Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
test
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70718
biomed162745
Yssup Rider60463
gman4453234
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48483
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41800
CryptKicker37188
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36184
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 05-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #16
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

I know this sounds weird, but I actually prefer for the providers I see to call me by my real first name. Using my handle just seems so unnatural to me as well as it seeming so impersonal. I do understand the need for secrecy for those who are hiding their activities from SO's, which thankfully I am not in the position of having to do.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #17
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 122

This is the only time I've ever heard a Provider say she doesn't like to be called "baby".
Thanks for the heads up, Darlin'.
(See, I didn't say "baby"!)
Old 05-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #18
raz
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

I understand your sentiment on the subject. I don't like it either.

It is rather stupid, unlike getting on an open forum consisting of existing customers and potential new ones bitching about such a trivial matter.

Later Babe!
Old 05-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #19
Guest082824
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25

You guys are too funny

I guess this thread didn't go quite the way you thought it would, huh "Samantha"
Old 05-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #20
Bobave
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Unless Samantha is your real name, your post was bogus. I always feel odd calling someone by a handle, because I know it's a fake name.

Whereas I wouldn't ordinarily call a woman baby , etc. very early in any kind of relationship, come on... we're trying to bridge to intimate activity quickly and a fake name gets in the way. No offense, "Samantha", but I agree with some of the other folks here - an attitude like the one expressed in your OP makes me concerned that a session would be "officious"... not generally what I'm looking for when I meet with a provider...
Old 05-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #21
fletch
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

thx sexy, hot cakes...i made a note of it.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #22
Roger.Smith
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

It's generally bad etiquette to call someone you don't know by a pet or nick name. Once you get a feel for someone or get a good vibe going, that would an appropriate time to use pet or nick name. Sure some women don't mind, but I can't understand how people wouldn't understand that a lot of women hate pet/nick names from men they don't know, unless you just don't interact with civilian women. Context and tone are important. This is a board where you pay women for their time, it's not a dating service.

The thing is, a lot of guys here are socially inept and that may be part of the reason they're here in the first place. Older guys may see it as affectionate instead of demeaning. Sometimes in life you have to be considerate of how words will be perceived by others. When I travel away from the South, I don't call women "Ma'am" because a lot of women who don't live here hate it.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #23
samantha thom
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 45258
My ECCIE Reviews

All good posts, folks! :-) Thank you everyone for responding. In the hobby, you know me as 'Samantha' ... that is my name until we develop some frienship and familiarity, I will want to tell you my real name. And I will address you as your screen name until you tell me your real name and we can use those names in private.
It's ok if you prefer the 'baby', 'sexy', 'darling' etc. If that's how you prefer to talk, please don't stop cause that's how you like it. It makes you happy.
Every post I write on here has a purpose. And the purpose is beyond bitching or complaining. I could say it's to weed out potential clients? Maybe something else? :-) It may sound meaningless to some but it serves ME a purpose. I do not want to take the whole hobby community as my clients. I want to make our experience as great and special as possible and we have at least similar few, interest and on the same page on some things. In the end, 'quality' is preferable to me than 'quantity'.
And I am personally very flirty...I may not flirt the same way as other women. We all have differences and it's ok. And with so many people in the world, we cannot be compatible with everyone. That's what makes it exciting....the search, the encounter, the new friendship, the connection, etc, etc.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #24
samantha thom
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger.Smith View Post
It's generally bad etiquette to call someone you don't know by a pet or nick name. Once you get a feel for someone or get a good vibe going, that would an appropriate time to use pet or nick name. Sure some women don't mind, but I can't understand how people wouldn't understand that a lot of women hate pet/nick names from men they don't know, unless you just don't interact with civilian women. Context and tone are important. This is a board where you pay women for their time, it's not a dating service.

The thing is, a lot of guys here are socially inept and that may be part of the reason they're here in the first place. Older guys may see it as affectionate instead of demeaning. Sometimes in life you have to be considerate of how words will be perceived by others. When I travel away from the South, I don't call women "Ma'am" because a lot of women who don't live here hate it.
I actually don't mind the 'Ma'am"....it sounds respectful. And yes, I understand older guys may see it as affection and I respect that very much. Your'e right....it's also the context and tone. :-)
Old 05-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #25
samantha thom
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch View Post
thx sexy, hot cakes...i made a note of it.
Hehehe!! LOL....you're so cute, Fletch! But I prefer 'blueberry'!
Old 05-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #26
er48665
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Please tell me this really doesn't annoy you. You offer a service that is called Girlfriend Experience and you don't want people calling you baby or honey. I have been called baby, babe and sweet cheeks and I find it kind of nice.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #27
samantha thom
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobave View Post
Unless Samantha is your real name, your post was bogus. I always feel odd calling someone by a handle, because I know it's a fake name.

Whereas I wouldn't ordinarily call a woman baby , etc. very early in any kind of relationship, come on... we're trying to bridge to intimate activity quickly and a fake name gets in the way. No offense, "Samantha", but I agree with some of the other folks here - an attitude like the one expressed in your OP makes me concerned that a session would be "officious"... not generally what I'm looking for when I meet with a provider...
Good on you, Bobave, for not calling a woman 'baby'! I very much agree with you, too and some folks here. I would hate to be in an "officious" session too .... but usually you can tell if there is a compatibility by initial communication but every man and woman on here has the same right to accept or decline.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #28
oldbutstillgoing
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 5

Samantha, I understand your feelings and thanks for posting.

One thought though. Even outside the hobby, it is common in Texas to address a woman, even if just met with terms like hun, dear, darling, etc. I dont care for baby but to each his own. Its just part of the Texas and Southern culture. Other areas of the country have their own terms as well.

Or maybe the guy was staring at your wonderfull chest and cannot remember your name.

The tone of voice and look that go with it can be a big difference as well. If I get introduced to a good looking lady, I might very well respond with a smile on my face "Well darling, Its a pleasure to meet you" I am not hitting on her or being disresptfull. I am acutaly paying her a compliment.

Keep that in mind the next time.

Also take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Term_of_endearment
Old 05-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #29
samantha thom
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by er48665 View Post
Please tell me this really doesn't annoy you. You offer a service that is called Girlfriend Experience and don't want people calling you baby or honey. I have been called baby, babe or sweet cheeks and I find it kind of nice.
It's case per case basis, depending on who, level of familiarity. I don't call my boyfriend 'baby' or 'honey'...but I do call him different pet names that is very endearing between me and him. I certainly don't call a man I haven't met 'baby' or 'honey'. I just don't feel comfortable...I can't tell you why....I just don't...and I'm also not from the south. I guess different background, upbringing can make us all different and have different preferences.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #30
L.A.
Valued Poster

Encounters: 71

I don't think I've ever called anybody baby or sweetheart and I mean anybody and ever.
My s.o. is "Honey" and that's about the only pet name I've ever used for anybody. I can't imagine an introduction call, pm, or email where I refer to anybody other than the only name I know (the one they've provided). I just wouldn't feel comfortable with that. On the other hand I have absolutely no problem being called any of those pet names (it beats what people usually call me).

And that's my $.02 you've all been waiting for......
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women