Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70708
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60362
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48437
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41510
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35872
Mojojo33117

Old 04-09-2015, 11:36 AM   #16
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingTruth View Post
As to the personal, I have a long history of depression/anxiety/ADD, since childhood.
Engaging in interactions associated with being a provider cannot be helpful in developing coping skills with your emotional and psychological issues, but roughly 85% of the folks in our society have "ADD" ... and depression and anxiety is prevalent, with many folks not even realizing they are.

Hopefully you can work through those issues and learn to cope with them. IMO one never "cures" them; only lives with them. Also, hopefully, you have an honest assessment of yourself as being a good and worthwhile person without a "need" for affirmation from third-parties, or even family members.

Hiding "off the grid" will not resolve those issues.

It will focus your attention on them, as you do some self-examination.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:40 AM   #17
SeekingTruth
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 284979

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Engaging in interactions associated with being a provider cannot be helpful in developing coping skills with your emotional and psychological issues, but roughly 85% of the folks in our society have "ADD" ... and depression and anxiety is prevalent, with many folks not even realizing they are.

Hopefully you can work through those issues and learn to cope with them. IMO one never "cures" them; only lives with them. Also, hopefully, you have an honest assessment of yourself as being a good and worthwhile person without a "need" for affirmation from third-parties, or even family members.

Hiding "off the grid" will not resolve those issues.

It will focus your attention on them, as you do some self-examination.
It came down to being homeless or not. What would be your choice? By the way, you have no proof that I am still engaging in that activity nor that I ever did. I got paid for my time and companionship and it's not against the law. I received an inheritance and lived off of that for awhile. Sometimes I think most left brain orientated men have no compassion for humanity, only their own self interest at heart. Would you like to give me a job? Would you be willing to help me or anyone in my situation? Maybe you should do some self-examination on yourself.
SeekingTruth is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:46 AM   #18
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
It came down to being homeless or not. What would be your choice? By the way, you have no proof that I am still engaging in that activity nor that I ever did. I got paid for my time and companionship and it's not against the law. I received an inheritance and lived off of that for awhile. Sometimes I think most left brain orientated men have no compassion for humanity, only their own self interest at heart. Would you like to give me a job? Would you be willing to help me or anyone in my situation? Maybe you should do some self-examination on yourself.
I think I have some idea why you got fired. It wasn't your "medical" condition.

"SeekingTruth"? Yea, right!
Old 04-09-2015, 12:18 PM   #19
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Reality check, unlike the movies you don't get clarity of the mind by living off the grid. There may be times when it looks like everything is against you and then what do you do?

I'm sorry you had problems when growing up but didn't we all. I'm not even going to say that I know or have the experience you have but many great people had to overcome problems and sometimes that is what made them great. The desire to succeed overcame their personal problems. Like sexual abuse, dyslexia, ADHD (or any of the rest of the alphabet), poverty, or bad choices. At some point you have to take stock of what you have and have not and go from there. I can't offer you a job because I am not in that position. Would I offer you a job based on what you have told us so far....that still remains to be seen.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:23 PM   #20
SeekingTruth
Pending Age Verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Reality check, unlike the movies you don't get clarity of the mind by living off the grid. There may be times when it looks like everything is against you and then what do you do?

I'm sorry you had problems when growing up but didn't we all. I'm not even going to say that I know or have the experience you have but many great people had to overcome problems and sometimes that is what made them great. The desire to succeed overcame their personal problems. Like sexual abuse, dyslexia, ADHD (or any of the rest of the alphabet), poverty, or bad choices. At some point you have to take stock of what you have and have not and go from there. I can't offer you a job because I am not in that position. Would I offer you a job based on what you have told us so far....that still remains to be seen.
Both of your replies review quite a deal about your compassion quotient. I can imagine the extreme sense of loneliness you must feel.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:28 PM   #21
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I am very compassionate but I'm not a sucker (most of the time). I save a lot of my compassion for animals who are not able to decide their own fates and are subject to the cruelty of people. Sometimes compassion is not giving things to people but helping them to help themselves and they need to hear the truth first.

