Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162356
Yssup Rider60210
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48388
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41254
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-23-2011, 11:46 PM   #16
kingorpawn
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

I would keep it simple and go with the Windows Phone either the Samsung Focus, HTC
or the new NOKIA which might steal some of the market that the Iphone and Android
are fighting over.
kingorpawn is offline   Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:05 AM   #17
Guest021716-4
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

After alot of reading and the suggestions here I decided to just get the iphone, pay the difference, and sell or trade mine in.
Guest021716-4 is offline   Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #18
ThatHarleyGuy
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 50

iPhone users, chime in here. We have to consider its use and security in this hobby. I have found the iPhone to be far inferior to "clean". To selectively delete call history entries. App's like Google voice integrate too well into the phone, leaving footprints and histories. Apple was unable to demonstrate to me how to easily clear the web browser histories, cookies, cache's and such. Even the iPad did this better. I couldn't find a way to prevent txt messages from flashing on the screen when received. I was able to change it from showing the actual message to only who it was from, but couldn't stop that from showing up. (Why is 'Cabela's' texting you at 11pm?)

I haven't played with the last few firmware upgrades, so maybe it has changed. All I know is my HTC 4G is screaming fast, and ultra easy to "clean". I don't think twice about handing it to my wife or anybody to do whatever they want. No fear they will stumble into to anything. I can selectively delete call records so as not to raise a flag that my history is empty (Why'd you clear your history??).

I'm interested in whether the iPhone has resolved these concerns.
ThatHarleyGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #19
guest031812
Account Disabled

User ID: 3407

Apple [AAPL] has won an anti-Android victory at home in the US, with HTC required to remove some of its handsets from sale because they used ideas patented within the iPhone.

I would stick with apple, The new Iphone4s is pretty awesome.. It has voice assitance w/suri to create meetings on your phone, and you can even ask it for directions or anything really.

Also the Iphone is very easy to use, has a awesome front and back 8megapixel camera.. very good screen resolution.. faster web browsing with its dual core processor, icloud service if you don't want to fill your phone's hard drive space with music.. *the icloud application makes your music float online servers, so you can still play all your itunes music from your phone without taking up all the space* I could keep going and going on all the features.. Its a great phone.

Thats my regards for a PERSONAL phone..

If you are seeking a hobby phone, I would go with a hunk of junk 10 dollar prepaid phone, I personally if I were a hobbiest would not use my iPhone or real personal phone for anything hobby related.
guest031812 is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:26 AM   #20
ddfan36
Valued Poster

Encounters: 45

iPhone is the only way to go. Siri is worthless on the 4S but the new 8 megapixel camera is incredible. Longer battery life and faster than the iPhone 4. You won't regret it.
ddfan36 is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #21
Carl
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatHarleyGuy View Post
iPhone users, chime in here. We have to consider its use and security in this hobby. I have found the iPhone to be far inferior to "clean". To selectively delete call history entries. App's like Google voice integrate too well into the phone, leaving footprints and histories. Apple was unable to demonstrate to me how to easily clear the web browser histories, cookies, cache's and such. Even the iPad did this better. I couldn't find a way to prevent txt messages from flashing on the screen when received. I was able to change it from showing the actual message to only who it was from, but couldn't stop that from showing up. (Why is 'Cabela's' texting you at 11pm?)

I haven't played with the last few firmware upgrades, so maybe it has changed. All I know is my HTC 4G is screaming fast, and ultra easy to "clean". I don't think twice about handing it to my wife or anybody to do whatever they want. No fear they will stumble into to anything. I can selectively delete call records so as not to raise a flag that my history is empty (Why'd you clear your history??).

I'm interested in whether the iPhone has resolved these concerns.
Why would you use your personal/work phone to hobby with compared to getting a disposable prepaid hobby phone? Seems like playing with fire; the whole "accident waiting to happen" kind of thing.
Carl is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:52 PM   #22
Slotgoop
Valued Poster

You no longer need iTunes for the iPhone 4S, it can use wireless to sync direct to the cloud if you want to set it up that way. The camera alone is almost enough reason by itself to consider one.
Slotgoop is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #23
WorknMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slotgoop View Post
You no longer need iTunes for the iPhone 4S, it can use wireless to sync direct to the cloud if you want to set it up that way. The camera alone is almost enough reason by itself to consider one.
AFAIK, you still need iTunes if you want to transfer direct between PC and phone without having to upload to the cloud first. There's ways to do that wirelessly in some apps without using iTunes, but honestly, if you can get that up and running, you should probably be using Android
WorknMan is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:06 AM   #24
multipleringer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 82

HTC has a bigger screen than IPHONE - that is a big factor
multipleringer is offline   Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:51 PM   #25
Reya Sunshine
Account Disabled

User ID: 56673
My ECCIE Reviews

I've had Iphones for about two years(I've had three different models in that time frame) and I'm still using the Iphone4 which I still love as much as the day I got it. The only thing I don't like about my Iphone experience is that I got stuck being sodomized violently by At&t(whom I despise) on a regular basis...but maybe verizon is better?
Reya Sunshine is offline   Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:00 AM   #26
MichaelClayton
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Yeah, AT&T sucks. I was glad to get away from them. Now with Verizon, so I will see if they are any better. FWIW Verizon was rated higher than AT&T who was rated lowest in satisfaction in TX (and probably everywhere else).
About the same price though as AT&T (maybe exactly the same about $100 a month for voice/text/data).

Siri hasn't come through for me with anything I have requested yet. I keep thinking she is going to blame me for not communicating with her properly
MichaelClayton is offline   Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:17 PM   #27
rockerrick
Account Disabled

Encounters: 63

Verizon is good if you live in the city. But if you don't then their signal doesn't work inside. AT&T is 4 bars all the time. Just got iPhone 4s and dig it! I've heard some people hate Siri , but I'm having good experience with it . Really hated voice dial on my Motorola .Dont have android phone, but my android tablet always glitches and locks up a lot .
rockerrick is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #28
ThatHarleyGuy
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
Why would you use your personal/work phone to hobby with compared to getting a disposable prepaid hobby phone? Seems like playing with fire; the whole "accident waiting to happen" kind of thing.
In my situation, a second phone is too risky. My hobby phone is Google Voice. No physical phone to be found. Exists only in my browser. Nothing to find.
ThatHarleyGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #29
guest031812
Account Disabled

User ID: 3407

Sprint for Iphone coverage is great
guest031812 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women