Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41456
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 06-07-2015, 08:30 AM   #16
Look-at-Stupid
BANNED

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Well it is official, American Pharoah won the Triple Crown. Congratulations to the horse, owner, trainer and jockey.

It has been a 37 year drought and the American public was anxious for a Triple Crown winner; even if it meant a mediocre horse would take the moniker. Triple Crowns are rare and should belong to only the very best of the best. A true champion. American Pharoah isn't (IMO).

His time of 2:03:02 at the Kentucky Derby is the fourth-slowest time for a winner of that race since 2000. Then when he took the Preakness two weeks later with 1:58:46 time, it represented the slowest winning pace (albeit in a torrential downpour) at Pimlico since Citation in 1948.

In the pantheon of great horses, AP is below average...shouldn't even be considered a great horse IMO. A very week field of 3 year olds allowed AP to claim the prize.
Below average? Did you see the time for the Belmont? One of the best in history. This is a strong field of 3 year olds, and experts are in agreement over that
Look-at-Stupid is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:42 AM   #17
Guest110416
Valued Poster

Encounters: 83

Congrats to American Pharoah and the team, but there is not a horse better than Secretariat, another triple crown winner, winning the Belmont Stakes by 30+ lengths! http://www.sbnation.com/2015/6/6/872...e-crown-winner
Guest110416 is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:51 AM   #18
Look-at-Stupid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfree986 View Post
Congrats to American Pharoah and the team, but there is not a horse better than Secretariat, another triple crown winner, winning the Belmont Stakes by 30+ lengths! http://www.sbnation.com/2015/6/6/872...e-crown-winner
That is his great great grandad
Old 06-07-2015, 04:39 PM   #19
doug_dfw
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
American Pharoah is a mediocre horse winning in a mediocre group of 3 year olds.

Beyer Speed ratings of the horse say he is below average. Secretariat's speed rating in the Derby was an astonishing 139, compared to American Pharoah at 105 (average speed rating of all Derby winners is 108). APs speed rating in the Preakness was 102; well behind the Preakness winning average of 109. But slop may/may not have been a factor.

AP might win; but only because the field is so weak. If AP does win; it isn't much to brag about. But that won't stop Baffert.

Don't get me wrong; I would love to see another Triple Crown winner....but only with a truly great horse. American Pharoah isn't that horse. I'd rather see the Triple Crown(less) streak continue until that greatness is born to run.
Never noticed this comment before the race. My comment then would be- you know shit about horse- let alone athletic ones. You know shit about trainers and jockeys. Hope you bet AP to lose. Just saying,
doug_dfw is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:41 PM   #20
doug_dfw
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSPURS123 View Post
I'll play the history odds and say no.
Safe bet. Odds are you win. The comes a screwball. Mkaes history. I bet th e srewball- lose a little win big
Old 06-07-2015, 04:58 PM   #21
doug_dfw
Valued Poster

Quote:
Well it is official, American Pharoah won the Triple Crown. Congratulations to the horse, owner, trainer and jockey.

It has been a 37 year drought and the American public was anxious for a Triple Crown winner; even if it meant a mediocre horse would take the moniker. Triple Crowns are rare and should belong to only the very best of the best. A true champion. American Pharoah isn't (IMO).

His time of 2:03:02 at the Kentucky Derby is the fourth-slowest time for a winner of that race since 2000. Then when he took the Preakness two weeks later with 1:58:46 time, it represented the slowest winning pace (albeit in a torrential downpour) at Pimlico since Citation in 1948.

In the pantheon of great horses, AP is below average...shouldn't even be considered a great horse IMO. A very week field of 3 year olds allowed AP to claim the prize.
You are a handicapper in your mind. Time is but one factor.

I have not seen a horse as fit to be a Champion than Secretariat as AP showed in earlier races. Victor has a special way with his mounts- horses love gentle men-----even with the whip that doesn't even sting but a reminder we have a job to do.

Sorry you lost so much believing the scientists. Guess you signed on to Global warming.

Baffert knew that horse. The owner didn't. The jockey loved that horse. The horse had the talent to do it. Like Michael Jordan.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:17 PM   #22
tttalinky
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfree986 View Post
I agree 100%.....My congrats to American Pharoah, his owner, trainers, and jockey. American Pharoah still has some racing ahead and only time will tell if he is in the same class as Secretariat, but one thing is for certain ...... there are only 12 horses in that classroom.
I will always regard Secretariat as the greatest horse of all time.....but maybe someday another horse will prove me wrong.
tttalinky is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 05:26 PM   #23
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttalinky View Post
I agree 100%.....My congrats to American Pharoah, his owner, trainers, and jockey. American Pharoah still has some racing ahead and only time will tell if he is in the same class as Secretariat, but one thing is for certain ...... there are only 12 horses in that classroom.
I will always regard Secretariat as the greatest horse of all time.....but maybe someday another horse will prove me wrong.
I don't profess to know a whole lot about horse racing, but certainly find it difficult to disagree with your view of Secretariat.

Once I read that he was a real outlier; a genetic freak with a heart double the size of that possessed by most horses.

