star type player if he is able to develop a better shot, its just too flat at times. He does go to the bucket tho which is what I love about his game.
Carlisle has got to develop young players, has to, drives me crazy. I honestly love the Mavs but they frustrate me to no end lol.
I'm afraid if they make the playoffs they are one and done, guys just don't defend like they should, they are capable for sure, last might proves it. Was a good defensive game for the lil Mavs.
Azzbakwerdz is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:11 AM   #29
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzbakwerdz View Post
I'm afraid if they make the playoffs they are one and done, guys just don't defend like they should, they are capable for sure, last might proves it.
If they manage to hold onto the 8th spot, we might witness an all-time history making blanking at the hands of the Warriors. Might Golden State sweep them with a (cumulative) triple-digit point differential? Possible....stay tuned.

That said, I'd so much rather watch them play GS in the first round than Western Conference runner-up San Antonio. I can't stand the thought of the Spurs knocking our Mavs out "one more time".....we've been there, done that, turn the page. Let's at least watch something new and entertaining.....and the Warriors (Curry, Thompson, etc) will certainly provide that.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:41 AM   #30
Starboi08
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Quote:
If they manage to hold onto the 8th spot, we might witness an all-time history making blanking at the hands of the Warriors. Might Golden State sweep them with a (cumulative) triple-digit point differential? Possible....stay tuned.

That said, I'd so much rather watch them play GS in the first round than Western Conference runner-up San Antonio. I can't stand the thought of the Spurs knocking our Mavs out "one more time".....we've been there, done that, turn the page. Let's at least watch something new and entertaining.....and the Warriors (Curry, Thompson, etc) will certainly provide that.
Lol. I couldn't have said it better myself.
Starboi08 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women