Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162476
Yssup Rider60311
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41454
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35803
Mojojo33117

Old 07-01-2018, 07:51 AM   #16
dallasfan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

My hunger got the best of me and I made a late night dash to el tacaso Last night. After fighting through the homeless lining the sidewalk I ordered 2 beef, 2 pork and a barbacoa.
Pretty dang good. I preferred the beef and barbacoa over the pork. Decent size about same as el paisa. Busy as hell but everyone was cool.
dallasfan is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:09 AM   #17
CG2014
Premium Access

Encounters: 104
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasfan View Post
My hunger got the best of me and I made a late night dash to el tacaso Last night. After fighting through the homeless lining the sidewalk I ordered 2 beef, 2 pork and a barbacoa.
Pretty dang good. I preferred the beef and barbacoa over the pork. Decent size about same as el paisa. Busy as hell but everyone was cool.
I agree.

For $1.50 each they are pretty good.

I haven't had the barbacoa in a while.

That's beef cheek, isn't it?

What time did you get there?

I was there Wednesday morning around 3 and no one's around.

No homeless bums either.

But maybe because it was Wednesday and not Saturday to Sunday.

I was in and out in no time and you can call your to go order ahead pf time 469-335-9055.
CG2014 is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:23 AM   #18
dallasfan
Valued Poster

Around 11. They had to finally chase them away. One was setting up camp for the night and peeps were tripping over him. Lol
Old 07-01-2018, 03:19 PM   #19
CG2014
Premium Access

You went early.

By the late night early morning, they begged their shares of money and bought their shares of alcohol and drugs and are somewhere else passed out.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:15 PM   #20
ElBombero
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Taco Hut at bus 121 and 35 is good.
ElBombero is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:44 PM   #21
dentonseek
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

I'm a fan of TGS - Taco Grande on Lombardi off Harry Hines...who else is a Taco Vendor with a car wash, a beer store, corn lady, and they do taxes in the back....I like their Salsa Verde better and they have grilled onions which makes the taco taste much better.
dentonseek is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:31 PM   #22
dallasfan
Valued Poster

Not a lot of options in north dfw. May have to check out taco hut next time i’m up that way.

Taco alley (Harry Hines) seems to have more taco places per square mile than anywhere in the world.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:10 PM   #23
CG2014
Premium Access

How about Fajitas?

Who has good beef fajitas?

First, Fajitas is supposed to be the skirt steak part of the cow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skirt_steak

But now, any kind of beef, chicken, pork thats cooked on a grill over an open fire and then cut into strips and served with tortillas is named fajitas.

I am looking for a place that still uses the skirt steak.

I have been to many restaurant in DFW area: Pappasito's (they gotten too big, prices keep going up by a dollar or a dollar and a half every couple of months, quality and service going down), Mi Cocina, Chuy's, La Hacienda, Uncle Julio's, Blue Goose, Mena's in Carrolton, Gabriela & Sofia’s, Mia's on Lemmon, Manny's Uptown, Rafa's Cafe, Anamia's, Bandito's in Snider Plaza, etc

Some of these are supposedly the best in Dallas according to online reviews and results when searching for best fajitas in Dallas and I went to try them but NOPE,

poor service, some use questionable cut of beef (even if it's not skirt steak, at least use some quality beef especially when a beef fajita plate is $20-26 average), high prices for little portions and definitely NONE of them are skirt steak!
Old 07-02-2018, 10:40 PM   #24
Shep3.0
Premium Access

Encounters: 224

OMG Tacos is pretty good. I thinks it's Viet owned but they do a good job in Richardson.
Shep3.0 is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:59 AM   #25
CG2014
Premium Access

Exclamation

I was at the grocery store the other day and at the butcher counter in the fresh meat glass cases, they had fajita meat that was already marinated and sold loosely by the lb.

I asked the butcher what cut of beef it was. Is it skirt steak?

He said it was thinly sliced sirloin.

No thanks.

I guess no one uses skirt steak anymore.

You only get so little from one cow and there is not enough of it to meet demand even when we slaughter 39 millions cows in the USA alone each year.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:58 PM   #26
likydsplit
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 20

El piasanonos off Harry Hines. Hands down best in Texas.
likydsplit is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 06:45 PM   #27
CG2014
Premium Access

This is the fajitas for one I was served at Pappasito's last week.

