Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > The Sandbox - Upstate New York
test
The Sandbox - Upstate New York The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70769
biomed163089
Yssup Rider60734
gman4453284
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48612
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42424
CryptKicker37205
The_Waco_Kid36849
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-30-2016, 10:25 PM   #16
Guest072118
Account Disabled

User ID: 275902
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijin1969 View Post
Necessary when ya have an old car and do some of the work yourself.

For today's excitement, just left for work and the MR2 (the Toyota!) decided to buck, kick and generally sound like it was gonna throw a piston. Closer examination and it may be transmission related. (Throw out bearing perhaps?) Fun wow. Its at a shop now, and I spent the afternoon getting the XR2 ready to take me to work tomorrow. (The Toyota and Mercury were going to change places in the garage anyways, but today's events made that decision for me.)
Yup, I Love some of the build threads.

My first 'loan' car at 18 was a Mercury capri! LOL. I had the two door convertible. It was the coolest at 18 with my friends in the convertible! haha

Mine current is not old but Im a total car geek and go to shows/meets so I keep up on the forums. Ha ha. I love the car scene. I also learn about mods there, etc. Im more into tuners/classics over muscle.

I just did one recently in Roch. Part just car geeks part charity.(food donations). They left with three car loads of food to donate! I came with a trunk full. It was great! Picked up some fun car swag too.
Guest072118 is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:31 PM   #17
gaijin1969
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleW View Post
My first 'loan' car at 18 was a Mercury capri! LOL. I had the two door convertible. It was the coolest at 18 with my friends in the convertible! haha

Mine current is not old but Im a total car geek and go to shows/meets so I keep up on the forums. Ha ha. I love the car scene. I also learn about mods there, etc. Im more into tuners/classics over muscle.

I just did one recently in Roch. Part just car geeks part charity.(food donations). They left with three car loads of food to donate! I came with a trunk full. It was great! Picked up some fun car swag too.
Shoot me a PM about that group I would've made the drive.

Yeah, 18 with a convertible Capri? Not bad LOL was it a turbo stick? I put new pipes I had a kid in Minnesota weld up for me, cat delete and Flowmaster can and it sounds sweet when I get on it and the turbo spools up

I'm a car geek, just recently into tuners tho. Used to all be V8s, but I'm appreciating RPMs more and more

Still, I can't deny that my V6 Fiero with a comp cam sounds so good and V8 like (for the size of the car) it's hardly a muscle car, but so satisfying to drive. Hope I get her back on the road next year.
gaijin1969 is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:35 PM   #18
gaijin1969
Valued Poster

Quote:

I wrecked the GT two weeks before the GM Nationals at Carlisle. I wasn't able to go, but the folks felt terrible and sent me the tshirt anyways LOL It wouldn't have won, but would've been lined up with 50 other Fieros and would've been a sight to behold and a good time
Old 12-01-2016, 10:03 AM   #19
Guest072118
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

It was a stick but not the turbo, they had a lease deal at the time. Most cars Ive owned are a stick. More fun to drive, a cheaper fix, downshift if brakes go(just had that happen recently, my caliper blew off while driving!) and pop start on a dead battery! LOL
Old 12-01-2016, 03:54 PM   #20
lickidyclit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

So anyway, have any of you car buffs heard of or driven/owned a Renault Fuego turbo or am I the only true peculiar car buff? Humm, maybe I am just peculiar! I have always driven high end/exotic vehicles, Jaguar's Porsche's, corvettes, etc until 3 years ago when I finally acquired my dream car, an 03 Saturn Ion,5 speed turbo, ( just the model has, no turbo on the engine) how's that for peculiar? Got it strictly to tow behind my motor home, but I love the little turd, have no desire for anything else, yep I am peculiar!
lickidyclit is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 06:00 PM   #21
gaijin1969
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickidyclit View Post
So anyway, have any of you car buffs heard of or driven/owned a Renault Fuego turbo or am I the only true peculiar car buff?
Ha! Interesting read

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/battle-of-the-winter-beaters-1983-renault-fuego-16-turbo-page-2

A quote: Ah, yes, la Régie nationale des usines Renault's Porsche 928 for the masses. Two doors, four seats, a north-south 1565cc turbocharged four-cylinder huffing up 107 horsepower, and a body shaped like a walrus with gas. I had to have one.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:19 PM   #22
jokacz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

I remember the Renault Fuego when they were being marketed through AMC/Jeep dealers. They would rust away in the lot before anyone would buy one.
jokacz is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:36 PM   #23
gaijin1969
Valued Poster

Another quote....
The body was at sea, floating on the corpses of its long-dead shocks. It steered through clattering ball joints enjoying the freedom afforded by at least a half-inch of play.

Man they used to write good articles LOL
Old 12-01-2016, 07:38 PM   #24
gaijin1969
Valued Poster

Quote:
It was a stick but not the turbo, they had a lease deal at the time. Most cars Ive owned are a stick. More fun to drive, a cheaper fix, downshift if brakes go(just had that happen recently, my caliper blew off while driving!) and pop start on a dead battery! LOL
My high school vehicle was a 3/4 ton 72 GMC truck. (Wish I still had it!) Without a good incline, it'd take a few of us to push start that beast when the starter died lol
Old 12-02-2016, 12:03 AM   #25
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
snow tire
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:58 PM   #26
rooster
Sick up and fed....

Encounters: 12

Quote:
....Did I mention no one should buy a Fiero thinking it's good, cheap transportation? That goes for all old cars, they're for fun only....
True dat. I assume you are speaking mostly about reliability. But safety needs to be considered too. True, newer cars may not have the personality or mojo of some of these old beaters, but they have things no one should be without like anti-lock brakes, airbags, traction control, etc. A friend of mine bought his teenage daughter an old Mustang for a present! It doesn't even have fucking shoulder harnesses! My kid ain't allowed to ride in it.

rooster is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 01:39 PM   #27
gaijin1969
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster View Post
A friend of mine bought his teenage daughter an old Mustang for a present! It doesn't even have fucking shoulder harnesses! My kid ain't allowed to ride in it.

Yeah an old mustang w/o shoulder belts are not good starter cars. My adult kids can buy what they want, but their first cars had antilock brakes and airbags.

I'm amazed any of us survived tho they way people can overreact now. For instance I had a RWD car once and my Dad was going on and on about how I'd miss work cuz they're terrible in the snow. I had to remind him of the 77 LTD II we had that I learned to drive in.... and asked him how many days he missed work driving that back in the day. He admitted none LOL still, you do need to know your car and how it handles and drives in the snow. I personally hate modern traction control at stop lights.... cutting power. Ugh. First thing I have to do is turn the damn thing off. When trying to get moving I find it useless. Sometimes you want a bit of wheel spin to dig thru the snot and get down to pavement. Can come in handy on black ice tho when at speed tho.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:43 PM   #28
Guest072323
Valued Poster

Encounters: 123

Quote:
Sometimes you want a bit of wheel spin to dig thru the snot and get down to pavement. Can come in handy on black ice tho when at speed tho.
Did you just say SNOTT????
Guest072323 is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:50 PM   #29
gaijin1969
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulwantsya View Post
Did you just say SNOTT????
2 pages of car crap, and that's the one word you pick out? HA!
Old 12-03-2016, 10:09 PM   #30
Guest072118
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Lick all is well if it corners like its on rails. Im personally more into suspension, etc and how its gonna stick taking a corner at 70 over just driving fast. And I love me some spool and rumble.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women