Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70752
biomed162882
Yssup Rider60559
gman4453255
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48527
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42077
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36434
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 04-10-2019, 09:08 PM   #16
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
Trump and his supporters are a lot like Hitler and the Nazis. He is their "Savior" and they do whatever he directs them to do. Of course a Presidents tax returns are private. Trump said so and his cult followers do what they are told
You hate Jewish people...like the Nazis.
bb1961 is online now   Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:12 PM   #17
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
You are correct. Tax records are not public records. However congress has the authority under 26 U.S. Code § 6103 to gain access to tax return records and to make them public at their own discretion. You should read the article in the post by George K. Yin here.
I took a look at your link 26 U.S. Code 6103 and indeed the Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee can gain access to tax returns. However, if they identify the specific taxpayer, they're only supposed to be examined by the committee in "closed excecutive session." I don't see where the Chairman or Committee has the right to make the tax returns public at their own discretion, but if you say that's correct, it's probably correct.

But is this constitutional, in this instance? The purpose of the request can only be to make the president's tax returns public and/or obtain information to go on a fishing expedition to find ammunition for political ends or to prosecute Trump. I'm not a lawyer but suspect that after this winds its way through the courts, the Ways and Means Committee won't get the tax returns. And in any event, being a civil libertarian, I don't believe it's any of their business requesting tax returns of citizens for political and most other purposes.

I wonder if the Democrats have thought this through. For example, the President appears to have the same power to obtain tax records as the Ways and Means Committee. How about he obtains the tax returns of Democratic politicians and Democratic Party campaign contributors and then posts them on the White House web site?

This has the potential to go the way of the filibuster. First the Democrats end it in the Senate for all federal judges except Supreme Court. Then the republicans expand it to the Supreme Court. Next thing you know, one party or the other will end it all together and another check and balance on the system will go away. The issue with the tax returns is arguably worse, as it's an attack on a fundamental right we all should have.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:58 PM   #18
dilbert firestorm
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Sanders nor Trump shouldn't have to show his tax returns. they are private and none of the public's business.

9 presidents before Nixon never showed their tax returns.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:01 PM   #19
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
Sanders nor Trump shouldn't have to show his tax returns. they are private and none of the public's business.

9 presidents before Nixon never showed their tax returns.
After Nixon released his return it showed he owed $ 500,000. They kind of realized that maybe it would be a good idea to know about a Presidents financial dealings.
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:20 PM   #20
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
After Nixon released his return it showed he owed $ 500,000. They kind of realized that maybe it would be a good idea to know about a Presidents financial dealings.
I guess if the records are from your hero it's different...
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-a...its-last-year/
bb1961 is online now   Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:34 AM   #21
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
I guess if the records are from your hero it's different...
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-a...its-last-year/
No different. They should all have to disclose tax records. Period
Old 04-11-2019, 12:41 AM   #22
Danielle Silver
Naughty lil Moderator

User ID: 7081
My ECCIE Reviews

Find that old Hag Hillary's emails, then I might be interested in tax returns.

Seriously, who cares about tax returns, everyone lies, ITS THE AMERICAN WAY!!
Danielle Silver is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:10 AM   #23
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle Silver View Post
Find that old Hag Hillary's emails, then I might be interested in tax returns.

Seriously, who cares about tax returns, everyone lies, ITS THE AMERICAN WAY!!
"Russia if your listening" Lol.

This is confidential but here's one I know about that she sent on Jan 21, 2014.

" Bill could you pick up a loaf of bread on your way home?" And by the way some bitch named Paula called here. Who the fuck is Paula. Im not going through this shit when Im President"
Old 04-11-2019, 06:39 AM   #24
eccielover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
No different. They should all have to disclose tax records. Period
And college transcripts(maybe even High School, Jr. High, and elementarty), and sources of any income/scholarships/endowments/grants they have received from any government source or other source anytime in their lives. All people they have ever had any contact or dealings with. Every girl(or boy) they have ever touched....

Where does the BS end?

The requests from their opponents can be made, but there is no "should have to disclose". It's optional.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:09 AM   #25
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover View Post
And college transcripts(maybe even High School, Jr. High, and elementarty), and sources of any income/scholarships/endowments/grants they have received from any government source or other source anytime in their lives. All people they have ever had any contact or dealings with. Every girl(or boy) they have ever touched....

Where does the BS end?

The requests from their opponents can be made, but there is no "should have to disclose". It's optional.
So why all of a sudden is tax returns no big deal after 40 years of doing it? Why did Obama have to show a birth certificate? I forgot Eccie, you are from Pittsburg the city that cant protect its citizens. Nevermind
Old 04-11-2019, 07:15 AM   #26
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Hey I think ALL Politicians should have to show there tax returns ( It would be Very interesting at least)
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:17 AM   #27
oeb11
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I took a look at your link 26 U.S. Code 6103 and indeed the Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee can gain access to tax returns. However, if they identify the specific taxpayer, they're only supposed to be examined by the committee in "closed excecutive session." I don't see where the Chairman or Committee has the right to make the tax returns public at their own discretion, but if you say that's correct, it's probably correct.

But is this constitutional, in this instance? The purpose of the request can only be to make the president's tax returns public and/or obtain information to go on a fishing expedition to find ammunition for political ends or to prosecute Trump. I'm not a lawyer but suspect that after this winds its way through the courts, the Ways and Means Committee won't get the tax returns. And in any event, being a civil libertarian, I don't believe it's any of their business requesting tax returns of citizens for political and most other purposes.

I wonder if the Democrats have thought this through. For example, the President appears to have the same power to obtain tax records as the Ways and Means Committee. How about he obtains the tax returns of Democratic politicians and Democratic Party campaign contributors and then posts them on the White House web site?

This has the potential to go the way of the filibuster. First the Democrats end it in the Senate for all federal judges except Supreme Court. Then the republicans expand it to the Supreme Court. Next thing you know, one party or the other will end it all together and another check and balance on the system will go away. The issue with the tax returns is arguably worse, as it's an attack on a fundamental right we all should have.

Thank You,Ttiny.

A well reasoned post!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:36 AM   #28
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post

There is an old saying Tiny. " To one who much is given, much is expected". As Nixon said, " People want to know that there President is not a crook"
Old 04-11-2019, 08:00 AM   #29
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
There is an old saying Tiny. " To one who much is given, much is expected". As Nixon said, " People want to know that there President is not a crook"
Good point Mystic. And well stated. You expect full transparency from a president or presidential candidate, and you’re going to favor those who, unlike Trump and perhaps Sanders, fully disclose their tax returns. That’s a reasonable point of view. I’d argue that’s a preference that should be expressed at the voting booth, it shouldn’t be forced by Congress.

Trump does have good personal reasons for not disclosing his returns. Being under audit is not one of them. Having every wannabe forensic accountant poring over his very complicated tax returns is. You’re not going to find any major league businessman who would want his tax returns made public, including ones who have done their very best to comply with tax laws.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:09 AM   #30
eccielover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
So why all of a sudden is tax returns no big deal after 40 years of doing it?
There are lots of bullshit precedents set in the last xx number of years.

Prior to Trump, precedent since the 1950's says a POTUS has previous experience as some sort of elected official. Is that a big deal?

You have to go even further back to find a POTUS before Trump that wasn't either a previous elected official of some sort or a military background. Is that now a big deal?

Trump was an outsider who broke innumerable precedents to get elected in the first place. Why tax returns as the major issue of contention?

It's laughable watching the left squirm to nail Trump.
eccielover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women