Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70764
biomed163044
Yssup Rider60668
gman4453279
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48597
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42388
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36792
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 10-19-2024, 05:43 PM   #16
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
did i? show me in either article what i "lied" about .. or that you aren't?

noncompliance has nothing to do with Phillips closing the plant. they see a far left Kalifornica government led by Newsom "at war" with the fossil fuel industry and they are leaving.
Reread the postings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmstud60 View Post
If you believe a politician knows anything or could write a regulation to solve that issue you are really clueless about how business works.

Government regulations for the most part cost more than any economic gain the provide.
Hell, if they could do that, they would write themselves out of a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGristle View Post
By putting it into storage while the refinery is offline, is that not a double hit to supply?
I wouldn't know but how the hell would they put it in storage if the plant kept going off line?!

Seeing as Cali is the home of CARB (California Air Resource Board, mother of clean air) they gesticulate in the state government halls about making the air beautiful.

And it is possible. With coal and refining plants.

But as stated, I would venture to guess that near a 100% of such plants in the USA (don't quote me on that) are grandfathered or could use significant upgrades.
When was the last time a brand new power plant or refinery built? I tell you the technology has been on the books for a long time to make a clean coal plant and refinery.

Maybe the Cali guv is trying to get/force one made.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2024, 06:07 PM   #17
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
I made no reference to that.
Only to your lie of "noncompliance has nothing to do with it."

Clearly you lied.

if you say so

Quote:
Reread the postings.

But as stated, I would venture to guess that near a 100% of such plants in the USA (don't quote me on that) are grandfathered or could use significant upgrades.
When was the last time a brand new power plant or refinery built? I tell you the technology has been on the books for a long time to make a clean coal plant and refinery.

Maybe the Cali guv is trying to get/force one made.

maybe his toxic climate crap is forcing these companies to leave?
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2024, 06:31 PM   #18
Laugh-riot
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
Just in case no one has been paying attention….people and industries have leaving California in droves. The only people coming in are Uhaul returns.

Really? In the last 10 years California has lost 1.89% of it's population move out vs move in. Is that "droves" in your dictionary?

Just more anecdotal bullshit from people that don't read, don't quantify and only know what they hear on newsmax or their echo chambers.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?
Laugh-riot is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2024, 06:44 PM   #19
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

Quote:
I wouldn't know but how the hell would they put it in storage if the plant kept going off line?!
It would be, because they would have to pull gas out of the market in the leadup to the shutdown. So, that drives up cost and then holds it until its producing again after planned maintenance.

Don't pretend that the refinery was down all the time. It wasn't.
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2024, 06:52 PM   #20
Pistolpete
Registered Member

Default Not an Oklahoma Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Phillips is based in Oklahoma.

And as we all know, the reason Texas and California haven’t both drifted off into the ocean is that OKLAHOMA REALLY SUCKS.

105 year old refinery has likely been noncompliant with safety and environmental refs for so long it made more sense to shutter it than to fix it.

Of course. OP knows that.
Phillips is not based in Oklahoma, at one time yes, but corporate HQ is at Beltway 8 and Westhaimer.

They conveniently announced the closure on the same day there was a $605 million judgement against the company (Possible treble damages).
Pistolpete is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2024, 08:22 PM   #21
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

If the refinery was worth keeping open it would be. I doubt that putting in fuel storage near a refinery would break the bank.

Phillips 66's Los Angeles-area refinery closure not due to new California regulations

Phillips 66 has decided to shut its 139,000 b/d Wilmington, California in 4Q 2025 because of changing market fundamentals, not because of recently passed regulations on the states refining sector, the company said Oct. 17.

“This decision is not related to the recent bill signing. We want to continue to be a trusted and deliberate partner with the state. This announcement is based on consideration of multiple factors, including future options for the site as part of Phillips 66's ongoing review of its portfolio of assets," said Phillips 66 spokesperson Al Ortiz in an email.

Read the full story here: https://www.spglobal.com/commodityin...ations-company
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM   #22
eyecu2
Valued Poster

Encounters: 82

I think you've all missed the spirit of what Gavin Newsome's comments were about.

It had more to do with price gouging, then production or quantity. And which one of you economic gurus, would think that an oil company that sells gasoline would ever leave the great state of California with more cars per capita than anywhere else, and more driving miles per capita than anywhere else. What moron would leave a cash cow like California without gasoline?

The answer is they won't.

If it's ConocoPhillips, or BP, or any other gasoline purveyor, someone will come in and supply the gas that's required on the West Coast. Thinking anything else just demonstrates your lack of understanding of the law of supply and demand
eyecu2 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women