Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > Coed Discussions - San Antonio
test
Coed Discussions - San Antonio Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70691
biomed162401
Yssup Rider60232
gman4453218
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48397
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41283
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35702
Mojojo33117

Old 04-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #16
Viking6910
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

The real kicker is that Congress will still get paid, enjoy all their benifits and grand parties. The military who sacrifice more than they could ever imagine won't get paid. I'll be hurting if it affects retiree pay.
Does any organization look at Congress? Maybe if they were threatened with cuts we'd get some action. Time to step up and work together and think of the people. That will never happen.
Viking6910 is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #17
pixelwarrior
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

Plato
pixelwarrior is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #18
raedy4funn45
Premium Access

Encounters: 69

Both sides are playing politics and many workers, business owners, and even tourists will suffer. 66 Billion is a drop in the bucket and not worth the fight. If you are going to shutdown the government, do it for some meaningful amount.We spent nearly a billion in Libya over the past few weeks, and will spend 65 billion in a matter of months on foreign aid or some other crap.

As for me, I am 1500 miles from home and won't know what my fate is until the last minute.
raedy4funn45 is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #19
Likinikki
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7867
My ECCIE Reviews

Wow,I hope they get their act together as I wouldn't want any of you to lose your jobs or have to work for free...that's just insane!
Likinikki is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #20
Tr0y
BANNED

Encounters: 8

The Govt. has some funky new program for people like me who get federal stafford loans for education. They pay 1/2 at the beginning of the semester, and the other 1/2 at the end of the semester. If the govt shuts down, I won't get my loans..neither will allot of other students...that sucks ass.
Tr0y is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:56 AM   #21
Drtry2
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

If your business has a Gov't contract you are required to preform services, if you dont then you breach it. They on the other hand dont have to pay you until the budget is approved. So for us business owners get ready for a good fucking.
Drtry2 is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:56 AM   #22
Rodram
BANNED

Encounters: 2

It's an extremely ignorant and insane thing to say that the government should be shut down. Many essential services will be affected that guarantees our safety, allows business to operate, and not to mention what it does to the economy. Some here have already given examples of why this is no good to anyone.
Rodram is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:58 AM   #23
Rodram
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking6910 View Post
The real kicker is that Congress will still get paid, enjoy all their benifits and grand parties. The military who sacrifice more than they could ever imagine won't get paid. I'll be hurting if it affects retiree pay.
Does any organization look at Congress? Maybe if they were threatened with cuts we'd get some action. Time to step up and work together and think of the people. That will never happen.
Yes, Congresswoman Boxer(D) introduced a bill that would stop congressional pay, but it wasn't allowed to go to the floor by House speaker Boehner(R)
Old 04-07-2011, 07:08 AM   #24
Rodram
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryVee View Post
For me, it will mean no salary -- and, of course, no "play time."

Certain "essential services" will remain in operation. You will all be thrilled to know, that includes the IRS. No joke.
In actuality the IRS is affected, those that file electronically will not see a delay, however, those that file paper returns will see a delay. Audits and collection services will also be shut-down but as much as we would like to think that is a good thing, it allows tax cheats to get away with shorting the tax payer (you) even longer.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:38 AM   #25
Rodram
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman181 View Post
Wont affect me one bit. Send 'em home for a month or 2. Who cares?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Tripper View Post
the way I see it is if it does shut down, it will save all of us some money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
Christ.... let'em shut down. Maybe then the army of self important, puffed up, petty bureaucrats will get off my fucking back.
Quote:
Its the mark of the Washington culture that so many politicians and their little minions believe that the federal government is critically necessary and that the country will come to a screeching halt if they arent there to run things. It is incomprehensible to these boobs how incredibly irrelevant they are to those of us who work to pay the bills and the exorbitant taxes that feed their delusions of self-importance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
In my profession, if the government shuts down and wants me to work for free, then I expect a pretty fat back-pay check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AljanSATX View Post
Well said Spaceman and also agree with your first post as well.

