Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163024
Yssup Rider60667
gman4453278
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48597
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42376
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36780
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #16
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
It sounds like you think this election is a referendum on the tax cuts. We will know very soon if the people of Kansas oppose the Brownback tax cuts......

Answer me this: If the tax cuts have been so disastrous, why won’t Mr. Davis (Dem Candidate) pledge to repeal them?

And you do realize that school funding in Kansas is actually at an all-time high. Total per-pupil spending has increased to $12,960 from $12,283 over four years?
No, what we'll know very soon is whether or not the people of Kansas are happy about hundreds and hundreds of million dollars in budget shortfalls that are the direct result of the tax cuts.

Let's face it: Brownback made all sorts of wonderful sounding promises relating to cutting taxes and, like all Republicans, tethered that to a shitload of rosy economic predictions that didn't pan out. In fact, the tax cuts are creating gigantic budget shortfalls. That's why the folks in Kansas are unhappy with him.

Here's some commentary from Kansas newspapers on the education issue. What a surprise, the figure you quote comes from Brownback cooking the books and including spending dollars that do not go to the students.

Topeka — Direct state funding for public schools in Kansas is still nearly 15 percent less than it was before the start of the Great Recession, according t
o a report from the Center for Budget Policies and Priorities, a Washington think tank.
That makes Kansas one of 30 states where K-12 education funding still has not fully recovered, and it ranks fifth in the nation in terms of the percentage size of the cuts out of the 47 states examined.

Measured in inflation-adjusted dollars, the report said per-pupil spending in Kansas is $861 less than it was in 2008, the fourth-largest cut in the nation.

Those cuts, the center said, have slowed those states' economic recovery because school districts, which are major employers in many communities, have not been able to rehire staff who were laid off. The cuts also undermine educational reforms, including new educational standards and new testing systems, that Kansas and other states are trying to implement, the center said
“At a time when producing workers with high-level technical and analytical skills is increasingly important to a country’s prosperity, large cuts in funding for basic education threaten to undermine the nation’s economic future,” CBPC said in its report.

The Kansas Association of School Boards said those findings echo concerns that it and other school advocates have been raising, and will likely fuel the debate over the tax cuts enacted by Gov. Sam Brownback and the Kansas Legislature.

“If we are falling behind other states in school funding, we must be deeply concerned about falling behind in preparing students for success in postsecondary education and the workforce,” said KASB lobbyist Mark Tallman.

The CBPP analysis looked at “funding distributed through states’ major education funding formulas” and adjusted the figures for inflation. That excludes state funding for capital expenses, bond and interest payments or employee retirement accounts.
The issue of education cuts has been a major bone of contention between Gov. Sam Brownback, who claims that “total” education spending has increased each year of his administration, and his Democratic challenger Paul Davis, who accuses Brownback of making “the largest single cuts to school funding in state history.”

“Kansans don’t need a Washington D.C.-based liberal think tank distorting the truth about education funding in Kansas. They can hear the truth straight from Kansans,” Brownback's press secretary Eileen Hawley said.

Brownback's claim is based on the total spending figures, which include the state's contributions to the Kansas Public Employees Retirement System on behalf of school employees. Davis' claim is based on base state aid to public schools, which makes up each local district's general fund that pays for daily operating expenses.

Kansas began cutting budgets in 2008, under then-Gov. Mark Parkinson, a Democrat, when state revenues began to plummet following the collapse of the financial industry and national housing market that fall. They continued in 2009 after Gov. Sam Brownback, a Republican, took office.

Early in 2009, though, Congress passed a stimulus bill which, among other things, gave financial assistance to state governments to shore up their budgets and prevent them from having to cut programs, particularly in education and Medicaid.

But that money was intended to be only temporary. Congress began phasing out the aid in 2011 and 2012 as the economy improved, expecting states to replace that money as their own revenues recovered.

In Kansas, though, the Brownback administration chose not to replace the federal education aid and, instead, to push for massive income tax cuts that he said would stimulate the economy even more.

