Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 378
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60546
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48519
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42049
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 06-09-2015, 10:17 AM   #16
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

COG, THE2DOGS, LEXUS LOVER, REY LEGUMA please give it up Pizza Lover has clearly taken you guys to school and has proved that none of you know what you are talking about- admit defeat despite you guys trying to through in deceptive data to support your lies.

Also, I think the2dogs as a super moderator you should play a neutral role in this manner and not have a personal agenda against anyone who supports the Obama Administration or happens to be liberal.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:40 AM   #17
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaLover View Post
PLEASE SPEND 5 MINUTES OF YOUR TIME TO LEARN SOMETHING!!!

There appears to be some confusion amongst forum members regarding U.S. unemployment numbers.

For example, here was a recent post where JD Barleycorn accused the Obama Administration of lying about the May 2015 unemployment rate, which was reported at 5.5%.

Here is my response.

Obama is NOT lying at all. You are simply confused.

The OFFICIAL U.S. Department of Labor UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IS the U-3 rate. For May 2015, that number IS 5.5%.

The U.S. Department of Labor actually publishes a SET of unemployment rates each month. Each has a unique definition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unemployment

Official U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Reference:
http://www.bls.gov/lau/stalt.htm

The article you quote references a DIFFERENT Labor Department Rate called the U-6 rate. That rate is a more expanded definition of unemployment.

The key with these sets of rates over time is consistency of usage if you are trying to understand a trend.

Meaning: pick one U rate and stick with it.

This is why one of these rates is deemed the OFFICIAL UNEMPLOYMENT RATE. That is the U-3, and the U-3 for May 2015 is 5.5%.

You (or in this case the author of the CNBC article you reference) can argue the U-6 unemployment rate better represents the "true picture" of unemployment, but the fact remains the U-3 is the official unemployment rate, not the U-6 rate.

I should note that the U-3 has been the official unemployment rate for many years. The Obama Administration did not change which U rate is the official one.

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR UNEMPLOYMENT RATE CHARTS

Here is a chart of the U-6 rate from 2000 - 2015 (the webpage has the information in both graph and table formats):
http://portalseven.com/employment/un...nt_rate_u6.jsp

You will note the U-6 rate hit a peak in 2010 but has now dropped down to near 2008 levels.

Here is a chart of the the U-3 rate from 2002-2015 (the OFFICIAL RATE):
http://portalseven.com/employment/unemployment_rate.jsp

You will note that rate's graph shows the same overall trend, that U.S. unemployment hit a peak in 2010 but has now dropped down to near 2008 levels.

Conclusion: The Obama Administration is NOT LYING when they state the official unemployment rate for May 2015 is 5.5%.

P.S. If you look at either of those charts and set the beginning date back as far as possible (1994) you will see the lowest unemployment rate the U.S. had during that entire time period was in 2001, at the end of the Clinton Administration / beginning of the G.W. Bush Administration.
I am so pleased that you think I am the one who said that the Obama administration was lying but it wasn't all me. It was the Wall Street Journal, it was Bloomberg, it was the New York Times, and it goes on to TV as well. They also think the White House is lying by promoting a number that causes the average person to think something that is not true. You can argue and nitpick about the U3 or U6 but it was what the average low information voter is designed to think. In the courtroom, they consider anything less than the truth, the WHOLE truth, and nothing but the truth to be a lie. The White House lied and has lied repeatedly about so many things in order to stay in power. People are catching on but you DEFENDERS of the lie refuse to face the truth. I wonder why? Are you paid to defend the lie? Do you really believe the lies being told? Are you afraid that your judgement will be questioned if you have to admit that you voted for the lie that so many of us so coming? Only you know if you're stupid or corrupt.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:51 AM   #18
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Actually the numbers have been manipulated. Back when Bush was president a job consisted of a 40 hour work week plus any overtime past 40. Today a work week consists of a 30 hour week and still no overtime until you hit 40 so no overtime. A person could support themselves on a 40 hour week but have some real trouble with 30 hours. So a person has to get a second job which the regime says is two people with jobs rather than the reality of one person and two jobs. WE should walk away while he can.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:52 AM   #19
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

ALL JOB GROWTH SINCE 2007 HAS GONE TO FOREIGN-BORN WORKERS....

Some record Obama has ain't it !

Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:48 AM   #20
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

I do not moderate this forum. I only stated the truth. It is not just the Obama administration that jacks up the numbers. what does my comments in the political forum have to do with moderating hooktards and fucktards in PA.

You must have mistaken me for one of those over educated people that cannot think for themselves and need the government to tell what to do , when to do it , how to do it, and then tell you that you cant do it because it has not been studied enough.

Have you petitioned the government for safety warning on your shoes?
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:54 AM   #21
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaLover View Post
WRONG!

You obviously do not understand (or refuse to).
Yep! I was CORRECT.

Another "know-it-all" liberal trying to justify "cooking" the BLS books!

While you were buried in "feel good" courses to provide time for extracurricular adventures ... some other folks were busy learning something about economics, statistics, math, and graphics.

Please don't get on here and start "lecturing" ... it's boring.

