Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70691
biomed162394
Yssup Rider60229
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48396
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41273
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35698
Mojojo33117

Old 08-17-2024, 08:21 AM   #16
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas McCain View Post
Yeah, I feel foolish for actually putting an objective thought in my post. I should have read the previous posts before I even bothered to do so.

The fact of the matter is that whatever Harris says will get bashed by MAGAs because they have no objectivity when it comes to any opposition to their master.

I'm sorry Lucas, but from Harris speech it is just another attempt to lie enough to fool people into believing this time the past failed policy will work.

I listened to Grandparents stories about life during WWII and ration stamps as well as the black market ( actual capitalist market ) that resulted from those policies.

Another example was when USSR bought U.S. grain in about 1972 or 1973 which came to be known as the Russia Grain robbery. Russia used to export grain, but the Communist Party ruined their agriculture and they had to import ag products to keep a few things on shelves to keep their people from revolting.

The only ones not looking at anything objectively are the ones thinking Harris, or Biden, or the leaders of the Democrat party in Washington DC and recognize the policies they push as abject failures throughout history.
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 09:34 AM   #17
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:

The fact of the matter is that whatever Harris says will get bashed by MAGAs because they have no objectivity when it comes to any opposition to their master.
The real fact is we so called “MAGA’s” bash asinine policies that however you want to name them, are centered around taking from one group and giving it to another.

The latest is this $25,000 dollars gifted to “young” people so they can get a house.

Remember the whole savings and loan fiasco where some moron decided to guarantee loans for people that could not afford a house. Well, this vote buying scheme will allow people to “buy” a home, even though they will not be able to afford the monthly mortgage, the light bill, the water bill, the insurance, the taxes, or anything else that goes with home ownership.

It’s just pure stupidity.

But then, as I stated in my thread about the Dem’s biggest problem with Kamala is you cannot cure stupid.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 10:01 AM   #18
Michael8219
BANNED

Encounters: 20

For those of you who don’t get it, where do you all think this “free” money will come from? Oh yeah, middle class, upper middle class, and upper class.

And to elaborate on what UC said, what do you do if you’re able to do so? Move money and/or residency elsewhere so you can avoid giving more than a “fair share” to inefficient federal government or worse corrupt politicians.

Kamala’s own words:

http://x.com/EndWokeness/status/1824525304641278172
Michael8219 is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 10:20 AM   #19
TechPapi
BANNED

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmstud60 View Post
Teckpapi

It ain't about policy getting you shot, it is when they want to exercise their power and put fear into the masses so others won't try and go around their policies.

Here is an example from Stalin from the 1920's to 1930's time frame with a world wide depression. Stalin hired Nikolai D. Kondratiev to prove that Capitalist economic systems were going to collapse and Communism was by far superior. Kondratiev showed that capitalist systems would self correct and get stronger. Stalin shot him because he didn't like the answer.

What Is a Kondratiev Wave?

A Kondratiev Wave is a long-term economic cycle in commodity prices and other prices, believed to result from technological innovation, that produces a long period of prosperity alternating with economic decline. This theory was founded by Nikolai D. Kondratiev (also spelled "Kondratieff"), an agricultural economist who noticed agricultural and industrial commodity prices experienced long-term cycles. Kondratiev believed that these cycles involved periods of evolution and self-correction

Thanks for the Wikipedia paste.

So, even though you started the thread about Harris's announced "failed economic policies", you can't iterate on a single one that will lead us into the pits of economic damnation?
TechPapi is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 10:24 AM   #20
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
The real fact is we so called “MAGA’s” bash asinine policies that however you want to name them, are centered around taking from one group and giving it to another.

The latest is this $25,000 dollars gifted to “young” people so they can get a house.

Remember the whole savings and loan fiasco where some moron decided to guarantee loans for people that could not afford a house. Well, this vote buying scheme will allow people to “buy” a home, even though they will not be able to afford the monthly mortgage, the light bill, the water bill, the insurance, the taxes, or anything else that goes with home ownership.