Do you want me to say go live off the grid. It will paradise just like in a movie and you will find peace. I'm sorry to say this last thing but you would probably off yourself at the first set back. Didn't want to say that but it needed to be said.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:44 PM   #22
SeekingTruth
Pending Age Verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I am very compassionate but I'm not a sucker (most of the time). I save a lot of my compassion for animals who are not able to decide their own fates and are subject to the cruelty of people. Sometimes compassion is not giving things to people but helping them to help themselves and they need to hear the truth first.

Do you want me to say go live off the grid. It will paradise just like in a movie and you will find peace. I'm sorry to say this last thing but you would probably off yourself at the first set back. Didn't want to say that but it needed to be said.
Animals are good for stress because they provide "unconditional love", which most of us are craving for. I am very attached to my persian cat, Max. He doesn't ask for much, but provides a wealth of comfort. I am all for animal rights. . .and human rights.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:27 PM   #23
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Animals are good for stress because they provide "unconditional love" .....
... as long as you feed them. Just like hookers.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:41 PM   #24
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Jesus, people! Lay off! ST, you are to be commended for handling your issues as well as you have. Too many people don't understand that depression and similar conditions are diseases, not failings. Would people make fun of you if you had cancer? Well, some on here would, but I mean generally. Of course not. Depression is no different. It can be treated, cured, or fatal. God bless you on your path to wholeness.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:48 PM   #25
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Would people make fun of you if you had cancer?
We should quit making fun of COIdiot because he is an Idiot.

Enough is enough! It's not his fault, he was born that way.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:59 PM   #26
SeekingTruth
Pending Age Verification

Your posts really say a lot about your psyche and attitude. Keep posting so everyone can see that.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:21 PM   #27
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Would people make fun of you if you had cancer? Well, some on here would, but I mean generally. Of course not. Depression is no different. It can be treated, cured, or fatal. God bless you on your path to wholeness.
I laughed at my cancer ... and made sure no one felt sorry for me. I could also work up a good case of depression, I'm sure, if I expended my energy dwelling on it. Who knows? I might dwell myself right through depression and into a debilitating cardiac arrest in the tradition of Sanford and Sons!!!

Look at how foolish bigtex is ... he thinks his little childish name-calling bothers me ... he's a wimp in the scheme of things ... judging others by his own standards of what bothers him ... If one doesn't know who or what they are, and/or is insecure about it all, all that shit makes a difference. They "dwell" on it ... and it festers and spreads.

Some folks on here should laugh at themselves ... find some humor in life at their own expense and not someone else's.

If I'm correct about the lady, I know who she is. Never had the pleasure of seeing her in person, but always desired to do so. But the attitude caused me to pause a bit and the hesitation continued. I always thought she was hot and sexy, and she looks like should could be a lot of fun. Hobbying is supposed to be doing something fun and relaxing.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:32 PM   #28
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Your posts really say a lot about your psyche and attitude. Keep posting so everyone can see that.
You, too. And please don't take everything in a response to your posts as being critical of you or marginalizing of you in any way. Also, please don't generalize about people based on their posts. Not everyone is the same all the time.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:21 PM   #29
RochBob
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Getting back to your original question. If you really want to live "off the Grid" or at least in a fairly rural area that still has some access to the support & services of our "Civilization". There are several Western States that fit the bill: Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Idaho, Utah, Northern Alaska, Oregon & Washington State. If you are willing to go out of the US, pretty much anyplace in Northern Canada will work.
RochBob is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 07:46 PM   #30
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

"Off the grid" ... like Christopher McCandless in Alaska. And Sweetwater County, Wyoming, has plenty of wide open space ... not much water ... but plenty of space, and since it's more than a mile high, it only gets to thirty to forty below in the winter.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women