Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60382
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41569
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35954
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 12-15-2014, 11:49 AM   #16
Wheretonow
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
I suggest you do some research before you describe "Colleen" (Colin) Powell as a positive role model... he is very liberal, which judging from the other things you have said, is not "positive"... did you hear his speech at the Republican National Convention in 2008? I was on the floor laughing so hard, it was as good a liberal democratic speech as I had ever heard.. furthermore, Powell apologized for lying to Congress about the threat Iraq/Saddam Hussein posed.. he was simply a shill for the Bush Administration, spouting their position, which was not his.. I find it freaking funny how "Conservatives" hold up Powell as one of them..
My sincerest apologies to General Powell for misspelling his first name. He seems a decent man who worked hard and achieved much. Unfortunately for him and many other highly accomplished blacks, their accomplishments are tainted by affirmative action programs that make it appear that they received preferential treatment.
Wheretonow is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:54 AM   #17
Roger.Smith
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheretonow View Post
I see your point that these were laws enacted to correct white injustices, but the injustices were also corrected by whites.

These laws were resisted by violence, Jim Crow laws, poll taxes, etc. But these facts are often stated without recognizing that "the angels of our better virtues" prevailed.

There are many, many problems that exist in the black community that cry out for black leaders to address in a civil manner. One that would most likely attract enthusiastic white support.

Instead the networks continue to air Sharpton and Jackson, whose sole purpose is to perpetuate racial discontent. Unfortunately they now have Obama and Holder as allies.
Who owns and runs the networks that Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson are featured on? That's the problem when bigots don't think things through. Bigots can't see people as individuals. They only see groups and base superiority/inferiority on belonging to a certain group. You're nobody dude, if you died tomorrow the world would keep spinning unaffected. You're not someone that has shaped the world in any meaningful way. Trying to claim you have some importance because you share skin color with the people you did make a difference is ridiculous. You're just some guy behind a keyboard airing out thinly - veiled hatreds.

No one is superior to any based on the level of melanin their bodies produce. Superiority is based on the talents and achievements of the individual.
Roger.Smith is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #18
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
My sincerest apologies to General Powell for misspelling his first name. He seems a decent man who worked hard and achieved much. Unfortunately for him and many other highly accomplished blacks, their accomplishments are tainted by affirmative action programs that make it appear that they received preferential treatment.

General Powell is an accomplished military man, and the Republicans seized upon that to recruit him as one of their own... a black military guy was just the spokesman the Republicans needed, circa 2001-2003... he was used.. the Republicans often talk about the blacks in the party.. Powell, Rice, Carson... they are spoken of in reverential terms, yet none of them get far in Politics.. remember JC Watts? he's already disappeared, but was touted as Presidential material after he barely won a Congressional seat.. rubbish..

I think Powell used his platform at the 2008 Convention, to sting the Republicans, after they had used him, and misrepresented him before the public.. many jaws were left wide-open after that speech.

and BTW, Powell is one of the biggest affirmative-action promoters there is..
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #19
Wheretonow
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger.Smith View Post
Who owns and runs the networks that Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson are featured on? That's the problem when bigots don't think things through. Bigots can't see people as individuals. They only see groups and base superiority/inferiority on belonging to a certain group. You're nobody dude, if you died tomorrow the world would keep spinning unaffected. You're not someone that has shaped the world in any meaningful way. Trying to claim you have some importance because you share skin color with the people you did make a difference is ridiculous. You're just some guy behind a keyboard airing out thinly - veiled hatreds.

No one is superior to any based on the level of melanin their bodies produce. Superiority is based on the talents and achievements of the individual.

Wow, Roger, why don't you say what you really think about me (and apparently white people in general)?

I don't think there's anything about my skin color that makes me superior to anyone else. I also have traveled extensively, spent 22 years in the military, had my life saved by a black man at great risk to himself, and have many friends of many different ethnic groups.

And you're right - if I died tomorrow the world and its ultimate future would be unaffected. Just like you.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #20
Roger.Smith
Valued Poster

Quote:

Wow, Roger, why don't you say what you really think about me (and apparently white people in general)?

I don't think there's anything about my skin color that makes me superior to anyone else. I also have traveled extensively, spent 22 years in the military, had my life saved by a black man at great risk to himself, and have many friends of many different ethnic groups.

And you're right - if I died tomorrow the world and its ultimate future would be unaffected. Just like you.
I was just speaking you and you alone. My post was explicitly clear in being directed at you and on focused in the individual heavily. With my dad and 3 grandparents being white, I have no problem with white people being 3/4 white myself. That was a poor deflection attempt a failed call to arms for other bigots. I just gave my opinion that your views are ignorant and repugnant.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:45 PM   #21
Wheretonow
Valued Poster

Quote:
I was just speaking you and you alone. My post was explicitly clear in being directed at you and on focused in the individual heavily. With my dad and 3 grandparents being white, I have no problem with white people being 3/4 white myself. That was a poor deflection attempt a failed call to arms for other bigots. I just gave my opinion that your views are ignorant and repugnant.
I'm pretty sure that stating a list of facts doesn't make me a bigot. Apparently the problem is you can't handle the truth.

I pretty much agree with C. S. Lewis:

"We may kill if necessary, but we must not hate and enjoy hating. We may punish if necessary, but we must not enjoy it… Even while we kill and punish we must try to feel about the enemy as we feel about ourselves – to wish that he were not so bad, to hope that he may, in this world or another, be cured: in fact, to wish his good. This is what is meant in the Bible by loving him: wishing his good, not feeling fond of him nor saying he is nice when he is not."
Old 12-15-2014, 12:59 PM   #22
Frique-Me
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
+1
Frique-Me is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #23
Frique-Me
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that stating a list of facts doesn't make me a bigot. Apparently the problem is you can't handle the truth.

