Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60382
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41568
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35954
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-14-2020, 03:54 PM   #241
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
Cuban didn't buy the Mavs to make money, he did it to win a title. clearly at some point in the future he'll get his 225 m back in spades when the team is sold, probably by his kids after he dies. the value of the Mavs today compared to what Cuban paid is easily 6 to 7 fold, in the billions.
Correct. He loves basketball and he bought an asset that is worth damn near 8'x's more than he paid for it. His two best players are not black. That asset will just increase in value. Luca is not good. That kid is great and he is only getting better and he is only 21 years old. Porzingis is not great yet but I have no doubt he will get there.

Having said that, my beloved Lakers better win a championship soon because those Mavs kids are about to be a handful and the Lakers are not getting any younger.
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 04:28 PM   #242
Financeman22
Premium Access

Encounters: 40

They have a right to peaceful protest, but only because of the Veterans of yesterday, today
and tomorrow Who have ensured that freedom for them!
Semper Fi
Financeman22 is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 04:43 PM   #243
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Financeman22 View Post
They have a right to peaceful protest, but only because of the Veterans of yesterday, today
Semper Fi
Very well said, Marine. Thank you for your service.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:07 PM   #244
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
the Mavs always have lost money under Cubes despite the fact he did elevate them to two appearances in the Finals and winning one. i read an article a few years back where he and Ross Perot Jr were sniping about the Mavs losing money. Perot complained that the Mavs had lost a total of 300 million over the length of Cuban's majority ownership and that as a minority owner he felt that was too much. what Perot didn't say but Cuban did is that as majority owner 75% of that 300 m loss he paid about 225 million of that. the rest, about 75 m was split between the minority owners. i think Perot's end was about 4 million total. given that Jr is a billionaire thanks to daddy, Cuban likened his part of the bill as "scooping up change from your couch".

bahhaaaaa

in fact the Mavs up to the point that article was written only made money two seasons under Cuban's ownership and neither were their Finals appearances. i do recall one season was the year after they won which you'd expect. their merchandise was a hot seller as champions and you'd figure they got a bump in ticket revenue as well.

Cuban didn't buy the Mavs to make money, he did it to win a title. clearly at some point in the future he'll get his 225 m back in spades when the team is sold, probably by his kids after he dies. the value of the Mavs today compared to what Cuban paid is easily 6 to 7 fold, in the billions.

In 2020, the Dallas Mavericks franchise had an estimated value of 2.4 billion U.S. dollars.Feb 20, 2020

Cuban paid 285 million to Perot to become majority owner. tack on say 300 m in losses he's had to directly cover to date and it's still a drop in the bucket to what he'd realize when he sells the team.

In May 2010, H. Ross Perot, Jr., who retained 5% ownership, filed a lawsuit against Cuban, alleging the franchise was insolvent or in imminent danger of insolvency. In June 2010, Cuban responded in a court filing maintaining Perot is wrongly seeking money to offset some $100 million in losses on the Victory Park real estate development.[95][96] The lawsuit was dismissed in 2011, due in part to Cuban asserting proper management of the team due to its recent victory in the 2011 NBA Finals.[97] In 2014, the 5th Circuit Court affirmed that decision on appeal. Following his initial defeat, Perot attempted to shut out Mavericks fans from use of the parking lots he controlled near the American Airlines Center.[98][99]
That was the valuation prior to the pandemic.

Has the valuation been adjusted?
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:09 PM   #245
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Financeman22 View Post
Semper Fi
Unfortunately, we haven't received nearly all of the freedoms veterans fought for....we certainly aren't as free as we once were...
Old 08-14-2020, 07:12 PM   #246
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
That was the valuation prior to the pandemic.

Has the valuation been adjusted?

considering Cubes isn't likely to sell anytime soon it doesn't matter. he should be worried about the chain of movie theaters he invested in that have been closed for months now. looks like theaters are going to reopen soon so maybe he hasn't lost too much money there ..

BAHHAAA
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:38 PM   #247
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas McCain View Post
Correct. He loves basketball and he bought an asset that is worth damn near 8'x's more than he paid for it. His two best players are not black. That asset will just increase in value. Luca is not good. That kid is great and he is only getting better and he is only 21 years old. Porzingis is not great yet but I have no doubt he will get there.

Having said that, my beloved Lakers better win a championship soon because those Mavs kids are about to be a handful and the Lakers are not getting any younger.

i'd agree with the 8x valuation. that was my calculation but i hedged it to a "mere" 6 to 7 fold. lol

yep. the core of Porzingis and especially Luka Dončić is primed to be the basis of a serious title contender for some time.