But then, as I stated in my thread about the Dem’s biggest problem with Kamala is you cannot cure stupid.

Actually another example is the Student Loan fiasco. All that has happened in the 30 years is college tuition has gone up way faster than the regular inflation rate. The problem now is that more college degrees are costing more than the economic value of the degree so wages won't support the degree or the loan.

The $25.000 will just cause houses to go up $25,0000 thus causing even more inflation and not helping anyone actually buy an affordable home.
Old 08-17-2024, 10:26 AM   #21
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPapi View Post
Thanks for the Wikipedia paste.

So, even though you started the thread about Harris's announced "failed economic policies", you can't iterate on a single one that will lead us into the pits of economic damnation?

I have, but it ain't one simple thing is the total part of taking away peoples freedom and giving power to politicians.
Old 08-17-2024, 10:51 AM   #22
Jackie S
Valued Poster

https://www.reddit.com/r/quotes/comm...s_a_permanent/

Ignoring this simple reality is Kamala’s road to victory.

Worry about the consequences later.
Old 08-17-2024, 11:29 AM   #23
BillysEatinIt
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Y'all should have followed my advice in my last post and let this thread die. The OP's outright hatred of the Democratic party and liberals in general is once again transparent.

And between the elementary history/economics lessons and the weird quote by an 18th century democracy critic who probably never wrote that to begin with (look it up), this has grown progressively more inane. There is no real discussion. Just baseless refutations and deflection. Same old, same old.
BillysEatinIt is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 11:55 AM   #24
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillysEatinIt View Post
Y'all should have followed my advice in my last post and let this thread die. The OP's outright hatred of the Democratic party and liberals in general is once again transparent.

And between the elementary history/economics lessons and the weird quote by an 18th century democracy critic who probably never wrote that to begin with (look it up), this has grown progressively more inane. There is no real discussion. Just baseless refutations and deflection. Same old, same old.

Same ole same ole, Democrats failed history, and you no matter what anyone says you don't believe anything real, just the nonsense of Democrats.

I don't hate all Democrats, just the idiots that keep voting the same crap in that never ever works.
Old 08-17-2024, 01:42 PM   #25
BillysEatinIt
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Same ole same ole, Democrats failed history, and you no matter what anyone says you don't believe anything real, just the nonsense of Democrats.

I don't hate all Democrats, just the idiots that keep voting the same crap in that never ever works.
Maybe I was wrong. You don't hate all Democrats. Just the ones that disagree with you.

You have said twice now that I won't "believe" in what you say or anything real. That is nothing but a simplistic deflection. I have challenged you multiple times here. I have never said I didn't "believe" you. But you just respond with baseless refutations and insulting accusations like I have "failed history." Over and over. After seeing similar in other threads, I should not be surprised. This is not a discussion and never was for you. It was just another platform to vent hate and divisiveness.

So let's maybe try one last time to discuss some of the actual topic. Even the Wall Street Journal today, in a piece about Harris' policy statements, was very objective. In talking about her proposals for housing, it said that she would certainly have "challenges." But they went on to discuss the tax credits for builders, and a possible ban on the use of algorithmic pricing systems used to determine rents on millions of apartments and that have already been targeted in multiple lawsuits charging anti-trust allegations. Maybe they will try to open up some Federal land to housing projects (which the GOP supports also).

Those ideas don't seem doomed to failure to me. Or likely to "cause more inflation in the housing industry." I know, I know. I failed both history AND economics. But it seems that efforts to improve supply could maybe help with prices. And inflation. Silly me.

But maybe you can tell me why ideas like that are "the same old Marxist bullpucky that always fails." Because even the WSJ only says that they are "skeptical" of some of it. Meanwhile, no one else is doing a damn thing to address the incredible housing crisis in this country.
BillysEatinIt is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 04:50 PM   #26
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post

She is just saying things that sound good. Spotting first time home buyers 25k, oh hell yes that sounds phenomenal. The problem is she probably hasn't researched it, nor would she know how to implement it anyway.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 05:24 PM   #27
Michael8219
BANNED

Encounters: 20

Listen to Kamala. She’s going to go after the bad actors and “price gauging” in the food business! She meant gouging but misread the obummer teleprompter.

