Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60379
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41551
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35924
Mojojo33117

Old 02-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #16
midgetwrestler
Account Disabled

He was also great in charlie wilson's war
midgetwrestler is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:23 AM   #17
crashkopf
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

10,000 people world wide die daily from water deprivation poisoning, and nobody gives a shit about them. A celebrity junkie dies with a needle in his arm, in the bathroom, and everybody goes gaga.

I, for one, can not help but see the celebrity idolatry we as a culture are hypnotized too. Yes, I did like his acting, his movies, particularly Capote. Yes he was a talent in his craft. But I do not give a damn about someone who has everything the world craves for, and junks it up. He was smart enough to know the consequences. He was a full grown man. He HURT his family and his friends with his demons, which, yes, we all have ( me too, in spades ). I am with judgement, guilty as charged. I feel about as sad regarding this as I do with a Kardashian divorce.
crashkopf is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:39 AM   #18
Guest092216
Account Disabled

User ID: 144244
My ECCIE Reviews

Good point. I felt the same way about the Beiber petition (as in, this is a cause worthy enough of swift and sure attention yet more important issues go unnoticed?).

The power of media is tremendous since we are already predisposed to idolitry - natures and beasts and all that.

Edit: Starving children bum me out too. But the entertainment we use to escape our realities is priceless and PSH executed that ability consistently and exceptionally well imo. Its hard to succeed in that industry especially when you don't look like brad pitt. He was a master of his craft. The kardashians - not so much (their handlers are though).
Guest092216 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:47 AM   #19
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolongus View Post
Some of his other roles: the snitch in "Scent of a Woman" and the tornado chaser in "Twister".

Capote was almost too good; a slam dunk for Oscar but my favorite role was his nasty villain in "Mission Impossible III". Geez, ya just wanted to take a baseball bat to his head!

How odd......I watched both "Twister" and "MI3" (on TNT or AMC this past week)....seen 'em both a half-dozen times and just mindless background sound as I either cooked dinner or worked on taxes. Then caught "Moneyball" (first time) also last week and enjoyed his performance, as well. Never seen "Capote"....but sounds like a flick I should check out, right?

Anyway, I kinda get the "Who gives a sh*t" attitude some have stated per this thread when xyz celeb offs themselves thru drug, substance abuse.....but that's not my take at all. I always find it to be a crying shame someone of talent, fame, fortune still cannot find a place of happiness / contentment in their life and end up dabbling with things that can take you out long before your time is up.

RIP, PSH......
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #20
General Feuerbacher
Account Disabled

Encounters: 57

What crash posted +1
General Feuerbacher is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #21
Bestman200600
Valued Poster

Encounters: 94

He was a Hobbyiest preacher in Cold Mountain.
Bestman200600 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #22
daty/o
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkopf View Post
10,000 people world wide die daily from water deprivation poisoning, and nobody gives a shit about them. A celebrity junkie dies with a needle in his arm, in the bathroom, and everybody goes gaga.

I, for one, can not help but see the celebrity idolatry we as a culture are hypnotized too. Yes, I did like his acting, his movies, particularly Capote. Yes he was a talent in his craft. But I do not give a damn about someone who has everything the world craves for, and junks it up. He was smart enough to know the consequences. He was a full grown man. He HURT his family and his friends with his demons, which, yes, we all have ( me too, in spades ). I am with judgement, guilty as charged. I feel about as sad regarding this as I do with a Kardashian divorce.
True enough, it's difficult to feel sorry for people who have it all and throw it away, but mourning is not for the dead, it's for those that remain. For his family members, left to continue without him and for the multitudes that would have benefitted from a talent, as is so often the case, lost too soon.

"A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:

Shakespeare
daty/o is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #23
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkopf View Post

As long as they don't go Lady GaGa then it's cool.

Remind me not to have you speak at my funeral.
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #24
eccienewbie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Stories are trickling out now tha PSH was on the mother of all binges during the days leading up to his death. Reports indicate the cops found 49 bags (most of them empty) of heroin in his apartment.

It's also being reported that he and his long time partner (and the mother of his 3 children) had separated recently while PSH tried to get his act together (he relapsed last year after 20+ years of sobriety, and had spent a short stint in rehab late last year).

I know it's ridiculous to look for ethics in a drug dealer, but 49 bags in what appears to be just a few days? I hope and pray PSH had that 'fucker on speed dial and the cops can run him down. And, yeah, yeah, I know -- the dealer didn't make him put it in his arm. Not the point. Putting that much heroin in the hands of a recently relapsed addict is no better than handing a loaded gun to a person with suicidal tendencies and daring him or her to pull the trigger. Except the dealer makes money, and lots of it, off of these types of deadly transactions. It's different and even worse, in that respect.

