Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
test
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70793
biomed163189
Yssup Rider60842
gman4453287
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48633
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42517
CryptKicker37215
The_Waco_Kid36941
Mokoa36496
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 04-01-2011, 06:54 AM   #16
oralee
Valued Poster

Encounters: 79

I recruited for 7 years of my 20 yr Army career. You remind me so much of a young man from Sedalia, Mo. who was disqualified with weight issues. He came from a family of military people, and that was his dream. He took off the weight, only to be DQ'd with a heart murmur. I sat with his family and advised that his country needed him, just not in that capacity. He applied, and was selected for a Police Academy in the Mid West. Two months ago, I received a FaceBook friend request from Police Chief A. L-----, of a City I won't mention, thanking me for that long ago advice.
Joeykid, your country still needs you. Find your niche. Maybe it will be Police, Fire, or a Dept of Defense Civilian, or other positions. Turn your bitterness into positive energy. And thank God you are an American!
oralee is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #17
Guest101114
Account Disabled

User ID: 51111
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm sorry hon:
Guest101114 is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:34 AM   #18
Guest081519
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by oralee View Post
I recruited for 7 years of my 20 yr Army career. You remind me so much of a young man from Sedalia, Mo. who was disqualified with weight issues. He came from a family of military people, and that was his dream. He took off the weight, only to be DQ'd with a heart murmur. I sat with his family and advised that his country needed him, just not in that capacity. He applied, and was selected for a Police Academy in the Mid West. Two months ago, I received a FaceBook friend request from Police Chief A. L-----, of a City I won't mention, thanking me for that long ago advice.
Joeykid, your country still needs you. Find your niche. Maybe it will be Police, Fire, or a Dept of Defense Civilian, or other positions. Turn your bitterness into positive energy. And thank God you are an American!
Great advise Oralee.

Look kid, I understand that you are disappointed. Don't take it to heart. You can always move in another direction as Oralee said. Being in the military has its ups and downs. It is usually a lot of boredom followed by a few minutes of actual excitement.

What are the reasons that you wish to join up? Is it because you seek adventure, because you wish to gain technical skills, because you want to serve your country in any way possible (even if it is a crap job that no one wants to do)?

If you just really want to be a ground-pounder, then you can probably join the French Foreign Legion. If memory serves right, they take just about anybody. The downside is that it is a hard life and the French Government sees them as their most expendable force available (since they are not French nationals). If you want to travel the world, this is your ticket. You even get a brand new identity.

French Foreign Legion
Guest081519 is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #19
Guest071711
Account Disabled

User ID: 44797
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeykid7675 View Post
I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but I've been busting my ass for 6 months to lose the weight so I can go only to be told now I can't
Good job. Do it for yourself.
Guest071711 is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #20
oldtiger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeykid7675 View Post
Well went today to talk to my recruiter and was told I am now disqualified from going because on new Army medical regs that prohibit somebody with Hypothyroidism which is an after effect of my radiation and chemo treatments from enlisting...
I know you might find this hard to believe, the Army hasn't picked you out and changed the regs just to jack with you.

This sort of crap happens throughout life, you've got to learn to roll with the punches.

Besides, think of how much better in shape you are in!
oldtiger is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #21
Sexwaffle
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

To be honest each branch depending on how full they are will look to take people and usually there's a wavier for everything. You're just coming into a time where the military is overpopulated. With a lot of people having trouble with work they turn to joining the military.

If you truly wish to join I'm sure you could keep going back or even see a different recruiter. Also, if you had lost a lot of weight to join that's a good thing. I would recommend keeping the weight off for at least a year or two before deciding to join up. Weight issues could land you right back out really fast.

If you have any questions let me know I'd be happy to talk with you more at length.
Sexwaffle is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #22
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Try talking to your Congressman.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #23
oralee
Valued Poster

Unfortunately, the history of cancer, hyperthyroidism, prescribed medication is a disqualifier. Always has been. Seeing another recruiter won't help since your records are already on file with all the services. As a recruiter, I had many waivers granted, but had zero luck in medical waivers. And, as a former soldier, I have served with people with the attitude and bitterness you display in your post, and I personally don't feel you are emotionally ready to be the team member you would need to be. Good luck to you.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #24
romeoromeo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Another retired vet concur and doubt he has the right stuff, lol.
romeoromeo is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #25
romeoromeo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Bad eyes too, E-2C NFO.
romeoromeo is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:46 AM   #26
joeykid7675
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

they were ok with the cancer since I'm cancer free and it has been more than five years, the recruiter already told me none of the doctors had said no I can't join and the hypothyroid just went into effect in january!!
joeykid7675 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:40 AM   #27
PaganGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

Personally I can't understand why anybody would want to give up their free will and be a pawn of this screwed up country that sticks its nose repeatedly where it doesnt belong. Sorry! I have a lot of good friends in the military and respect the individuals and their freedom to choose that path, but cant stand the machine and its actions.. just don't get it.
PaganGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:12 AM   #28
Guest041315
Valued Poster

Encounters: 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaganGuy View Post
Personally I can't understand why anybody would want to give up their free will and be a pawn of this screwed up country that sticks its nose repeatedly where it doesnt belong. Sorry! I have a lot of good friends in the military and respect the individuals and their freedom to choose that path, but cant stand the machine and its actions.. just don't get it.
As I'm sure everyone is aware, the military members do not chart the path our country chooses to take. But you are partially correct, we did give up family, friends, and hometown to allow you to state how you feel about our country. I don't remember giving up my free will, however.
Guest041315 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:25 AM   #29
oralee
Valued Poster

Well stated Bmerazi. And I would do it again if I wasn't so dammed old.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #30
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaganGuy View Post
Perhaps the following will provide you with some clarity...

9/11 Tribute

There is sound.
Mokoa is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women