You quickly have forgotten that the same "fellow" who brought you the economic miracle of the 21st century .... proclaimed ISIS was JV!!!!! He apparently thinks everyone is as dumb as you ... Gruber certainly does!!!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:08 PM   #22
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
COG, THE2DOGS, LEXUS LOVER, REY LEGUMA please give it up Pizza Lover has clearly taken you guys to school ....
Too many carbs from eating too much Pizza makes your brain fat.

WE do you eat a lot of it?

Back in 2000 when the Clinton administration cooked the books in September-November to make it appear as though there was no economic downturn in 2000 BEFORE the general election (trying to get Mr. Internet elected) .... they did it by changing the "standards" used to define employed vs. unemployed (and who would be counted) then used the same data from September in October with the November results not coming out until after the General Election .... even as late as post Christmas and before the New Year Clinton was mouthing off about the economy was not bad, like Cheney was proclaiming on the talk shows (Being their #1 priority when they took office). In December the AFLCIO posted the "real job" numbers on their website .... the last quarter of 2000.

As corrected history showed ... the recession of 2000 began in the latter part of the 1st quarter of 2000, if not, the first part of the 2nd quarter of 2000.

Gruber had it right. And he wasn't talking about the conservatives. They already KNEW the Obamacare was a sham.....and a big fat lie. Gruber was talking about the liberals buying their shit ... lock, stock, and barrel.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:01 PM   #23
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

93,000,000 people out of the workforce, black and youth unemployment at an all time high, and rampant illegal immigration are not signs of a healthy, robust economy. And you answer with government approved graphs? You are telling the passengers on the Titanic that the sea has been a little rough, but it's getting better. You're saying, "You only think the ship is sinking because the Captain is black and you're a racist!" No, asshole. THE SHIP IS SINKING! Now quit whining and ignoring that fact and DO SOMETHING!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:40 PM   #24
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
I do not moderate this forum. I only stated the truth. It is not just the Obama administration that jacks up the numbers. what does my comments in the political forum have to do with moderating hooktards and fucktards in PA.

You must have mistaken me for one of those over educated people that cannot think for themselves and need the government to tell what to do , when to do it , how to do it, and then tell you that you cant do it because it has not been studied enough.

Have you petitioned the government for safety warning on your shoes?
Look I am beginning to think you have an agenda with me or anyone who of liberal. Were the numbers manipulated under Bush as well ? Do you deny the economy is stronger now than when Bush left office? For god sakes give Obama some credit. Also for Obama to manipulate the numbers that must mean every employee in the department of labor is in on the manipulation? I am pretty sure there are some republicans who work for the department wouldn't they know and speak out against this manipulation and scandal ?
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:41 PM   #25
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
THE SHIP IS SINKING! Now quit whining and ignoring that fact and DO SOMETHING!
He is. He's taken first seat in the #1 Life Boat.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:54 PM   #26
gnadfly
Account Disabled

I understand what you are saying about the differences in the unemployment types PizzaLover but your base argument is that the "official numbers" are "officially official."

http://nypost.com/2013/11/18/census-...n-jobs-report/

Quote:
And the Census Bureau, which does the unemployment survey, knew it.
Just two years before the presidential election, the Census Bureau had caught an employee fabricating data that went into the unemployment report, which is one of the most closely watched measures of the economy.
And a knowledgeable source says the deception went beyond that one employee — that it escalated at the time President Obama was seeking reelection in 2012 and continues today.
“He’s not the only one,” said the source, who asked to remain anonymous for now but is willing to talk with the Labor Department and Congress if asked.
The Census employee caught faking the results is Julius Buckmon, according to confidential Census documents obtained by The Post. Buckmon told me in an interview this past weekend that he was told to make up information by higher-ups at Census.
I don't like baloney on my pizza.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:01 PM   #27
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
I do not moderate this forum. I only stated the truth.....
Nothing against the current mods but I wish you did moderate this forum The2Dogs.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:32 AM   #28
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

I do not understand why you rush to defend Obama when I have said nothing about him. I only pointed out the fact that our government manipulates the way the numbers are crunched to achieve the desired result. I never said Obama did it. Do you have a guilt by association complex?
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:04 AM   #29
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:19 AM   #30
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
Look I am beginning to think you have an agenda with me or anyone who of liberal. Were the numbers manipulated under Bush as well ? Do you deny the economy is stronger now than when Bush left office? For god sakes give Obama some credit. Also for Obama to manipulate the numbers that must mean every employee in the department of labor is in on the manipulation? I am pretty sure there are some republicans who work for the department wouldn't they know and speak out against this manipulation and scandal ?
Actually the economy was better when Bush left office. A 40 hour work week was still standard, Obamacare was not siphoning money from Medicare and the economy, more people had jobs (remember the 93 million) though the doctored rate was higher under Bush, and Obama had to waste 2 trillion dollars or stimulus and bailout monies. Why is it so hard to under? Obama just changed the definition of work. People have to do what they do under the new rules. It is only a scandal if you want to believe that Obama is not comparing oranges and bananas...which he is.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women