Who gives a Flying F!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonValkyrie View Post
It will not affect me at all. I am hoping if they shut down there will be no one there to take all that damn tax money every couple of weeks.
Far be it from me to say that I am not frustrated also, but if you guys are saying this out of pure frustration, I understand. All of us are dependent on the government whether you want to believe it or not and it's really delusional to believe otherwise. From the food you eat, to the medicine you take, to the highways you drive on and to the military out there keeping the peace (although I don't agree with these wars at all) are all serving you and it's what you pay for in the way of taxes in this country. What do you think corporate America would do if there were no oversight at all from the government? As far as the "puffed up petty bureaucrats" as you refer to them, they are running this country and make critical decisions that affect your everyday life and if you want to change that then get informed, drop the rhetoric and make a difference at the polls on election day.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #26
spaceman181
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Rodram, you've been listening to your precious Barbara Boxhead too long. A federal government shutdown would mean absolutely NOTHING to most of the people who get up every day and go to work in a segment of the economy that actually produces something. It only hurts people that are sucking on the big-government tit.
spaceman181 is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #27
textodd11
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

This shutdown will be short-lived and is actually needed to force the cuts that need to be made. First and foremost cut ALL foreign aid. How can we give away money that we do not have? Ask the fucking Saudis and Sultans for the aid.

Of more concern is when we hit the debt ceiling in mid-May and the government, whether working or not, starts defaulting on its debt payments. The cascading affects of this are much more catastrophic than a temporary shutdown. Can you say worthless dollar?
textodd11 is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #28
Guest081519
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

So... If it shuts down, does that mean that we won't pay Federal Income Tax while it's closed? No services, no taxation?
Guest081519 is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:29 PM   #29
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
So... If it shuts down, does that mean that we won't pay Federal Income Tax while it's closed? No services, no taxation?
And if you believe that...
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #30
Rodram
BANNED

Quote:
Rodram, you've been listening to your precious Barbara Boxhead too long. A federal government shutdown would mean absolutely NOTHING to most of the people who get up every day and go to work in a segment of the economy that actually produces something. It only hurts people that are sucking on the big-government tit.
Wow, you sound like a Glen Beck U grad. I don't even know where to start with you but here's a small sampling from the last time the govt shutdown:

The long shutdown that began in December 1995 had ripple effects through all sectors of the economy. A few examples, taken from congressional hearings, press and agency accounts, follow:

Health. New patients were not accepted into clinical research at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center; the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ceased disease surveillance (information about the spread of diseases, such as AIDS and flu, were unavailable); hotline calls to NIH concerning diseases were not answered; and toxic waste clean-up work at 609 sites stopped, resulting in 2,400 "Superfund" workers being sent home.
Law Enforcement/Public Safety. Delays occurred in the processing of alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and explosives applications by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms; work on more than 3,500 bankruptcy cases was suspended; cancellation of the recruitment and testing of federal law-enforcement officials occurred, including the hiring of 400 border patrol agents; and delinquent child-support cases were suspended.
Parks/Museums/Monuments. Closure of 368 National Park Service sites (loss of 7 million visitors) occurred, with local communities near national parks losing an estimated $14.2 million per day in tourism revenues; and closure of national museums and monuments (estimated loss of 2 million visitors) occurred.
Visas/Passports. 20,000-30,000 applications by foreigners for visas went unprocessed each day; 200,000 U.S. applications for passports went unprocessed; and U.S. tourist industries and airlines sustained millions of dollars in losses.
American Indian/other Native Americans. All 13,500 Department of Interior Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) employees were furloughed; general assistance payments for basic needs to 53,000 BIA benefit recipients were delayed; and estimated 25,000 American Indians did not receive timely payment of oil and gas royalties.
American Veterans. Major curtailment in services, ranging from health and welfare to finance and travel was experienced.
Federal Contractors. Of $18 billion in Washington area contracts, $3.7 billion (over 20%) were managed by agencies affected by the funding lapse;(6) the National Institute of Standards, was unable to issue a new standard for lights and lamps, scheduled to be effective January 1, 1996; and employees of federal contractors were furloughed without pay.
Shutdown Pr

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women