The base aid formula was allowed to fall to $3,780 per-pupil in fiscal year 2012. Funding has grown slightly since then and is now set at $3,856.

The Legislature's nonpartisan Research Department now says that because of the tax cuts, the state will likely face a $238 million budget shortfall in fiscal year 2016, which begins next summer.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2014/oc...argest-nation/
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:43 AM   #17
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I thought you were in Texas??? Did EVA fill you with shit? Eliminate the illegals from the school system and the budget balances easily. Also (I know you don't want to mention this) but didn't Brownback inherit this from Sibelius. If you accept that from Obama, and you have, then you have to accept it from Brownback and shut your hypocritical mouth. Otherwise, all tax changes take time to work. It's not like TV when they administer a lifesaving drug and the patient (a beautiful woman) sits up and starts fixing her makeup.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:41 AM   #18
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post

GW Bush legacy was starting a costly war that had no endpoint.
+1
flghtr65 is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #19
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
And you do realize that school funding in Kansas is actually at an all-time high. Total per-pupil spending has increased to $12,960 from $12,283 over four years?
Not true. Brownback cut funding and then included the state's contribution to KPERS, the employee retirement fund in the education budget when it wasn't part of the budget before.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #20
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I thought you were in Texas??? Did EVA fill you with shit? Eliminate the illegals from the school system and the budget balances easily. Also (I know you don't want to mention this) but didn't Brownback inherit this from Sibelius. If you accept that from Obama, and you have, then you have to accept it from Brownback and shut your hypocritical mouth. Otherwise, all tax changes take time to work. It's not like TV when they administer a lifesaving drug and the patient (a beautiful woman) sits up and starts fixing her makeup.
You're an idiot. A $900,000,000 projected budget shortfall isn't the result of too many students in the system and believe it or not you pathetically stupid asshat, the budget shortfalls just happen to coincide with the tax cuts.....which is because less money was coming in....get it, Admiral?

Back to the shallow end of the pool now with the rest of the 'tards and the little children.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:28 AM   #21
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

The $900,000,000 budget "PROJECTED" shortfall is bullshit propaganda. The good voters of Kansas didn't buy the liberal crap spin. They re-elected Brownback, the most conservative Governor Kansas has had in a century.

Why didn't his opponent, who hated the Brownback tax cuts, pledge to roll those disastrous cuts back ?

Because he knew Kansans support Brownback's economy plan. A plan that is working. Kansas has one of the lowest unemployment rates; below 35 of the 50 states. Lower than Texas, Virginia, Florida.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:48 AM   #22
Sickpuppy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

"At an unemployment rate of 4.8%, I would say Kansas is doing better than Texas and 35 other states that have higher unemployment and higher taxes. "

You can't compare Kansas to Texas, we're smarter, bigger and more successful and we don't have a personal income tax. Besides, I'va Littleone apparently lives in Kansas, THANK GOD.
Sickpuppy is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:44 AM   #23
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickpuppy View Post
"At an unemployment rate of 4.8%, I would say Kansas is doing better than Texas and 35 other states that have higher unemployment and higher taxes. "

You can't compare Kansas to Texas, we're smarter, bigger and more successful and we don't have a personal income tax. Besides, I'va Littleone apparently lives in Kansas, THANK GOD.
The smart ones live here,plus we don't have as many illegals. Or ass hats. Thank goodness you are in Texas is your green card still current?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:21 PM   #24
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I think if Little Eva moved to Texas the average IQ in both states would go up.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:49 AM   #25
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I think if I moved to Texas the average IQ in both states would go up.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:54 AM   #26
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Kinda of witty fer an old feller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I think if Little Eva moved to Texas the average IQ in both states would go up.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:40 AM   #27
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post

So, I think the crash ahead will be huge (again) and whatever party holds the WH will pay dearly.
It will depend a lot on how he/she navigates the crisis.
Might be Hoover, might be FDR.
boardman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women