I don't know what cut of meat it was but it was tough and it was definitely not skirt steak.

For $35 with tax plus tip, they could had used a better quality cut of beef.

I sent it back too.

It was brought to me less than 5 minutes after I placed my order with the waitress.

It was barely warm and the plate and meat and grilled onions underneath weren't sizzling and smoking and steaming like it usually is when they bring you fajitas that just came off the grill.

I asked for the meat to be made medium rare and it was well done.

I told the waitress: not even 5 minutes! Is this an order someone sent back and you threw it on the grill to reheat it for a couple of minutes before plating it with rice, beans, guacamole, pico and tortillas?

I carry a food thermometer and I showed her, it wasn't even the minimum safe temperature of 165 for medium rare beef.

I called the manager over, made them remake it which took 15 minutes instead of less than 5 and it came out of the kitchen sizzling and smoking and steaming and the meat was the correct temperature and medium rare.

I also had them replace the beans and rice and tortillas since they've gotten cold in the meantime.

I called the City health department food establishment inspectors and filed a report.

Then I called Pappas Restaurant Group home office in Houston and complained and I informed them that I did reported them to the city.

They sent me a $100 gift card.

They know me by name, I have been a customer of their restaurants since about 1983.

The know when they get a call or an email from me, they screwed up royally again and don't argue with the man, just apologize and send him a gift card of at least $100.

They also know if he posted the incident on Yelp and Google and Open Table, don't even try to deny it or get into an online argument with him where everyone can read it.

Like the one day at Pappadeaux they brought my 7 oz filet of salmon cooked rare.

Then the waitress tried to tell me "We serve all our grilled salmon sushi rare".

I told her this salmon is not processed the same after it came off the boat as the salmon that's processed for restaurants serving sushi and sashimi.

If I wanted raw salmon as in sushi or sashimi, I would had gone to a Japanese restaurant that served sushi and sashimi.

She then said "If you want it cooked more, I can send it back and they will put it in the microwave for a couple of minutes"

I asked her "Is that how you always do it?"

She said "Yes. When a customer feels their seafood is undercooked, we put it back in the microwave"

I told her "No. You are supposed to remake the dish from scratch. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about, do you? How long have you been a server? Do you even have a valid Food Handler Certification card? Take this back and go get your manager NOW!"

I did report them to the city that time and called Pappas and they also send me a $100 gift card that time.

Serve raw salmon that is not sushi or sashimi grade to a customer and on top of that, it has been on a hot grill which means food safety pathogens and bacteria will have started to grow on it and then you tell the customer you are going to cook it some more by zapping it in the microwave?

That is against all food serving establishment food safety and handling rules.

Trying to get a customer sent to the hospital?
Old 07-13-2018, 10:17 PM   #28
Ravasher
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Wow why act like an asshole? Yelling and cussing at the waitress. She does not cook the food she only serves it. Yell at the chef or the manager maybe. Although much easier to get what you want if you are somewhat nice. But please dont shit on the waitress for how the chef cooks something the proper thing to do would simply ask to speak to the manager. Also how do you know they aren't using Sushi grade Salmon.
Ravasher is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:14 PM   #29
CG2014
Premium Access

You don't know anything about restaurants and ingredients, do you ?

You don't use sushi grade salmon as the ingredient for salmon that is to be grilled and served hot.

You wren't there. I was nice to the waitress and polite until she used her condescending disrepectful tone of voice to tell me they put everything back in the microwave as a matter of fact way and that they make all their salmon sushi rare.

OH in m post I left out the part where she also said, don't worry, you won't get sick from eating salmon that's barely cooked on the grill and it's rare.

I asked her how do you know I won't get sick? Are you a doctor? Are you familiar with my body? Everyone reacts different to raw fish that is not prepared properly.

Furthermore, you are paying $30 for just the salmon entree, you will take what they served you and just shut up?
Old 07-15-2018, 09:07 AM   #30
Ravasher
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Read my post again. I guarantee I know more about restaurants and food than you. Yes places do grill sushi grade Salmon and serve it rare. Why argue with the waitress. Just ask for a manager. Its really that simple. Nowhere did I suggest shut up and do nothing. Waitress is only serving the food if you dont like it ask for manager if waitress is rude ask for the manager. It's really that simple.
Ravasher is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women