Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > Coed Discussions
test
Coed Discussions Hobby-related discussions belong here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70752
biomed162901
Yssup Rider60560
gman4453256
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48528
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42082
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36436
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 12-27-2011, 01:21 AM   #16
FireSerpent
Account Disabled

Encounters: 29

I'll give a tertiary vote for Lidia's for italian... And add Pierpont's for steak... Since Morton's is closed.
FireSerpent is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:07 AM   #17
Guest080613
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCQuestor View Post
Skies has closed. I believe they are turning it into a nightclub.
Really? Was just there the first week of October. Well that sucks (IMHO). It was a nice place for a quiet elegant dinner.

Jack
Guest080613 is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #18
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default Great Italian Food in KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh View Post
I've got an old friend coming to town next week, and I'm looking for some dining suggestions that are a little on the upscale side. I'm thinking either Italian, or just a good steak joint. I've heard good things about the Majestic if steak is what we are looking for, but what about Italian restaurants? Other suggestions?

Anthony's!

I usually get Italian there. But the evening steaks are great, none for lunch.

They buy few, but they get the best. I think they have a better steak than Majestic, and as good as The Savoy. The Savoy has higher prices, but great steaks, as well as sea food. The Savoy Hotel is also a great, out of the way place to stay; some provisions also comes with the room. An old hotel with style. I have seen enough of the cold chain places.

I try to stay away from chain dining, but when do I prefer Windy's steak over McDonalds.

JR
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #19
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Default Cook for Mayor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikeinKC View Post
DD - I bet we have a lot of friends in common. Do you remember when the cook at Anthony's ran for mayor?
The head cook at Anthony's is Butch's wife; the mother of Anthony and Vito (the sons who run most of the shifts). The Grandfather was also an Anthony. He was the parking attendant after he retired. Had some heart problems.

By the way, to stay on the tread; the veal is the best in the city.

JR
Old 12-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #20
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Copa Room

Sometimes at Copa if you catch it right she makes a Wedding Soup that would raise the dead. I don't mean a hard on I mean it heals the sick, raises the dead and makes little girls talk outta their head.

I like good Antipasti so Garozzos and for fancy go to Jasper's
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #21
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLawrence View Post
The head cook at Anthony's is Butch's wife; the mother of Anthony and Vito (the sons who run most of the shifts). The Grandfather was also an Anthony. He was the parking attendant after he retired. Had some heart problems.

By the way, to stay on the tread; the veal is the best in the city.

JR

So Butchs wife ran for Mayor? I am in the dark here, I remember that there was a Becky Nace or something like that running for mayor that was popular with a lot of the fella's, but I believe I was away in government housing at this time and have only heard bits and pieces of the story big Mike is talking about.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #22
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Default The food comes first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dog View Post
So Butchs wife ran for Mayor? I am in the dark here, I remember that there was a Becky Nace or something like that running for mayor that was popular with a lot of the fella's, but I believe I was away in government housing at this time and have only heard bits and pieces of the story big Mike is talking about.
Didn't say that. I don't know anything about any connection with the political area of KC and Anthony's. All this is news to me. All I know about that is that they have great food. The only thing negative that I have ever heard about this place is that the room decoration has been the same for years. So what, I hadn't even noticed it. The place is down home Italian. But then, I really don't go for the nose in the air places. The main thing that matters is the food. I eat at Rosedale Bar-B-Q. In the old days when it was a shack (next door West, now gone), I once ordered everything for 12 people a I walked in; the food was on the table before we got our coats off and sat down. I just don't understand why people will wait an hour to be seated, especially if there are tables empty.

I have been to Jasper's once. Never again, unless a client drags me into the place. Bad food and snooty service; nope, give me great food and friendly people.

JR
Old 12-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #23
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLawrence View Post
Didn't say that. I don't know anything about any connection with the political area of KC and Anthony's. All this is news to me. All I know about that is that they have great food. The only thing negative that I have ever heard about this place is that the room decoration has been the same for years. So what, I hadn't even noticed it. The place is down home Italian. But then, I really don't go for the nose in the air places. The main thing that matters is the food. I eat at Rosedale Bar-B-Q. In the old days when it was a shack (next door West, now gone), I once ordered everything for 12 people a I walked in; the food was on the table before we got our coats off and sat down. I just don't understand why people will wait an hour to be seated, especially if there are tables empty.

I have been to Jasper's once. Never again, unless a client drags me into the place. Bad food and snooty service; nope, give me great food and friendly people.

JR
No big mike said something about it, Anthonys has very good food, an almost nostalgic feel for those of us who grew up around small little Italy corner resturants, in a way it reminds me of Jersey back in the late 70's. Jaspers is not the same since the old man died and they moved away from Wornell. The cheif they had back then was Jovito and he opened his own little italian cafe on Stateline, its pretty damn good, great meatball grinders.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #24
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

I guess it was way before your times. His name was Johnny Cox and he was a cook, not the chef.

It was back in the days when Turk hung out there.
BigMikeinKC is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #25
Smoking Monkey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

Anthony's is the best Italian restaurant in the city! Old style and they use tons of garlic! You can't lose!
Smoking Monkey is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women