Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41457
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 11-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #16
Luvgcz
Valued Poster

Default Just think,

the Boyz would have a perfect record if they hadn't beaten Houston.
Luvgcz is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:17 PM   #17
tsrv4me
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

IF the Cowboys are such a talented team ....A coach cant stop that completely from coming to the top .....They have been unimaginative on offense and defense ....seem to lack fire ...supposedly GREAT talent ....that talent has not come to the front yet despite the coaching ....neither Wade nor Garrett have made a tackle ,run the ball ,thrown the ball ,intercepted a pass ........but then again the TALENT has not done any more than the coaches ...the running game is a joke ,the offensive line doesnt protect ,the running backs let to many blitzes get thru ...and the list goes on and on both offense and defense..... over hyped and over rated as talent goes .......from top to bottom ....then we have the head office ...over hyped and WAY over rated..new ownership would be appreciated ....but that wont happen ...probably not a pro bowler on the team if you are honest ...need much better fundamentals ..the list is endless .....and the Cowboys are Clueless ....or Priceless
tsrv4me is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #18
shooter6.5
Premium Access

Encounters: 1
Default Bill Cower is what is needed

Only if he has a free hand.

Dallas has a lot of undisciplined talent.

Nuff said
shooter6.5 is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:24 PM   #19
daty/o
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73

I could not agree with you more, shooter.
daty/o is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:20 PM   #20
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
I suppose I am one of the few who has mixed emotions about Wade's firing. To me it was a classic example of Wade being used as a scapegoat! Granted, Wade lost control of the football team. Why, because the players have always known that Wade was not in charge. J.J.'s ego would not allow Wade to be in charge. He would not permit the Dallas Cowboys players to recognize the authority of Wade Phillips. J.J. set things up to get all of the credit if things went well and Wade would get all of the blame if things go south! J.J. has to have a scapegoat! This time it just happened to be Wade Phillips!

Therein lies the problem!

Wade is a good football coach and has had success wherever he has gone. He is not an elite coach in the Jimmy Johnson or Bill Parcell's mode but in my humble opinion, he is the 3rd best coach hired by the Cowboys since Tom Landry was inexplicably fired by J.J. The problem was not Wade Phillips, plain and simple! If J.J. inteded to correct the problem with the Cowboy's organization, he should have fired the General Manager, not the Head Coach! But his oversized ego would not allow him to do so!

What a pompous, egotistical ASS! Quite frankly, I know how to spell LOSER. It is spelled Jerry Jones, not Wade Phillips!
In my past life, I was friends with Bum Brights son, he told me that his dad was suppose let Tom Landry know what was going on but things got screwd up, what was the old miltary jargon fubar? fuck up beyond something
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:15 AM   #21
tsrv4me
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

SNAFU .......situation normal all fucked up .....is that the old military jargon you are looking for....as long as JJ is in charge of EVERYTHING , it will remain a SNAFU......no self respecting coach with any BALLS and a take charge guy is going to be interested in the Cowboys job ....but with the coaches EGOs and Jerry's EGO they all think they can do a job no one else is capable of doing .....
tsrv4me is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #22
SuperPops
Account Disabled

So if Jason goes say 6 and 2 for the remainder of the season,does he get the job for next year? Not thinking that's going to happen, but what if...
SuperPops is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #23
guest021711
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

Super Pops...I think if Jason can just get a better effort out of the team, he will be back.

I'm not saying he's going to be wildly successful, but I am glad he is getting his chance to put his fingerprints on the team. Situation sucks, but he has an oppy.

I remember in preseason DMN reporting on who 'won the walking on their hands' contest one day at training camp (Terrence Newman, btw..) I don't remember my high school coach letting us get away with crap like that.

Also, FUBAR, Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition. See Saving Private Ryan...
guest021711 is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #24
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPops View Post
So if Jason goes say 6 and 2 for the remainder of the season,does he get the job for next year? Not thinking that's going to happen, but what if...
I believe JJ is always hoping for the big splash! If he can hire a top name (Cowher or Chuckie come to mind) that is willing to accept JJ's conditions, he will do so. The odds of it being Cowher are somewhere between slim and none. The chances of it being Chuckie are slightly better than Cowher but from my perspective why would either accept a position knowing that JJ will have sole responsibility over all player personnel moves. I believe it will end up being Jason G. or another lesser name coach who is willing to kiss JJ's ass! In effect that means more of the same!

That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:40 PM   #25
PT4ME
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
........ why would either accept a position knowing that JJ will have sole responsibility over all player personnel moves.
Hmmmm, I can think of a couple of million reasons!!!

-PT-
PT4ME is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #26
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT4ME View Post
Hmmmm, I can think of a couple of million reasons!!!

-PT-
My point is that either Cowher or Chuckie can get those same "couple of million reasons" from a different owner who will allow them to run the franchise as they see fit! Giving someone the position of Head Coach and General Manager does not seem to be in JJ's DNA!

I predict that Cowher will look elsewhere and I suspect Gruden will, as well!
Old 11-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #27
Dittychaser
Valued Poster

Encounters: 91

When I lived in Dallas I was a Cowboys fan until JJ let his ego get out of control and fired Jimmy Johnson. Now I am a Saints fan. I still wish Johnson could have had a chance to string together several consecutive Super Bowl championships.

Don't be so quick to dismiss the possibility of Gruden. He would be a good fit for the Cowboys. He's a disciplinarian and has been successful where he did not have complete control. Remember, he coached at Oakland where Al Davis exercises the same complete control as JJ.
Dittychaser is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:56 PM   #28
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dittychaser View Post
Remember, he coached at Oakland where Al Davis exercises the same complete control as JJ.
And remember, Gruden left Oakland because of Al Davis meddling. He was searching for more control of player personnel decisions! He did not have that authority in Oakland and he would not have that authority in Dallas. On the other hand, there will be job openings next off season where both Cowher and Gruden can have control. My hunch tells me they will both be checking those job openings out.

Of the two, Gruden would be more likely to have interest in the Dallas job but I suspect only slightly!
Old 11-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #29
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

bring Switzer back :l aughbounce2::lau ghbounce2::laugh bounce2:
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:45 AM   #30
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
bring Switzer back
He was the recipient of the talented team put together by Jimmy Johnson and the consumate Jerry Jones "yes man!"

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women