Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60379
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41556
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35932
Mojojo33117

Old 11-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #16
Guest020720
Account Disabled

User ID: 1004
My ECCIE Reviews

Ok. Read the whole thing.
Not much more to say on top of before. Do want to add...if I were involved in hearing anything - in full or part - during that time...I'd welcome stepping down, due to not looking into it further. Just out of respect for those kids. Bless them.

I also feel after reading the victims statements - and men being men (as they are now)...they are NOT going to state much further sexual contact and actually admit he raped them or even if they got to the point of accepting his sexual advances (the fighting back must get old at some point). It's a mental manipulative game, it must be, or they wouldn't have kept going over there.
Guest020720 is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #17
rubberbiscuit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

Joe Pa knew what was going on all the time and like some coaches think they are above the law. He should have kicked this creep to the street and ran to the police. But, no he had to protect the school and his reputation. Right is right and you have a choice.
rubberbiscuit is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #18
Tina Marie
BANNED

User ID: 44946

Staff edit - prohibited topic
Board guideline #2 - Derogatory racial remarks are simply unacceptable, period. Disrespect another's ethnic background and you will most certainly regret it.
Tina Marie is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #19
Guest020720
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

So why was a black girl crying about Joe getting fired?

I don't think this has anything to do with white or black.

And I'm very much a mulit-cultured person. I don't have a single country song on my ipod. ha ha ha
Old 11-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #20
Bloodhound
Lifetime Premium Access

Tina Marie
How in the hell can you make this about white people. Do you not think all races of people can and have done bad things like this?
Bloodhound is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #21
Guest020720
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

@BH - You know, I've not been on the boards all that much the last few months - and if I recall correctly - this is the girl who searches out black men....and complained that there aren't enough of them on here...so on and so forth.

Well, this surely isn't the way to get them to come running to your side.

None of my black friends have brought this up as a white issue at all! Seriously - get over yourself.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #22
txcwby6
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

It's sad that the molestation was witnessed by Mike McQueary who thought to do no more than just "tell someone else" (Paterno) rather than go to the police. Paterno (alias "JoePa") then did the least he could by telling someone else as well. All the time Sandusky worked the poor victims like any child molester would (enforcing their guilt, fear of repercussions, telling them how shameful it would be for their "secret" to get out). By the time he was arrested he'd done enough to warrant FORTY separate charges. Meanwhile, Paterno (alias "JoePa") keeps coaching, likely having forgotten the little "matter" brought to his attention since he'd "passed the thing on up" to someone else. Then, once caught, Paterno didn't even have the decency to quit outright, instead believing he had the "right" to finish out the season. Really? Kudos to the PS Trustees for firing his sorry ass! McQueary has to go too.

Penn State's struggled to get ahead of this. I'm troubled that McQueary hasn't been fired. I understand that there's concerns he's a whistleblower and has some legal protections (all civil) but that's inconsequential if PS is truly interested in doing the right thing; namely putting the victim's/children first and disregarding the financial repercussions that might be visited upon the University. PSU's future and its reputation will now hinge on whether its focus is on preserving the "product" (i.e. the football program and all that money) or the welfare of the victim's. They're gonna get sued until their balls fly off. One more suit by McQueary (who knew and therefore committed the same offense as the other PS employees who knew and did nothing) is trivial. Unfortunately, this is one of those events that requires use of the long knives and the firing of anyone and everyone complicit in the act, coverup or omission to report the crime to law enforcement officials. No time to be delicate.
txcwby6 is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #23
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Former Oklahoma University and Dallas Cowboys coach Barry Switzer says members of the Penn State coaching staff had to be aware of former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky’s alleged behavior.
“Having been in this profession a long time and knowing how close coaching staffs are, I knew that this was a secret that was kept secret. Everyone on that had to have known, the ones that had been around a long time,” Switzer said in an interview with The Oklahoman newspaper.
Former Oklahoma University and Dallas Cowboys coach Barry Switzer says members of the Penn State coaching staff had to be aware of former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky’s alleged behavior. (AP Photo)
Switzer added that others outside the Penn State program had to have known as well.
“You think that a 13-year assistant ... hasn’t told someone else? His wife? His father? People knew. The community knew,” Switzer said.
Switzer said the tragedy of the situation was that no one stepped up to put a stop to Sandusky.
“There are more people culpable than just Joe Paterno and the athletic director. There are so many other people that have thought, ‘I could’ve done something about this, too’ that didn’t come forward. That’s the tragedy of it,” he said.
Switzer said that the university's trustees did the right thing by firing by Paterno on Wednesday night, but added that "there are no winners here.”
A grand jury indicted Sandusky on 40 charges of sexual abuse involving minors.
Switzer was forced to resign from Oklahoma in 1989 after the NCAA placed the football program on probation. The problems that drove Switzer out at OU, however, were nothing like what is going on at Penn State.
The Hall of Fame coach also had sharp words for Penn State students and fans who reacted violently to Paterno's firing.
"These students the other night, I watched 'em occupy State College, and I thought, ‘They don't understand.' If they stopped and thought about ... how many people were involved and knew this and did nothing, they just haven't lived long enough. And what they've done is try to support somebody the university can't support," he said.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...#ixzz1dQcTKSIY
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #24
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

The grand jury findings:

http://www.freep.com/assets/freep/pdf/C4181508116.PDF

Sandusky was a member of the staff in '94 when the first reported incident occurred.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #25
74comet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

tnt---in reality Joe did report this to the police. Schultz (the VP) is in charge of University Park Police Department. How this point has not been brought up is beyond me. Wouldn't you imagine that once you report this to what in essence is the Chief of Police this is being handled properly.
rb---Joe did run to the police the very day he learned about the incident. Unfortunately at that time the scope of the incident was not properly described by McQueary. "Horsing around" does not amply describe what we now know was rape. In addition why didn't the law/police take action back in 1998 when the DA had Sandusky on tape.
Shouldn't the full weight of the legal system pound down or those that had ample opportunity to stop such a monster years ago, ie the DA of Duaphin County.