As an aside, I understand that there are far more important things in this world than the death of this "actor." But those other, more worthy causes are not harmed in the least by celebrating the life of that actor and expressing concern for his loved ones (you might be surprised how many of us have "been there," btw, so you'll have to pardon our empathy), and those same causes are not furthered in the least by denigrating the significance of his passing. However, if you want a real tie between his death and those causes, keep in mind that he was very active in a number of charitable causes, including Feeding America and the American Red Cross. As such, this tragedy does in fact have an impact on and a nexis with those other causes in that they've lost a great benefactor. More is the pity. PSH did, in fact, "give a shit about them." ijs

Loved his oscar acceptance speech http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VcWRJHBUDM The pretty lady sitting next to him and beaming like the proudest person in the world at the 3:06 mark is his partner of 15 years, Mimi O'donnell. 2 of their kiddos are sitting next to their mom. What a wonderful night that must have been for them. Hope they can hang on to the good memories. I suspect there were a bunch of those (good memories, that is).
eccienewbie is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:32 PM   #25
SW Hunter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
A dead Beetle reference? Lennon became a sanctimonious pompous ass, there was little art lost. Don't believe me ... just listen to Yoko.
Who cares if he was pompous ass. He wrote some great songs and would have written much more PSH was a great actor but threw his life away t
For Herion, very sad
SW Hunter is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #26
~Ze~
Just a girl in the world.

User ID: 444
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccienewbie View Post
I know it's ridiculous to look for ethics in a drug dealer, but 49 bags in what appears to be just a few days?

Most junkies knows to have multiple sources....

He was never a favorite or mine, maybe because I never watched any of his "good" stuff. Capote is being downloaded now.

+1 Crash.
~Ze~ is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:41 PM   #27
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Speaking about Capote, has anyone else read or tried to read In Cold Blood.

I couldn't finish the damn thing, Capote made it so real it was like you were
reading about some of your own family being slaughtered.

Wus card showing.
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:35 PM   #28
thisguy23
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccienewbie View Post
Stories are trickling out now tha PSH was on the mother of all binges during the days leading up to his death. Reports indicate the cops found 49 bags (most of them empty) of heroin in his apartment.

It's also being reported that he and his long time partner (and the mother of his 3 children) had separated recently while PSH tried to get his act together (he relapsed last year after 20+ years of sobriety, and had spent a short stint in rehab late last year).

I know it's ridiculous to look for ethics in a drug dealer, but 49 bags in what appears to be just a few days? I hope and pray PSH had that 'fucker on speed dial and the cops can run him down. And, yeah, yeah, I know -- the dealer didn't make him put it in his arm. Not the point. Putting that much heroin in the hands of a recently relapsed addict is no better than handing a loaded gun to a person with suicidal tendencies and daring him or her to pull the trigger. Except the dealer makes money, and lots of it, off of these types of deadly transactions. It's different and even worse, in that respect.

As an aside, I understand that there are far more important things in this world than the death of this "actor." But those other, more worthy causes are not harmed in the least by celebrating the life of that actor and expressing concern for his loved ones (you might be surprised how many of us have "been there," btw, so you'll have to pardon our empathy), and those same causes are not furthered in the least by denigrating the significance of his passing. However, if you want a real tie between his death and those causes, keep in mind that he was very active in a number of charitable causes, including Feeding America and the American Red Cross. As such, this tragedy does in fact have an impact on and a nexis with those other causes in that they've lost a great benefactor. More is the pity. PSH did, in fact, "give a shit about them." ijs

Loved his oscar acceptance speech http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VcWRJHBUDM The pretty lady sitting next to him and beaming like the proudest person in the world at the 3:06 mark is his partner of 15 years, Mimi O'donnell. 2 of their kiddos are sitting next to their mom. What a wonderful night that must have been for them. Hope they can hang on to the good memories. I suspect there were a bunch of those (good memories, that is).

There are reports that there is video from a atm showing him making a buy from the dealers
thisguy23 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #29
eccienewbie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguy23 View Post
There are reports that there is video from a atm showing him making a buy from the dealers
Cool.

Let's wait and see if the buys were from multiple dealers as ~Ze~ suggests. But if large quantities were from one guy, I hope the dealer pays a big price for this. Chances are good we'll find out, 'cause he wasn't making the contact(s) through smoke signals. There's gonna be a record of it (I hope...not my thing, so there's a hefty degree of speculation in all this on my part...except for the death being a crying shame. That's fact).
eccienewbie is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #30
TSPURS123
Premium Access

Encounters: 126

Sandy Lyle!
TSPURS123 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women