Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48374
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #16
Sierra977
Valued Poster

Prolongus, while that cuisine is Mexican, it's not Tex-Mex. Yes I crave good Tex-Mex when enchiladas, tamales and the like are on the menu, but the food you mention is interior Mexican food. Dishes indigenous to various parts of Mexico. Norteno, Veracruzano, Chiapas etc. The best real Mexican restaurant that Dallas ever had was La Valentina de Mexico on Montfort north of 635. It was the only USA location of a Ciudad Mexico DF family of restaurants. Twenty kinds of premium tequila served like sorbet between courses. And this was in the late 1980's. Wish that restaurant would come back but I don't think it will. Dallas people were not sophisticated enough to appreciate what a gem it was.
Sierra977 is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #17
CHIM222
Registered Member

Everybody has their own favorite. For the best Margarita you have to go to marianos! After all they invented the frozen Rita and the first machine is still I'm thr Smithsonian.
CHIM222 is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:20 PM   #18
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrissey View Post
  1. El Rancho Grande in Fort Worth ****
  2. Mi Cocina *** 1/2
  3. Taco Diner *** 1/2
  4. Casa Milagro - Richardson - *** 1/2 Like Luna's and Mi Cocina.
  5. Uncle Julio's ***
  6. Cantina Laredo ***
  7. Papasitos *** Still a good lunch place
Really? Most of these places are chain restaurants one notch above El Queso, Chipotle, etc.. If these are the best in DFW, then the bar is not that high, IMHO.
Lust4xxxLife is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:56 AM   #19
YohannG
Valued Poster

Tres Jose's on White settlement in FW, great fajitas and top shelf ritas. Abeulos because the fajita meat is soft and tastly. Mercardo Juarez, and definitely Uncle Julios.
YohannG is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:00 AM   #20
morrissey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Lust- el rancho is no chain nor is casa milagro. The rest are regionals. That is why I posted a best in the southwest us.
morrissey is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:23 AM   #21
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra977 View Post
Prolongus, while that cuisine is Mexican, it's not Tex-Mex. Yes I crave good Tex-Mex when enchiladas, tamales and the like are on the menu, but the food you mention is interior Mexican food. Dishes indigenous to various parts of Mexico. Norteno, Veracruzano, Chiapas etc. The best real Mexican restaurant that Dallas ever had was La Valentina de Mexico on Montfort north of 635. It was the only USA location of a Ciudad Mexico DF family of restaurants. Twenty kinds of premium tequila served like sorbet between courses. And this was in the late 1980's. Wish that restaurant would come back but I don't think it will. Dallas people were not sophisticated enough to appreciate what a gem it was.
Yes, it does have interior Mexico food as you mentioned and enchiladas, tamales are on the menu, as well as tacos, nachos, quesadillas and fajitas. Just a great mix of dishes. Not sure the "true" definition of a Tex Mex place, but dang the food is great. Would like to try the Oak Cliff location someday.

Link to their menu: www.veracruzcafedallas.com/menu_cedarhill.php
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:35 AM   #22
latin6pack
Valued Poster

Encounters: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolongus View Post
Veracruz. Two locations...one in Cedar Hill and one in Dallas, I think. Entrees you won't find any place else. The Pescado Xanath: white fish fillet stuffed with shrimp and crab with Crema Totonaca...blue corn enchilladas, fish tacos... shit, just drooled on my keyboard...
Some listed on here I might try, though.
Damn Pro, thanks for the intel. That Pescado Xanath sounds ridiculous. Place is only a couple of minutes from the cave, guess where i'm going to lunch today!! Peace
latin6pack is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:53 AM   #23
KYOT
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
In my opinion hands down Gonzalez's there's two locations: East Dallas and Oak Cliff. When I go I usually go to the Oak Cliff location.

The food is great, but their niche is probably their homemade flour tortillas; they are seriously as thick as pancakes. Also I'm not a big fan of enchiladas, however, this is the only place I will eat them, they are great.

http://www.gonzalezrestaurant.com

http://www.yelp.com/biz/gonzales-mexican-food-dallas

+1 to Gonzalez

I have been to this place, its kind of a hole in the wall family type place. The food is amazing, 15 years later its still the bar by which I judge all texmex I eat. He is right, the tortillas are melt in your mouth goodness.
KYOT is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #24
Clouddancer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

I always likes Esparza's in Grapevine.

Abuello's
Mi Cocina
Clouddancer is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #25
durango95
Account Disabled

For real Tex-Mex made the old fashioned way in a dive type environment try Herrera's. Real Tex Mex none of that foo foo stuff.
durango95 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #26
gashpump
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 5

I am a Tex-Mex junkie. Always have been, always will be.

For the best in the World (at least those parts that I have dined in), it has to be La Hacienda Ranch. One restaurant is in N Dallas, and one on Highway121 just south of Hall Johnson, at the Colleyville/Grapevine border.

Try the table side guacamole. And the salsa is perfection.
gashpump is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #27
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by latin6pack View Post
Damn Pro, thanks for the intel. That Pescado Xanath sounds ridiculous. Place is only a couple of minutes from the cave, guess where i'm going to lunch today!! Peace
L6P, if you're going to the Veracruz in Oak Cliff/Dallas, let me know how you liked it; haven't been to that one yet.
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #28
Sophia Dane3.0
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 104471
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolongus View Post
L6P, if you're going to the Veracruz in Oak Cliff/Dallas, let me know how you liked it; haven't been to that one yet.

I've been there several times as well as the location in Cedar Hill. They are both awesome!
Sophia Dane3.0 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #29
Tigger
Account Disabled

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by durango95 View Post
For real Tex-Mex made the old fashioned way in a dive type environment try Herrera's. Real Tex Mex none of that foo foo stuff.
I'll second Herrera's on Josey between Belt Line and Keller Springs. Another favorite of mine is Jalepenos in Allen.
Tigger is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #30
Red Tex
Valued Poster

Encounters: 51

Why must people put chain restaurants in when speaking of the best? Shouldn't there be a rule against that?

El Ranco Grande is AMAZING!

Joe T's is fun and for tourists, but great food? HA!

My favorite chain is Mi Cocina.
Red Tex is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women