Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70793
biomed163180
Yssup Rider60840
gman4453287
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48632
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42515
CryptKicker37215
The_Waco_Kid36939
Mokoa36496
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 10-09-2023, 01:53 PM   #16
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Sigh

Look up dna of the first peoples/nations or Indigenous people of the America's. The DNA proves who the first people's descended from. From the bering straights all the way to the tip of South America. But who cares. Both them And their descendants
should be celebrated today on indigenous peoples day.
Columbus day has really become a faux holiday. And to many a horrible reminder of his deeds and the travesties that followed after
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 01:54 PM   #17
Jacuzzme
Premium Access

Encounters: 43

I think Elmo should give an indian family his house, to assuage his white guilt.

Is there anyone on the planet not currently living somewhere, anywhere, that wasn’t once controlled by some other group? US settlers didn’t steal jack shit. The entire continent was a fucking forest, occupied only by a smattering of groups whose favorite activity was killing each other for sport.
Jacuzzme is online now   Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 02:14 PM   #18
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
I think Elmo should give an indian family his house, to assuage his white guilt.

Is there anyone on the planet not currently living somewhere, anywhere, that wasn’t once controlled by some other group? US settlers didn’t steal jack shit. The entire continent was a fucking forest, occupied only by a smattering of groups who’s favorite activity was killing each other for sport.
Indeed !!!

Any and all those celebrating the made up leftist bullshit indigenous peoples day should give up their land and homes !!! Back up your words with actions. Or are they just all talk ?

I myself will continue to join those proud Americans who give thanks today that Christopher Columbus explored westward to the Americas, paving the way to the creation of the greatest, freest, most prosperous nation in history (at least until the crazy ass leftists started working to destroy it from within).
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 09:58 AM   #19
tommy156
Premium Access

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
I instead celebrate Indigenous Peoples day today instead. If people want to celebrate an elitist racist fraud that's fine. History has shown Columbus did not discover America.
Yep. And they love to celebrate it. Kinda explains a lot about today's political climate too.
tommy156 is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 06:27 PM   #20
DNinja69
Valued Poster

The OP has provided a great example of a current method of 'celebration' that I find pervasive in social media content. We could choose to celebrate something but often the direction we take is to lash out. For me I don't spend much energy trying to demonize the sins of past eras for individuals when the behavior was considered appropriate for the era.

Who owned slaves or not had a lot to do with where you were born or lived. The atrocities that Native Americans faced were disgusting examples of what humans can do when we believe one person's worth is less than another. For those who cheer the OP here I would offer that we can choose a different path. It is possible to support one side without trying to demonize the other. For anyone who appreciates Columbus Day that does not equate to wanting scalps as trophies and for those who do not like the holiday it is possible to direct that angst towards not repeating sins of the past and in the process maybe we could all be better citizens.

That is what the left and right make up. A nation. Divided. If my words do not add up as you read them all good to each their own opinion but if you believe our current approach is working and not in need of a course correction I would like to know what is in your water bottle it must be some really good stuff!
DNinja69 is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 08:47 PM   #21
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNinja69 View Post
The OP has provided a great example of a current method of 'celebration' that I find pervasive in social media content. We could choose to celebrate something but often the direction we take is to lash out. For me I don't spend much energy trying to demonize the sins of past eras for individuals when the behavior was considered appropriate for the era.

Who owned slaves or not had a lot to do with where you were born or lived. The atrocities that Native Americans faced were disgusting examples of what humans can do when we believe one person's worth is less than another. For those who cheer the OP here I would offer that we can choose a different path. It is possible to support one side without trying to demonize the other. For anyone who appreciates Columbus Day that does not equate to wanting scalps as trophies and for those who do not like the holiday it is possible to direct that angst towards not repeating sins of the past and in the process maybe we could all be better citizens.

That is what the left and right make up. A nation. Divided. If my words do not add up as you read them all good to each their own opinion but if you believe our current approach is working and not in need of a course correction I would like to know what is in your water bottle it must be some really good stuff!

WTF, are you trying to make sense of what's posted here?

Acceptance is weakness, for both sides.

Finding a path is easy when you are hunting deer, really.

Finding a path in the current political environment, not so easy.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 08:49 PM   #22
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

I'm not saying a political solution to improve our country is impossible, just unlikely.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 10:02 PM   #23
DNinja69
Valued Poster

For sure so long as we wage war against 'the other side' as people I agree not much improvement coming. While our founders certainly understood that personal wealth and power would factor in to who would seek office but I doubt they envisioned the riches and status that today leads to billions being spent to fill a position that does not even pay seven figures a year.

Columbus was of a violent period in our history with no real form of law enforcement while today we are often just as barbaric and ruthless. I don't think we see it our lifetime but a major course correction is inevitable when it comes to the US being a world power.
DNinja69 is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 05:40 AM   #24
Jacuzzme
Premium Access

The people in Columbus’s world were pikers in cruelty compared to the “indigenous people” they ran into in the new world. Not to mention a few thousand rungs behind on the evolutionary ladder. Left to their own devices, they’d be murdering, raping and enslaving rival factions and digging a hole to shit in to this day.

At what point does someone become “indigenous” anyways? 10 minutes before white Europeans showed up? Tracing one’s roots back 400 years to The Mayflower doesn’t count?
Jacuzzme is online now   Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 10:41 AM   #25
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

I celebrated Lief Eriksson Day.

It's a dumb argument and proof that some folks will defend "their history" even when it's false just to poke others.
HDGristle is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women