Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162474
Yssup Rider60311
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41450
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35803
Mojojo33117

Old 06-15-2016, 08:04 AM   #16
DFWhobbyguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkeyKong View Post
Oh, is "that" what they do with "our" tax money? I was so mistaken, my apologies children and roads. I was unaware that the government used taxpayer dollars only for the purpose of critical and pertinent reasons. I was unaware the they in absolutely no way waste a single penny of our money in misappropriation, how could I have ever missed that?
Thats a lot of words you just put in my mouth. Didn't say even half that...

Your response seems like you have a problem with how they are spent, not that they are collected. But that's not what your original post was...just fuck taxes, this is ridiculous.

Of course the politicians are wasteful. Worse than that. Liars and crooks. I love America but fuck the govt. Now that I can get behind.
DFWhobbyguy is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:20 AM   #17
dbjp101
Valued Poster

Encounters: 62

Unless you own your company, the U.S. tax code will basically prevent you from being super wealthy.

I get pissed off too. After maxing out 401k, paying healthcare premiums, and being in the upper tier of the federal income tax rate bracket, literally over half my paycheck is gone. Then I still have to pay sales tax, property tax, capital gains tax on any investments I liquidate... It is maddening.
dbjp101 is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:39 AM   #18
samantha thom
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 45258
My ECCIE Reviews

The more money you make, the more tax you pay. If you pay a lot in taxes, that means you're in the money. Woohooo!!! :-)
Yes, I am tired of taxes. We get taxed on everything. Taxes on income, inheritance, cell phone, purchases, we die and we get taxed! Ugh
samantha thom is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:19 AM   #19
Super Sonic
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

With the way home values are skyrocketing around the metroplex, I think quite a few of us are in for a shock on our next personal property tax bill. I didn't know it was so out of hand until I decided to look around to upgrade, and not only are the prices flying north, there is nothing available and you can't even hope to buy a home around here unless you are prepared to go 15K over the asking price. Someone tell all those people to stop moving here. We are full up!
Super Sonic is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:32 AM   #20
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee Man View Post
The bottom quarter in this country pay no income tax
bottom HALF pays no Federal income tax..

a consumption tax is more give away to the wealthy.. their large savings, retirement, and stock accounts would be tax free, the 1% would have a larger wealth disparity than ever.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:09 PM   #21
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sonic View Post
With the way home values are skyrocketing around the metroplex, I think quite a few of us are in for a shock on our next personal property tax bill.
Mine showed up in the mail a few weeks ago.....and YE$....the value$ and amount$ due are UP considerably. $hocking pretty much $um$ it up for me.....
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:34 PM   #22
bored@home
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

On the property tax piece... were you not able to protest? The jump started 2 years ago and yes its a pain but the savings is worth the 15 mins per property. Your argument doesn't have to be strong either just show up on time.
But yes, F taxes and F school bonds!
bored@home is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:42 PM   #23
DarkeyKong
Account Disabled

Encounters: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWhobbyguy View Post
Thats a lot of words you just put in my mouth. Didn't say even half that...

Your response seems like you have a problem with how they are spent, not that they are collected. But that's not what your original post was...just fuck taxes, this is ridiculous.

Of course the politicians are wasteful. Worse than that. Liars and crooks. I love America but fuck the govt. Now that I can get behind.
My friend, I absolutely agree, horrible title! It was just an emotional outburst, but I think we see eye to eye here
DarkeyKong is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:45 PM   #24
DarkeyKong
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sonic View Post
With the way home values are skyrocketing around the metroplex, I think quite a few of us are in for a shock on our next personal property tax bill. I didn't know it was so out of hand until I decided to look around to upgrade, and not only are the prices flying north, there is nothing available and you can't even hope to buy a home around here unless you are prepared to go 15K over the asking price. Someone tell all those people to stop moving here. We are full up!
This post just made my heart sink, that's one think I wasn't even considering yet. Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit!!!!
Old 06-15-2016, 01:48 PM   #25
Pistol Man
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 3

Before we all get too excited about a national sales or consumption tax consider this - how would those providers of services on this site collect and report the tax?

And unless the 16th amendment is repealed we would simply end up with both a sales and an income tax.

And no one has ever been able to tell me why a sales or consumption tax is constitutional and the income tax was not until said 16th amendment. Yes, I do realize that the constitution has been rendered obsolete by those in power but some of us still think it is important.

And finally, there are very powerful forces within and outside of government working to eliminate cash altogether and convince us that money is nothing more than a series of electronic entries at your bank. I don't see how it would ever work, but we all know those bastards can make Wednesdays out of Fridays with the stroke of a pen. And let's face it, except for hobbying and ammo why do we need cash anyway? This has nothing to do with taxation other than the government knowing how you spend every dime and sending you a bill for your tax instead of you telling the government the correct tax amount according to your records.

Speaking of tax - I have to get back to preparing the "rendering unto Caesar" for clients so enough of a rant here.
Pistol Man is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:06 PM   #26
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Mostly you're being unreasonable. The US has the lowest total tax burden of any major industrialized country. It is also lower the most smaller industrialized countries. Only Mexico, S. Korea, and Turkey have a lower total tax burden (and yes, that state, local, Federal, sales, income, etc. all of them).

And no, your income taxes aren't really higher.m Our marginal income rates are at historically low levels.

What has changed to some degree is the percent of the tax burden payed by the wealthy and very wealthy.. It has declined. Especially for the very wealthy. I'm currently engaged in some estate planning, but I can now pass the first $5 million on to my two kids tax free. That makes it a good bit easier to plan for the remainder.

If you travel to Europe a lot like I do, you can also see that we are paying the price for being a low tax country. Their roads and public infrastructure are demonstrably better than ours almost everywhere in Western Europe now. Meanwhile, our roads are falling apart. Our aurports are old and crowded. And our mass transportation is nearly non-existent or falling apart.

TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:13 PM   #27
howsilly
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Looking only at marginal tax rates is misleading. Our marginal rates are much lower now than in the 50's, but back in the 50's there were many many more deductions available. When we lowered our marginal rate, we also eliminated many of the common deduction ( for example, consumer interest). Comparing our current taxes rates to the rates of another era is like comparing an apple to an orange. I suspect the same is true when comparing one country to another. A fair comparison requires a deeper look.
howsilly is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:38 PM   #28
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by howsilly View Post
Looking only at marginal tax rates is misleading. Our marginal rates are much lower now than in the 50's, but back in the 50's there were many many more deductions available. When we lowered our marginal rate, we also eliminated many of the common deduction ( for example, consumer interest). Comparing our current taxes rates to the rates of another era is like comparing an apple to an orange. I suspect the same is true when comparing one country to another. A fair comparison requires a deeper look.
I agree with your post inso far as marginal rates don't tell the entire story. However, if you look at the OECD website you will see that this is total tax burden which is essentially effective total tax rate -- all taxes collected by all government entities/GDP. So I stand on my assertion that we are not just a low tax country, but a very low tax country.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:32 AM   #29
LustyBustyGina38FF
Bday 56yr young

User ID: 205713
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

be glad you all don't live in Cal... <<<<<
LustyBustyGina38FF is offline   Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:53 AM   #30
DarkeyKong
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LustyBustyGina38FF View Post
be glad you all don't live in Cal... <<<<<
Ironically, I acquired a small business in Cali, that kind of led to this thread, lol!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women