Is PSU pure as the driven snow? No...Schultz and Curley should have been the center of this investigation of a cover-up as they were the ones who did nothing at all.

Does Joe care about the student body as a whole entity? Who else would have donated what equates to 10 years of salary to the library. Not the weight room, not Beaver Stadium, not the athletic department. He donated over $5,000,000 to the library so that ALL students would benefit from his generosity.

Tina---How in God's name can you in your right mind turn such hideous event into a race issue. Guess this clearly shows who the racist is!
74comet is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #26
74comet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Let me see.....Barry Switzer, the man who let Uzis in the dorms. The man who "didn't know he had a gun" while trying to get through security at DFW. How would he know what was going of with an entire staff if he didn't even know what was in his suitcase. This is they guy that didn't know anything about the "white house" that his players used for partying and the use of drugs while he was head coach! Sure, Barry knew everything that was going on around him.

If he "knew this was a secret" then why didn't he turn Sandusky in? (an absurd statement by me but it is just to show how absurd Barry is).
Remember the dates we are talking about, 1998 to 2002 (and probably later). These dates are important because Jerry Sandusky was no longer on the staff...he retired!

Again I am not defending all of PSU because they (and the police dept) don't have a leg to stand on. It is the witch hunt that irritates me to no end!
74comet is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:29 PM   #27
Guest020720
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I apologize. That was a long report to digest all at once and the disgust of what the actual victims went through was a little shaking. I only read it once. I didn't realize McQueary was the grad student. At the time - he was 28 when he saw them in the showers. When I was 28 years old - I didn't need my mother to tell me the difference between right and wrong behavior with sexual conduct. Hell, I had had two kids by then. I already knew what all kinds of sex was!
He should start looking for an attorney.

74 - you are right. Even after Schultz supposedly retired - he still remained the interim person in charge of campus security/police. But never discussed it with the University Police personnel...not one of them before or after he was full time staffer. (per the report)

I agree - those two monkeys are the ones who should be held accountable...

I can't agree that Jo is innocent. He did take better steps than I thought - by telling his superior - and what must of in some way felt like possible legal action as required by law by school staff...but I worry that it's not the same as contacting the local authorities. Campus authorities and local authorities in my mind are not the same - It may be different on paper - but I'm not digging into that mess tonight.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:39 PM   #28
Guest020720
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Wait - Schultz didn't get involved right away. JoPa called Curley and they had a meeting at his home. Jo wasn't involved in any other meetings after that from what I recall of the documents. Schultz is the VP of finance - and the grand jury found both curley and schultz's testimonies to be non-credible.

I'm sure the fall out for them is about to be tremendous.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:02 AM   #29
Jazzplayer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

JP has 17 grandchildren. I wonder if his actions/memory/follow up would have been different if one of them were seen in the showers with his x defensive coordinator. The students at PSU are young and do not understand the full magnitude of what occurred. The eight who have come forward (my guess if that there will be more) were defenseless kids and will live with this the rest of their time in this earth. You cannot possibly imagine what this has done to them and their families.

It sickens me that people are all upset about not letting JP coach his last game. WTF??? JP has always preached accountability, honestly, and integrity. Ok great, who's accountable here? A lot of people --- including him. Believe me, all the lawsuit money in the world in not going to help those poor kids who were abused. PSU had no choice but to do what they did. Look, JS did not decide one day to start wrestling kids in the shower one day. He is a predator and I am convinced he has left many others in his wake.

The shame these victims feel is overwhelming. When they are old enough to fully realize what has happened to them, many develop harmful habits (drugs, alcohol) to help them cope. It is truly devasting.

You would think that after the scandle with the Catholic Church that would have jogged the memory of a lot of people at PSU. They are nothing more than Hippocrates.

OSU went down for some jerseys and tattoos. I did not go to OSU nor am I a fan. But this was and is truly incredible. I wonder how people would feel if one of those kids was a family member....oh yeah, let the great JP coach...I doubt it.
Jazzplayer is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:50 AM   #30
Guest020720
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

@Jazz...did you see the Daily Show clip - he did exactly what you mentioned and compared it to the Catholic Church scandal.

I have two questions for you - since you seem to have a more tender spot for the children involved. (not that we don't - you've voiced it more it seems.)

In your opionion:
1. Do you think that many of the boys are not going to fully admit the length that the coach went to during his sexual abuse - particularly on record with the news media all over this (and with hounds probably able to sniff out who they are at one point in time or another)? I mean - if any of us put ourselves in a young man's place, and feel we need to say just enough to hang the man without publishing every ounce of our private humiliation - does that help connect to what I think may have happened?

2. It said that this chester molester has several adopted children. Do you think any of them have had this experience in their lives and are just too afraid to speak up? Especially in the whirlwind of all this - they might feel guilt because due to their not speaking up, more and more kids were also abused?

Just speculation. Not quite facts, you know?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women