You know the agricultural and food industries are raking in the big money after paying higher labor cost, fuel, taxes, over regulation, etc. (NOT!):

http://www.cnn.com/2024/08/17/politi...-rogoff-digvid

I wouldn’t put Kamal in charge of a lemonade stand.
Michael8219 is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 06:06 PM   #28
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Harris needs to walk back a lot of that price gouging bullshit rhetoric. How do you even monitor that? What prices should be charged? What if I can afford the best ham and cheese or only the worst of both and/or something in between? Anyway, let the market decide the price of my ham and cheese.

There is a huge disparity in the difference in the quality of these two basic goods which is why I used them as examples. How can the government even price that disparity in those two items? It can't to make the suppliers happy who provide it because every step of the way before it reaches my fridge, everyone from the farmer, processing plant to the store all have margins to achieve so which one do you screw over?

This kind of liberal shit is taking it too far. You don't create a problem to try to fix a problem when the market (supply and demand) will set the prices naturally/organically. No government interference is necessary... if government wants to interfere with prices, just make sure to keep it only in the healthcare industry IMO.
The policies she is proposing will never be implemented in any meaningful way. Congress will never be able to pass any legislation that creates price controls or gives people 25000 dollars when they buy a house. Or at least I hope not.

I also don’t think that congress will create a law that would stop taxing tips or social security which is something that Trump is proposing.

Both sides are pushing policies that pander to what they think are their voters.

In my mind what is more important is the tendency of the voters to think that the President can just use executive powers to get these things done. As voters we need to pressure our congress to act like adults, compromise a little and start coming up with solutions to our problems. By expecting the executive branch to override the legislative branch we are pushing our government toward totalitarianism. That’s why I was so disappointed when the immigration bill was scuttled. The legislation was not perfect but it was a damned sight better than what we have now.

I would hope that both Trump and Harris would explain that only by coming together that we could solve our problems rather than pushing the old standard that only they are the solution. An attitude that I despise in Trump.
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 07:53 PM   #29
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
She is just saying things that sound good. Spotting first time home buyers 25k, oh hell yes that sounds phenomenal. The problem is she probably hasn't researched it, nor would she know how to implement it anyway.
Kamala hasn’t researched any thing. She’s to lazy and stupid.

She simply reads what is on the teleprompter, placed there by who ever is pulling her strings and who ever has been pulling that stupid piece of shit Biden’s strings for the past 3 1/2 years.

Any guesses as to who that might be?
Old 08-17-2024, 09:40 PM   #30
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Well, when the Washington Post says the same thing I said.

I lived through the Nixon's Wage and Price controls which was a disaster.

What I said used to be common knowledge and common sense with economic policies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillysEatinIt View Post
Elaborate on what the Post says, please. I'm not going to create an account on their POS site.

Meanwhile, let's not forget that Nixon was a Republican. And NO ONE believes in wage and price controls any more, so they are irrelevant in discussing her policies.

And saying things like "common knowledge" and "common sense" are meaningless. Tell me something real. Without insulting me, please. Try discussing a topic for once. I am not a "Marxist."
Quote:
When you bring up something as stupid as a political party of Nixon, you won't believe a thing I say anyway.,

But if you are serious about learning some real economics look up Milton Friedman and read his book.

That ain't answering the guys question. But you so like to deflect when called out on something you post. That's okay. All you maggies are that way.

Next time you reference something behind a paywall, be a lamb and find a way to post it here in full. A certain buddy of yours here who names himself as a babe of a certain Texas Indian town name but can't speak that language loves to lambast people who do it so ima stepping in for our beloved poster and passing along that advice.
Precious_b is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women