I pretty much agree with C. S. Lewis:

"We may kill if necessary, but we must not hate and enjoy hating. We may punish if necessary, but we must not enjoy it… Even while we kill and punish we must try to feel about the enemy as we feel about ourselves – to wish that he were not so bad, to hope that he may, in this world or another, be cured: in fact, to wish his good. This is what is meant in the Bible by loving him: wishing his good, not feeling fond of him nor saying he is nice when he is not."
For the sake of clarity, Who's the enemy??
Frique-Me is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:26 PM   #24
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
I see your point that these were laws enacted to correct white injustices, but the injustices were also corrected by whites.

These laws were resisted by violence, Jim Crow laws, poll taxes, etc. But these facts are often stated without recognizing that "the angels of our better virtues" prevailed.

There are many, many problems that exist in the black community that cry out for black leaders to address in a civil manner. One that would most likely attract enthusiastic white support.

Instead the networks continue to air Sharpton and Jackson, whose sole purpose is to perpetuate racial discontent. Unfortunately they now have Obama and Holder as allies.
I think you make excellent points here, and should continue to counteract the lopsided and inaccurate mentality existing in an America that simultaneously hates white men and yet ascribes "white privilege" to them!
"Affirmative action privilege" is getting on up to fifty years and still going strong.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:52 PM   #25
Alastair
Valued Poster

I think the OP speaks to the frustrations many white people feel. That is people who just want to live their life and not bother anyone else. It was always going to be a matter of time before white people got sick of being treated (as a race) like colonial monsters. Black people may not like white people crossing the street the other way when they see you coming, but imagine being told your whole life that your ancestors are nothing but murderers, slave owners and land thieves.

I never understood that mentality anyway. And yet for all the Al Sharptons and Jesse Jacksons of the world constantly making it worse - blame white guilt for letting it get out of hand. And by "out of hand" I'm talking about racial quotas in colleges, diversity pressures on businesses, etc.

I believe institutional racism might've been eradicated a long time ago if the issue wasn't forced on people and made into the constant, unsolvable issue that it is. A professor once told me "discrimination is the cornerstone of freedom." It's about choice.
Alastair is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 03:59 PM   #26
Luke Skywalker
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56

I'm white.... And ashamed. The OPs and the poster above thoughts discusts me.

You're entitled to your thoughts / opinions. I'm entitled to mine.
Luke Skywalker is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 04:28 PM   #27
Roger.Smith
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
I think the OP speaks to the frustrations many white people feel. That is people who just want to live their life and not bother anyone else. It was always going to be a matter of time before white people got sick of being treated (as a race) like colonial monsters. Black people may not like white people crossing the street the other way when they see you coming, but imagine being told your whole life that your ancestors are nothing but murderers, slave owners and land thieves.

I never understood that mentality anyway. And yet for all the Al Sharptons and Jesse Jacksons of the world constantly making it worse - blame white guilt for letting it get out of hand. And by "out of hand" I'm talking about racial quotas in colleges, diversity pressures on businesses, etc.

I believe institutional racism might've been eradicated a long time ago if the issue wasn't forced on people and made into the constant, unsolvable issue that it is. A professor once told me "discrimination is the cornerstone of freedom." It's about choice.
It's ultra naive to think institutionalized racism will go away if people just stop talking about it. The OP's logic is idiotic. He might as well start a thread talking about how Native Americans should be grateful for what's been done for them. The OP probably thinks that if rapes a woman, she should thank him for the courtesy of calling a cab afterwards.

If someone thinks you owe them an apology for something that happened centuries ago that neither one of you were involved in, they're stupid. You're also stupid letting it get to you. Never once in my life have I thought, "Man, I don't know how I can live my life with all these black people treating me like a colonial monster". I've been called names, but I've been called names by a lot of people of different backgrounds. Black or white, some people are idiots and carry around meaningless baggage.

People are individuals, not groups. It's a concept bigots worldwide have trouble grasping. Institutionalized racism/sexism/bigotry/hatred is a legitimate complaint. Some people have an irrational hate in their hearts that they fully embrace. It's cowardice that stops them from owning it publicly.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:37 PM   #28
Luke Skywalker
Valued Poster

Quote:
It's ultra naive to think institutionalized racism will go away if people just stop talking about it. The OP's logic is idiotic. He might as well start a thread talking about how Native Americans should be grateful for what's been done for them. The OP probably thinks that if rapes a woman, she should thank him for the courtesy of calling a cab afterwards.

If someone thinks you owe them an apology for something that happened centuries ago that neither one of you were involved in, they're stupid. You're also stupid letting it get to you. Never once in my life have I thought, "Man, I don't know how I can live my life with all these black people treating me like a colonial monster". I've been called names, but I've been called names by a lot of people of different backgrounds. Black or white, some people are idiots and carry around meaningless baggage.

People are individuals, not groups. It's a concept bigots worldwide have trouble grasping. Institutionalized racism/sexism/bigotry/hatred is a legitimate complaint. Some people have an irrational hate in their hearts that they fully embrace. It's cowardice that stops them from owning it publicly.
Too many words RS.,. But I think this is the first time I agree with you.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #29
Wheretonow
Valued Poster

Quote:

People are individuals, not groups. It's a concept bigots worldwide have trouble
grasping. Institutionalized racism/sexism/bigotry/hatred is a legitimate complaint. Some people have an irrational hate in their hearts that they fully embrace. It's cowardice that stops them from owning it publicly.

Your ad holmium attacks on any post that disagrees with your Sharptonian race baiting beliefs displays a sad lack of any meaningful knowledge of the subject you try to disparage.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:51 PM   #30
Luke Skywalker
Valued Poster

And your racist views are disgusting in my opinion.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women