Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162474
Yssup Rider60311
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41450
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35803
Mojojo33117

Old 06-10-2016, 03:03 AM   #16
AmericanHardwood
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 29

There's always multiple angles to every story.
J Utah states shit got weird After telling her dad what he was up to.
Sounds to me like Dad may have something to do with cars refusal.
Kids with no car are fucking estsatic to get anything to drive. 4 or 2 door.
Shit even the Amish kid rejoiced at a buggy.
I say something is amiss with Dad and daughter graciously turned down car with out exposing Dads refusal to let her have it.
AmericanHardwood is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 03:34 AM   #17
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabletex7 View Post
I'm with the niece on this one.

She wasn't born selfish. She learned that from someone. There are unintended clues to who taught her from your post. You couldn't be bothered to find out what she wanted. You weren't close enough to her to know that if she didn't get exactly what she wanted she would reject it (this can't have been the first time this has happened). You didn't buy this for her. You did it for yourself. To be the cool uncle she would brag to her cute friends about. You were selfish.

The interesting thing is that your brother (or brother-in-law) didn't seen to know either; that she was very specific about the kind of car she wanted. Or maybe he did and thought it would be entertaining to sit back and watch what would happen.

Sure, she could have taken the car and sold it. But I admire the in your face rejection. She couldn't be bothered with a 10 year old car that, despite what you may have put into, was probably not worth more than a couple of thousand.
Why is what she "wanted" particularly relevant? You don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Unless you have the means to buy your own car, if somebody gives you a car, you're grateful and you drive it. Period. When I was 17, I wanted a Ferrari or a Jag E-Type 12 cyl. Well guess what, I got a hand-me-down comet green Ford Falcon.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:28 AM   #18
FunInDFW
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
You don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
So no one is allowed to say no to a gift these days? Regardless of why, anyone can always say no to someone giving them something.

The story in this thread is poor form and completely irrelevant, unless the intent here isn't to actually sell the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Why is what she "wanted" particularly relevant?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Utah View Post
My niece is graduating, headed to college, recently got a drivers license and a part time job to save for a car.
There is your answer. OP goofed. Had great intentions; but goofed. Girl seems staunch on what she wants and what she is working hard for. Can't blame her for that. Good luck selling the car OP, maybe if you want your good deed to go punished (??) next time you risk the surprise factor and make everyone happy.
FunInDFW is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:50 AM   #19
DarkeyKong
Account Disabled

Encounters: 56

Donate it to Texas CAN for a write-off. Those kids would love to have transportation.
DarkeyKong is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:11 AM   #20
Guest031919
Account Disabled

User ID: 99045
My ECCIE Reviews

I wouldn't take it personally. I remember being that age and EVERYTHING is embarrassing -- your parents, your neighborhood, what kind of phone you have. It all feels like the end of the world if it isn't exactly perfect.
Of course, if it were me..and I didn't like it..I would have accepted it and sold it and used the money as a down payment on something I wanted..but of course, that's the hooker in me:-)
You're a very nice uncle and a good person, don't let it discourage you:-) She's 18! 18 year olds aren't known for always making the best choices. Probably 5 years from now, when she grows up a little and realizes what it's like to spend her own hard earned money, you'll get an apology!
Guest031919 is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:10 PM   #21
Velvetangeltouch
Account Disabled

User ID: 340518
My ECCIE Reviews

Sounds about as bad as my nephews. Wow I'm terribly sorry.. Your doing right putting it up for sale. My nephew one year acted like such an ass but brother had spent so much money it really hurt and my brother gathered all his stuff and said I'm shipping it back you can't be more respectful and grateful or you can do without. I say kodos to him!! You don't bit the hand that feeds you. Back in like 1998 my first car was a 1972 chevelle man loved it it ran like.. Lmao.. It got me from point A to point B when I needed to be there by curfew for sure. Lmfao!!! The memories but to have a newer car and you did all that you freaking rock!! It's a shame she's not more greatful. I would had bought it at same time I was looking for a cash car but I'm a Chevy, Cadillac and gmc woman!! Well I've been in a little Toyota Rav 4 and it fun to drive and can sure get you to where you need to go so I'll have to possibly add to the list maybe..
Velvetangeltouch is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:50 PM   #22
Tony Gambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvetangeltouch View Post
Sounds about as bad as my nephews. Wow I'm terribly sorry.. Your doing right putting it up for sale. My nephew one year acted like such an ass but brother had spent so much money it really hurt and my brother gathered all his stuff and said I'm shipping it back you can't be more respectful and grateful or you can do without. I say kodos to him!! You don't bit the hand that feeds you. Back in like 1998 my first car was a 1972 chevelle man loved it it ran like.. Lmao.. It got me from point A to point B when I needed to be there by curfew for sure. Lmfao!!! The memories but to have a newer car and you did all that you freaking rock!! It's a shame she's not more greatful. I would had bought it at same time I was looking for a cash car but I'm a Chevy, Cadillac and gmc woman!! Well I've been in a little Toyota Rav 4 and it fun to drive and can sure get you to where you need to go so I'll have to possibly add to the list maybe..
you fit in a rav4? damn....
Tony Gambino is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:59 AM   #23
TheWanderer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Sigh...the Entitlement Generation....everything has been free for them in life so far.
They don't even know what their Iphone costs.
I would not donate the car. The tax code and the IRS screw you on that.
Sell it.

You know, you can sell a car down the road, kick in some bucks and get what you want and still be grateful to your thoughtful considerate uncle.
TheWanderer is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:24 AM   #24
deadbeatbastard
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I'm with you on this one. Even if she didn't like the car, it was free to her. No reason she couldn't drive it to her job for a few weeks, save up some cash, then trade it on on what she really wanted! Now, she's totally on her own having to come up with the down payment, etc.

2006 Jetta's with 100k + miles typically run about 5 - 7k, which means trade in is probably 2.5k to 4K. Not bad for free money.

Plus, you're right. Once day when she's about 25, she might not ever say anything to her uncle, but she'll definitely tell her friends about how her uncle bought her a car and she turned it down, and they'll tell her how dumb it was to turn it down, then she'll realize.

Oh well. . .

I'm sure our parents thought the same way about us. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie_May View Post
I wouldn't take it personally. I remember being that age and EVERYTHING is embarrassing -- your parents, your neighborhood, what kind of phone you have. It all feels like the end of the world if it isn't exactly perfect.
Of course, if it were me..and I didn't like it..I would have accepted it and sold it and used the money as a down payment on something I wanted..but of course, that's the hooker in me:-)
You're a very nice uncle and a good person, don't let it discourage you:-) She's 18! 18 year olds aren't known for always making the best choices. Probably 5 years from now, when she grows up a little and realizes what it's like to spend her own hard earned money, you'll get an apology!
deadbeatbastard is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women