Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Louisiana > New Orleans > The Sandbox - New Orleans
test
The Sandbox - New Orleans The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162376
Yssup Rider60212
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48391
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41259
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-09-2015, 09:27 PM   #16
albundy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman68 View Post
yea everyone see low gas and thinks great but don't think about the fact that this is oil area and it effects the economy would rather pay twice as much for gas and have four times the work then have cheap gas and no work
You and me both, brother. This no overtime is annihilating my hobby life.
albundy is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 06:31 PM   #17
1ThickBlond
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2865
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman68 View Post
yea everyone see low gas and thinks great but don't think about the fact that this is oil area and it effects the economy would rather pay twice as much for gas and have four times the work then have cheap gas and no work
I've been wondering and worrying about how the super-low gas prices would affect the economy in Texas and Louisiana. I would much rather go back to paying $4 a gallon than have to worry about how I'm going to pay my bills in the long run.
1ThickBlond is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:00 PM   #18
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

Encounters: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ThickBlond View Post
..... I would much rather go back to paying $4 a gallon than have to worry about how I'm going to pay my bills in the long run.
yup
GlobeSpotter is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:09 AM   #19
David-Louisiana
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1
Default Jobs are going to leave

Rigs are already being stacked, cold stacked. Halliburton and Schlumberger have each announced thousands of layoffs.

Since oil wells are financed, even by the big boys, Indie oil companies are going to go bankrupt if this keeps up for long. Those tight shale wells are at least double the cost to drill as a conventional one.

That's exactly what happened in the mid 80's and many people went broke in Louisiana, especially along Hwy 90 from Laffy to Westbank.
David-Louisiana is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:12 AM   #20
David-Louisiana
Valued Poster

Everyone over 40 from here should remember how bad it was from 84 to 90.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:03 AM   #21
Arverni
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

This won't last forever, the whole problem is caused by the Saudis, who refuse to "stabilize" the price of oil. Their theory is ... they kill off US shale oil AND punish the Russians for intervening in Syria by simply flooding the market for oil.

I DO like what it's dong to the Russians. Pooting can't survive on $40 / barrel oil so FUCK HIM IN THE ASS!

And Saudi's can't KIL shale oil. They can "shelf" it for awhile - but eventually the low prices hurt Saudi too and they have to jack the prices again.
Arverni is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 06:07 AM   #22
April Cox
Account Disabled

User ID: 178285
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arverni View Post
This won't last forever, the whole problem is caused by the Saudis, who refuse to "stabilize" the price of oil. Their theory is ... they kill off US shale oil AND punish the Russians for intervening in Syria by simply flooding the market for oil.

I DO like what it's dong to the Russians. Pooting can't survive on $40 / barrel oil so FUCK HIM IN THE ASS!

And Saudi's can't KIL shale oil. They can "shelf" it for awhile - but eventually the low prices hurt Saudi too and they have to jack the prices again.
This is it, Arverni, nail on the head babe. Intentional ruble crash! OPEC (Saudis). Shale does cost more to produce. The oils companies have had "record high" profits for years, more than they have ever made. I don't see it as dooms day. The most simple law of physics. What goes up, must come down. The commodities market has been a roller coaster since its inception, and will Continue to be. So it was a bubble
April Cox is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 06:40 AM   #23
MrCthulhu
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 14

I know its estimated to last into 2016, but this cycle needs to hurry up and end. A bunch of service supply vessels are currently warm stacked and it's affecting my work. This does not make an Old God happy.
MrCthulhu is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:20 AM   #24
Arverni
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Yeah, I talked to some Chouest guys ... the company is making a lot of cutbacks. They are probably better positioned to handle than most but even still will probably end up doing some layoffs.

I know it sucks. It's happened to me before ... but I just took it as an opportunity to go out and do something else. I came out MUCH better in the end.
Arverni is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:50 AM   #25
David-Louisiana
Valued Poster

Already has ended up with thousands of layoffs. Lafayette is getting slammed hard.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:25 PM   #26
April Cox
Account Disabled

User ID: 178285
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by David-Louisiana View Post
Already has ended up with thousands of layoffs. Lafayette is getting slammed hard.
Not good news, i hope it levels out soon, rocky roads ahead for now it seems.
April Cox is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women