Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 05-05-2015, 07:26 AM   #16
cheatercheater
Prowler

Encounters: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolongus View Post
Does it cross the line to not agree with the content when you are knowingly putting lives in danger?
While I may not agree with the content, I don't agree with censorship. The organizer put security in place knowing the content was volatile to some.

Is the threat of violence enough to prohibit any event? One group after another would then use this to censor anything they find disrespectful to their own views. Violence is not the answer. But it would be used to squash the rights of others given the chance.

Knowing that the event was to take place when and where it did, why wasn't there a peaceful protest outside to draw attention to the religious views of those offended?

Garland ISD, who allowed the event, stated that their policy is to not discriminate against either side. Who has the right to draw the arbitrary line of what is and what isn't likely to attract violence?
cheatercheater is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:54 AM   #17
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 122

Past history on this says it WILL draw violence to this event. Knowing that there is a huge possibility of it, plus disrespecting the religious views of peaceful Muslims was dangerous and in very poor taste.

I'd be interested to know why the organizers decided to proceed with this event to display their "free speech" rights.

Would you have gone to this knowing about Charlie Hebdo? Did the all people who went understand the risks? We're they told about the possibility of the danger?
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:09 AM   #18
txexetoo
Premium Access

Encounters: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_dfw View Post
WE have first amendment rights. Suck it up. Defend it. Otherwise all freedom is lost.

We are the only Nation left who still TRYS to defend it. BUT the LIBERAL PROGRESSIVES kill it. TOO MANY LIBERALS in our nation today all whom have no idea what they are destroying in the name of "don't hurt someones feelings". They will be the first who fall face down crying like babies when it affects them.

I am so proud of our Texas heritage- take the bastards down when they mess with us. I am so proud; even our traffic officers are trained as well as our SWAT to hit the target.

DON"T MESS WITH OUR CONSTITUTION!

Amen brother. This could not have been said better. Fuck all the whiners who worry about offending people particularly these SOB's. We are in a war with these nuts and their is no coexistence
txexetoo is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:10 AM   #19
cheatercheater
Prowler

Encounters: 71

I think everyone who attended the event were full aware of the dangers of attending. The mentality of " it only happens to other people". And they were assured there would be security.
We the people still have the right to do as we please within the boundaries of the law. In bad taste yet legal. When you start to restrict the rights of people from free speech, you destroy one of the building blocks this country was founded on. And when the foundation is weakened, the rest will start to crumble.
Since when do people have to respect the beliefs of others? Muslims have to right to believe in a prophet by whatever name. They too are bound by our laws and have no right to break those with violence. You will never get everyone to tolerate every belief of every religion.

Was it right to push their agenda of obviously making fun of their religion? Not to me but....
Was it right for the radical clowns to react with violence?
cheatercheater is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:49 AM   #20
Bombadil
Registered Member

My ECCIE Reviews

Congratulations and kudos for the Garland Police officer who kept two terrorists from killing people Sunday evening. It takes a brave man to shoot it out with two bullet proof vest wearing Islamist jihadies trying to kill people with their AK-47's.

Brave and well trained he stopped these scum with his 45 cal. semi-automatic Glock duty pistol. For you liberal anti-gunners info he was very out gunned. Although we don't know his name yet and maybe his name should be kept under wraps to protect him and his family. We know these scum like to prey on women, children and the helpless.

Wake up!. If you are not a muslim you are in a "religious" war whether you like it or not. Wring your hands and question everything except the bad guys at your own risk. They want you dead unless you are of their "religion".
Bombadil is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:16 PM   #21
butterfryman
Valued Poster

YES.....amazing so many see these 2 assholes as VICTIMS.....

A few FACTS....for those confused

*This event was in response to the the Muslim rally held at this SAME venue in January....one in which Imam Siraj Wahhaj was a FEATURED speaker......ISW is long suspected as one of the conspirators behind the 1993 WTC bombings.....never indicted tho

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/...school-center/

This rally was held about 2 weeks after the Charlie Hebdo shootings....thus the theme for the most recent affair....

