Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60378
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41550
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35924
Mojojo33117

Old 09-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #16
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Sullivan is the only "conservative" I know who vigorously supported Obama in 2008.
There were plenty of others. And you would know that if you read something - anything - other than PowerLine and other hard-right websites.

I'm politically and economically conservative, and while I didn't quite support Obama in 2008, I voted Libertarian in protest, rather than vote for McCain and his nitwit VP selection.

The Republicans have now gone at least 2 Presidential elections with shitty candidates I have a hard time stomaching. They probably gone 3 elections - I held my nose and supported Bush in 2004 despite a very unconservative record with respect to spending and government power.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #17
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

This is wtf is wrong with both parties. You can not say anything close to the truth if it is negative about your party. Look what happened to Cory Booker!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #18
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Andrew Sullivan didn't just vote for Obama, he loudly campaigned for him...for anyone with a sane mind to call him a conservative is laughable.

Conservatives didn't actively campaign for Obama in 2008...and Where is your conservative on Obama today ???

He loves Obama.

"Which is why my support is so passionate, because Obama is, in my view, the conservative reformist of my dreams. "
-A. Sullivan.

Andrew Sullivan is not a conservative.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #19
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Andrew Sullivan didn't just vote for Obama, he loudly campaigned for him...for anyone with a same mind to call him a conservative is laughable.
How exactly did he "campaign" for Obama?

Did he make public appearances and speeches at Obama rallies? Did he raise funds for Obama? Did he organize political action committees for Obama?

He posts his political opinions and social commentary on his blog. That is not campaigning.

If it is, then most of the posts in The Sandbox qualify as "campaigning" - which is ridiculous.

Words have meaning. Learn them.

Look, I get it that you don't like Sullivan. But that doesn't mean he is not conservative.

Maybe he is a conservative, and you are just a right-wing radical or some Ayn Rand quoting loon.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #20
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

So you are more concerned with what Romney said and when he said it than the fact that two acts of war have occurred and Americans have died? You are a low life piece of work X NYr. Get thee back to your birthplace. By the way, your timeline is wrong. The embassy apologized with an "official" statement whether it was approved by the White House or not it was official and it was because of the rioting. Romney commented on the rioting and the apology after it happened but before the deaths in Libya. You should be asking yourselves, where was Waldo, I mean Obama.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #21
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

The very definition of campaigning includes writing opinion columns that are disseminated around the world and read by tens if not hundreds of thousands of readers. Plus going on talk TV, radio, and other speaking engagements, all endorsing a "vote for Obama" theme.

He was a campaigner...was he a paid or official volunteer for the Obama campaign ? Probably not.

And after four years of the 1st Obama term, your "conservative" still supports Obama ?

How you can call Sullivan a conservative is laughable, especially in light of Sullivan wanting a 2nd Obama term.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #22
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
There were plenty of others. And you would know that if you read something - anything - other than PowerLine and other hard-right websites.

I'm politically and economically conservative, and while I didn't quite support Obama in 2008, I voted Libertarian in protest, rather than vote for McCain and his nitwit VP selection.

The Republicans have now gone at least 2 Presidential elections with shitty candidates I have a hard time stomaching. They probably gone 3 elections - I held my nose and supported Bush in 2004 despite a very unconservative record with respect to spending and government power.
No conservative in his right mind would vote for Obama.

Obama is a Marxist.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #23
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
No person in his right mind would vote for Obama.

Obama is a Marxist.
Fixed that for you, Joe. I hope you don't mind.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #24
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Okay, you say you're a conservative from New York (snick). Help us poor yokels, who is the conservative choice that we should be looking to?

I went and looked it up, the Romney statement was made ten hours after the Cairo embassy was invaded and the flag burned. It was released two hours later. So twelve hours after an act of war occurred Romney made his statement but Obama was no where to be found. Does that tell you something?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #25
Guest032516
Account Disabled

I address this to the nitwits above, I refer you to the statement released by another Republican, John Boehner:

http://www.speaker.gov/press-release...mericans-libya

This is what Romney should have said in the immediate aftermath of the attack.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #26
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
The very definition of campaigning includes writing opinion columns that are disseminated around the world and read by tens if not hundreds of thousands of readers.
Really? Show me that definition. You have some special dictionary the rest of us don't have access to?

Quote:
The very definition of campaigning includes writing opinion columns that are disseminated around the world and read by tens if not hundreds of thousands of readers. Plus going on talk TV, radio, and other speaking engagements, all endorsing a "vote for Obama" theme.
ALL of those things you mentioned are what political columnists do. There JOB is to take positions and explain why. That doesn't make them campaigners. Charles Krauthammer does the exact same things in support of Romney and other Republicans. That doesn't mean he campaigns for Romney.

Quote:
And after four years of the 1st Obama term, your "conservative" still supports Obama ?

How you can call Sullivan a conservative is laughable, especially in light of Sullivan wanting a 2nd Obama term.
Probably because he is picking the lesser of two evils. I'm sure he would prefer someone more along the lines of Ron Paul (without the weird Ayn Rand trappings) or a Barry Goldwater or a Reagan. But that kind of Republican is nowhere in sight, now is he?

I voted Libertarian last time. But this time I might vote Republican in all the House and Senate races and vote Obama for President. Why? Because there is a strong chance that both sides will have to give in and compromise and that may be the only chance we have of balancing the budget.

Gridlock worked when Clinton was in office. Time for a replay?
Old 09-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #27
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Andrew Sullivan is not a conservative.
And neither is Ronald Reagan anymore.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #28
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

So your defense of "Sullivan is a Conservative" hinges on the definition of "campaign" ?

"a series of coordinated activities, such as public speaking and demonstrating, designed to achieve a social, political, or commercial goal ⇒ a presidential campaign, an advertising campaign"

By definition Sullivan campaigns for his point of view every time he writes an opinion piece....and the fact that he wrote and spoke repeatedly during the 2008 campaign, in favor of voting for Obama confirms it.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #29
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Okay, you say you're a conservative from New York (snick). Help us poor yokels, who is the conservative choice that we should be looking to?
There isn't one. That's the problem.

See my post above.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #30
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
But who can blame him? I have traditionally been a Republican, but the dozen or so Republican presidential candidates this past year was the biggest collection of misfit losers I can recall in my lifetime.

Bachman? Perry? Cain? Santorum? And (in the wings) Donald Trump? Seriously?

Did I die and go to hell? Or is this just a nightmare from which I cannot awaken?

Face it: Romney was the least ugly pig.?

Nothing could be more true. However, "A day that will live in infamy" didn't wait a week, neither should this. We've been at war with these fanatics since the Iranian Crisis. It's a war of attrition, and we won't win it by praising the Arab Spring all dewie-eyed like Obama did as we are being bombed by the Arab Springers. So no, Romney didn't disgrace himself; he distinguished himself.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women