That reportedly gave him the ability to process and distribute oxygenated blood at a much faster rate than his competitors were capable of.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:26 AM   #24
Look-at-Stupid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttalinky View Post
There will only be one Secretariat, and his great great grandson American Pharoah is not up to his standards, but who has been? I am thankful to have seen this run, and win some serious money
Old 06-08-2015, 10:25 AM   #25
TSPURS123
Premium Access

Encounters: 126

Well Screw Me! History made!
TSPURS123 is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:00 AM   #26
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Tell it to Penny Chenery; she agrees with me that American Pharoah doesn't measure up to the other great Triple Crown winners (Secretariat, Affirmed, War Admiral)....

I give AP his due; he accomplished an incredible feat...but most of the public has never been around to see a truly great Triple Crown horse....the public wanted to feel part of a historical moment...they got their wish. The outpouring over AP is a more a media event than witness to a truly great champion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_dfw View Post
Never noticed this comment before the race. My comment then would be- you know shit about horse- let alone athletic ones. You know shit about trainers and jockeys. Hope you bet AP to lose. Just saying,
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_dfw View Post
You are a handicapper in your mind. Time is but one factor.

I have not seen a horse as fit to be a Champion than Secretariat as AP showed in earlier races. Victor has a special way with his mounts- horses love gentle men-----even with the whip that doesn't even sting but a reminder we have a job to do.

Sorry you lost so much believing the scientists. Guess you signed on to Global warming.

Baffert knew that horse. The owner didn't. The jockey loved that horse. The horse had the talent to do it. Like Michael Jordan.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:52 PM   #27
Look-at-Stupid
BANNED

Quote:
Tell it to Penny Chenery; she agrees with me that American Pharoah doesn't measure up to the other great Triple Crown winners (Secretariat, Affirmed, War Admiral)....

I give AP his due; he accomplished an incredible feat...but most of the public has never been around to see a truly great Triple Crown horse....the public wanted to feel part of a historical moment...they got their wish. The outpouring over AP is a more a media event than witness to a truly great champion.
Penny Chenery was there in person to show her respect for what AP has done. And his time for the Belmont was faster than Affirmed, and a full 2 seconds faster than War Admiral, so it seems you may be full of shit and a hater.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:07 PM   #28
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Sports Editors agree with me; John Cherwa at the LA times opines:

Will American Pharoah rank among the all-time greats?

It’s too early to tell............he ranks Secretariat, Citation, Seattle Slew, War Admiral, and Affirmed and Whirlaway as better horses.

Enthusiasm for American Pharoah is high and you are one of many who have jumped on the band wagon.....I doubt you were even around when Secretariat, Seattle Slew or Affirmed raced.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...607-story.html

How can I be a hater; I give the horse his due. I just don't consider him a great horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look-at-Stupid View Post
Penny Chenery was there in person to show her respect for what AP has done. And his time for the Belmont was faster than Affirmed, and a full 2 seconds faster than War Admiral, so it seems you may be full of shit and a hater.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:17 PM   #29
Look-at-Stupid
BANNED

Quote:
Sports Editors agree with me; John Cherwa at the LA times opines:

Will American Pharoah rank among the all-time greats?

It’s too early to tell............he ranks Secretariat, Citation, Seattle Slew, War Admiral, and Affirmed and Whirlaway as better horses.

Enthusiasm for American Pharoah is high and you are one of many who have jumped on the band wagon.....I doubt you were even around when Secretariat, Seattle Slew or Affirmed raced.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...607-story.html

How can I be a hater; I give the horse his due. I just don't consider him a great horse.

Yes, I was around smartass when Secretariat raced. I even cried as a little boy 4 years earlier when Majestic Prince lost to Arts and Letters in the Belmont, denying him a Triple Crown.

Who cares what some sportswriter in LA says? Can he explain why if War Admiral, Affirmed, etc are better, why was AP ran faster than both in the Belmont? How many times has that sportswriter been taxed on his horse racing winnings? As many times as me? I doubt it. Did he pick the trifecta on the Derby, the exacta on the Preakness. and the tri and superfecta on the Belmont like I did? Seriously doubt it!!!

I know my horse racing. And AP is very special. And you're just someone who probably does not know anywhere near as much as you think you do.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:24 PM   #30
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Like I said; many Americans have jumped on the AP bandwagon..................... ..irrational enthusiasm runs high, especially for those who won some money.

BTW, I didn't bet the race and my opinions on Climate Change have nothing to do with this (despite your observation of my view on CC being 180-degrees wrong).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look-at-Stupid View Post
Yes, I was around smartass when Secretariat raced. I even cried as a little boy 4 years earlier when Majestic Prince lost to Arts and Letters in the Belmont, denying him a Triple Crown.

Who cares what some sportswriter in LA says? Can he explain why if War Admiral, Affirmed, etc are better, why was AP ran faster than both in the Belmont? How many times has that sportswriter been taxed on his horse racing winnings? As many times as me? I doubt it. Did he pick the trifecta on the Derby, the exacta on the Preakness. and the tri and superfecta on the Belmont like I did? Seriously doubt it!!!

I know my horse racing. And AP is very special. And you're just someone who probably does not know anywhere near as much as you think you do.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women