*Garland has a policy to allow ANY group to hold their event at this center....by LAW I've been told .....by Garland residents

*Pamela Geller......very hot BTW
*is RICH and does not need the cash.....most all her work is done in NYC...often with little support and under considerable danger...so to suggest she is simply an attention ho / using Texans to promote here agenda.......is STUPID
http://images9.fotki.com/v1603/photo..._geller-vi.jpg

She claims that Obama is a 3rd world coward and the love child of Malcom X...that will do nothing but beat up on our friends to appease his Islamic overlords...insists his health care plan is an act of national rape......
butterfryman is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:17 PM   #22
beachcomber789
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

1) What idiot thought this would be a fun thing to do, piss on someone's religion like that! Not all Muslims are terrorist, but you do this and the extremist will show up, lucky there were only two of them!

2) The Garland PD SWAT is 99% current or former military....they are not some backwater PD you should fuck with, the term prisoner is not in the SWAT manual. And there is a waiting list to join SWAT!
beachcomber789 is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:19 PM   #23
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

I get what you're saying, cheatercheater. I'm not against the right to assemble and free speech. And the two guys deserved to be shot.

I'm just stunned that something like this even took place. Somebody got something out of it I suppose...satisfaction, proving a point, etc....in the name of free speech.

Would like to hear a lot more in-depth details about why this happened. It's gotta be more than just an exhibition of free speech, right to assemble. Maybe we'll find out soon...
Old 05-05-2015, 12:23 PM   #24
butterfryman
Valued Poster

None of this means of course that this event was a 'good idea' necessarily .....especially at this location....
*note: as far as we can tell....Pam did not kidnap a single participant....nor hold them there against their will ..........

GREAT NEWS......!!
*the winner of the drawing contest has been announced.....it was the guy that drew the chalk outlines around the dead bodies of these 2 would be MASS MURDERERS............
butterfryman is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:39 PM   #25
hd
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Quote:
GREAT NEWS......!!
*the winner of the drawing contest has been announced.....it was the guy that drew the chalk outlines around the dead bodies of these 2 would be MASS MURDERERS............
Guess he got in just under the gun, good for him.
hd is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:49 PM   #26
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfryman View Post
None of this means of course that this event was a 'good idea' necessarily .....especially at this location....
*note: as far as we can tell....Pam did not kidnap a single participant....nor hold them there against their will ..........

GREAT NEWS......!!
She didn't have to kidnap or hold anyone there...the prize was evidently worth risk of showing up and cartooning away.

Contests like this sometimes make the winner sign an agreement to use their name, photo in promotional materials...Think the winner wants their name published anywhere...? Anyone see the winning (sic) cartoon? What's the over/under of good ole Pam's cause of...ahh never mind...

Don't y'all just love religion lol...
Old 05-05-2015, 12:53 PM   #27
Phrodo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

Maybe the event was intended to make fun of a religion, maybe not. However, if you pay attention, you can regularly find Americans ridiculing Christianity and the "mythical being" that Christians worship, and how stupid they are to feel this way. It is also somewhat popular to have "pieces of artwork" that ridicule God, Jesus, and symbols of Christianity. I have read nothing in the paper regarding this, nor have I seen the President or the media speaking up to defend Christianity. I also do not remember reading of any attacks or killings attributed to Christians as a result of this. Christians are expected to roll over and accept this?
Phrodo is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:29 PM   #28
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrodo View Post
Maybe the event was intended to make fun of a religion, maybe not. However, if you pay attention, you can regularly find Americans ridiculing Christianity and the "mythical being" that Christians worship, and how stupid they are to feel this way. It is also somewhat popular to have "pieces of artwork" that ridicule God, Jesus, and symbols of Christianity. I have read nothing in the paper regarding this, nor have I seen the President or the media speaking up to defend Christianity. I also do not remember reading of any attacks or killings attributed to Christians as a result of this. Christians are expected to roll over and accept this?
Christians also don't have the "taboo" of creating likenesses of their God, either. And that likeness is everywhere; church windows, Renaissance art and even cartoons. Creating a likeness of Mohammad may be as sacrilegious to them as violating one of Christianity's ten commandments; thou shalt not kill, is to Christians.

Yeah... They (Muslims) take it seriously.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:47 PM   #29
beachcomber789
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

The Garland ISD owns the property and as a quasi government agency they do net get to pick who can rent this place and who cannot, that would violate other state and city statues. But Garland did have PD on site, I think they expected protestors not gunmen.
beachcomber789 is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:52 PM   #30
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Interesting that this does not fall under separation of church and state. Independent school districts might be taking a hard look at Pam's Parody Parties in the future.

If she REALLY wanted to cause controversy, next time she should have iher coloring contest at the Six Flags Over Jesus Baptist church in downtown Dallas.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women