Luka is the key. Porziņģis just needs to stay healthy and play solid ball. recall that some teams were reluctant to trade for him due to his knee injury while with the Knicks. so far Cuban's gamble is looking good, Porziņģis is 25, Luka 21. a core that could win big for a decade with a little luck and money .. the latter Cuban has .. all he needs is the former.

speaking of the Mav's title appearances .. they should have won the first match up with Miami .. all they had then was Wade. they were up 2-0 in the series then let Wade play one on one with the whole Mav's gotdam team.

fucking stupid move by the completely out-coached Avery Johnson. no wonder Cuban fired him. Pat Riley took him to school. made a fool of him and validated why he fired Van Gundy and took over as coach.

what Johnson should have done is play a box-and-one defense on Wade. just like my Celtics did to Kobe. the Celts forced the rest of the Lakers to step up and they weren't up to it, especially Gasol.

and i'll beat you to the punch .. in their rematch Gasol was up to it and the Celts lost that series.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:43 PM   #248
Strokey_McDingDong
Account Frozen

C'MON MAAAAAANN
Strokey_McDingDong is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:17 PM   #249
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

I was pissed that the Lakers didn't sell out for Porzingis when he was on the trading block. The Knicks are stupid. Go fleece them. Fortunately, they went after Anthony Davis instead. I'm cool with that but James Dolan is a sensitive bitch and Porzingis went public about not wanting to play for the Knicks. I don't think it would have really taken that much to trade for him. The combo of AD and KP playing together still makes my dick hard.

Edit: Sorry oeb11, the NBA will not be going bankrupt. There are too many people like me out there who love the game. You keep wasting your time wishing for the worst though. The NBA will continue to thrive with or without people like you. You can bet that shit
Old 08-14-2020, 08:23 PM   #250
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas McCain View Post
I was pissed that the Lakers didn't sell out for Porzingis when he was on the trading block. The Knicks are stupid. Go fleece them. Fortunately, they went after Anthony Davis instead. I'm cool with that but James Dolan is a sensitive bitch and Porzingis went public about not wanting to play for the Knicks. I don't think it would have really taken that much to trade for him. The combo of AD and KP playing together still makes my dick hard.

you are better off with Davis. he's by far the more dominate center at this point. probably always will be no matter how Porzingis develops. Davis a force on the court.

Dolan is proof money can't buy brains. the Knicks are a train wreck and always will be under his ownership.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:40 PM   #251
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

I'll take AD over KP every single day. But that pick and roll and rim protection would be awesome if they played together. And no, not that "rim" perverts. LOL
Old 08-14-2020, 10:51 PM   #252
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
i'd agree with the 8x valuation. that was my calculation but i hedged it to a "mere" 6 to 7 fold. lol

yep. the core of Porzingis and especially Luka Dončić is primed to be the basis of a serious title contender for some time.

Luka is the key. Porziņģis just needs to stay healthy and play solid ball. recall that some teams were reluctant to trade for him due to his knee injury while with the Knicks. so far Cuban's gamble is looking good, Porziņģis is 25, Luka 21. a core that could win big for a decade with a little luck and money .. the latter Cuban has .. all he needs is the former.

speaking of the Mav's title appearances .. they should have won the first match up with Miami .. all they had then was Wade. they were up 2-0 in the series then let Wade play one on one with the whole Mav's gotdam team.

fucking stupid move by the completely out-coached Avery Johnson. no wonder Cuban fired him. Pat Riley took him to school. made a fool of him and validated why he fired Van Gundy and took over as coach.

what Johnson should have done is play a box-and-one defense on Wade. just like my Celtics did to Kobe. the Celts forced the rest of the Lakers to step up and they weren't up to it, especially Gasol.

and i'll beat you to the punch .. in their rematch Gasol was up to it and the Celts lost that series.
I always thought Avery Johnson was a decent guy.

Unfortunately in America, winning is all that matters.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:52 PM   #253
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Quote:
considering Cubes isn't likely to sell anytime soon it doesn't matter. he should be worried about the chain of movie theaters he invested in that have been closed for months now. looks like theaters are going to reopen soon so maybe he hasn't lost too much money there ..

BAHHAAA
Movie theatres are a seriously impaired investment at this point.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:23 PM   #254
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

Quote:
fucking stupid move by the completely out-coached Avery Johnson. no wonder Cuban fired him.
I met Avery Johnson at the airport when he was the coach at Alabama. Apparently he still lives in DFW during the offseason. He was a really nice guy. I knew he was tiny but I did not know he was that fucking tiny. He was cool and polite though and I just said "good luck with the season, coach". I think he was fired that season or the next by Alabama.

I was heading to Houston for work and I assumed he was going there for recruiting. I didn't ask him because I didn't care. For all I know he could have had family that lived there. He is from Louisiana so I had no clue whether he was going there for family or for recruiting a player. I know a lot of those Katrina displaced people from NOLA just stayed in Houston so I didn't want to ask him anything about his trip there.
Old 08-15-2020, 12:11 AM   #255
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

the uni-brow dude is a dick head.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women