Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 276
George Spelvin 266
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70743
biomed162816
Yssup Rider60510
gman4453249
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48506
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41948
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36336
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #16
LazurusLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

mar6.

Joe's Muffler in Adddison is the only place I would ever suggest for that sort of work. Many times a replacement cat that one shop wants to install is way more than you need and Joe's can get after market and remanufactured cats at a fraction of the price that no one else can come close to meeting.

The shop is on Addison Rd and right by that car wash. As was once common around small shops, they are "good ol' boys' there who don't rip anyone off. AND stand behind anything they do.

Speaking of "good ol' boys", if you ever need alternator or starter work, Richardson Generator and Alternator at Greenville and Main (Beltline) has been around for years, they do work like that for about half what most places charge and also stand by their work. If your alternator goes out, they can rebuild it on site and insure it works as good or better than new. I've had them work on my ski boat starter and alternator in the past along with sending friends there for almost 20 years now. Very solid shop.
LazurusLong is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:14 AM   #17
cheatercheater
Prowler

Encounters: 71

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/index.htm

Dallas is still part of a dual testing program. They will plug in to your OBD or on board diagnostics as well as do a tail pipe test on any vehicle more than 2 years old.

There are certain waivers that can be granted such as low income and extended grace periods are allowed in some circumstances.

Starting with 1968 vehicles, a visual inspection of the required emissions systems on the car will be checked regardless of antique classification.

If you get stopped and the inspection sticker is checked for validity, you will wish you had invested the money to have the vehicle repaired and legitimately pass an inspection. As some have mentioned, there are inexpensive items that can cause a failure.

I am not as versed on passenger vehicles as I once was but do have my current inspector certification that I use solely for inspecting semi trailers for a manufacturer/repair company.

If you have a sticker from any of the counties that require emissions testing on your windshield and you attempt to get an inspection in a non emissions testing county, you will be asked for proof of residency. Either your drivers license or a utility bill will suffice. If you claim you just moved and don't have your first bill and haven't changed your drivers license, you will be required to sign an official form stating that you are in fact a resident of the county in which you are seeking inspection.
cheatercheater is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #18
Diver Down
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 6

I used to know a guy that owned a muffler shop in a bad part of town and did inspections. He would always park his truck outside of his bay door and if an inspection had too high emissions, he would start up his truck and put the tester probe in his tailpipe and rerun the test.
Had to keep the locals happy. Sad part is he was a part time cop.....
Diver Down is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:08 AM   #19
borderboy
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 9

If your vehicle can pass a safety inspection but not an emission test, here is how to get the sticker without laying out "facilitation" fee:

For this to work your sticker needs to be about to expire or expired. You go to a county outside of Dallas where an emission test is not required, only the inspection is done. You tell them you are from out of town and are staying there for work, and you will not be back to Dallas in at least a month. They will have you sign an affidavit stating that you will get the emission test done as soon as you go back to Dallas, and proceed ahead with your vehicle inspection. This affidavit is only filed in their shop and releases them of any legal action, but you will have no problem.
borderboy is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #20
safire_sweet
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1092
My ECCIE Reviews

Hey Girl,

I suggest you go to auto zone and get a free OBC check to see what is broken and how much it would cost to fix before ignoring problems with your vehicle that could cause harm...

good luck

Safire Sweet
safire_sweet is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #21
dollar14
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Safire...+1 on that.your a smart woman.
dollar14 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women