Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41568
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35954
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 12-25-2022, 12:28 PM   #211
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Lol. That last drive doesn’t happen we’re wondering if we have a complete bust at QB. 1pgh your constant propping up of Tomlin is getting real old. Starting to come across as Berry2 with the one sided slant. Seriously
Charley3 is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 12:50 PM   #212
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
Lol. That last drive doesn’t happen we’re wondering if we have a complete bust at QB. 1pgh your constant propping up of Tomlin is getting real old. Starting to come across as Berry2 with the one sided slant. Seriously
Stumbling further into mediocrity.

Perhaps we could get Slash to come out of retirement, or Bubby Brister, those were the days.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 02:25 PM   #213
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

That last drive was great, especially considering the extreme conditions they were playing in, and you could see that Tomlin said some words to the individual offensive players right before they went out for the drive, so good job coach. But also over the course of the game they outplayed the Raiders in every meaningful category other than kicking. KP had more yards than Carr, more yards per attempt, double the Passer Rating, triple the QBR, two less INT, more first downs, much better completion percentage and took three less sacks (0). Najee outran Jacob's in both yards and average,and the receivers outplayed those of the Raiders.

On defense you have the converse of all those three things plus the INTs, sacks, and pressures.

I'm not gonna place a lot of blame on Boz because reasonable people take the extreme weather into considerations when judging all aspects of that particular game, but if he didn't miss those two it would most likely have been a more relaxing finish. Other than the first drive, the raiders offense was terrible. The weather and the relentless pressure started to negatively affect them pretty early. That said, the finish was befitting of the ceremony.

They also out coached them, including even Canada, who I've been critical of at times. That play call to Hayward on the last first down was great. For him to get that first down as easily as he did, most of the Raiders had to bite on Najee up the middle and they did.

It's hard for me to understand why a very small percentage of fans want to shit on what the vast majority considered to be a great night. My guess is that in many cases it's something that I'm not allowed to talk about, even though talking about it isn't against any of the stated forum rules.

People who understand the culture of football don't root for the Steelers to lose on purpose, and don't make up lies insinuating that Bill Cowher would do so. The franchises who are consistently competitive, which the Steelers are (despite the irrational analysis some subsets like to make), don't purposely tank.
1pittsburgh is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 03:55 PM   #214
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
That last drive was great, especially considering the extreme conditions they were playing in, and you could see that Tomlin said some words to the individual offensive players right before they went out for the drive, so good job coach. But also over the course of the game they outplayed the Raiders in every meaningful category other than kicking. KP had more yards than Carr, more yards per attempt, double the Passer Rating, triple the QBR, two less INT, more first downs, much better completion percentage and took three less sacks (0). Najee outran Jacob's in both yards and average,and the receivers outplayed those of the Raiders.

On defense you have the converse of all those three things plus the INTs, sacks, and pressures.

I'm not gonna place a lot of blame on Boz because reasonable people take the extreme weather into considerations when judging all aspects of that particular game, but if he didn't miss those two it would most likely have been a more relaxing finish. Other than the first drive, the raiders offense was terrible. The weather and the relentless pressure started to negatively affect them pretty early. That said, the finish was befitting of the ceremony.

They also out coached them, including even Canada, who I've been critical of at times. That play call to Hayward on the last first down was great. For him to get that first down as easily as he did, most of the Raiders had to bite on Najee up the middle and they did.

It's hard for me to understand why a very small percentage of fans want to shit on what the vast majority considered to be a great night. My guess is that in many cases it's something that I'm not allowed to talk about, even though talking about it isn't against any of the stated forum rules.

People who understand the culture of football don't root for the Steelers to lose on purpose, and don't make up lies insinuating that Bill Cowher would do so. The franchises who are consistently competitive, which the Steelers are (despite the irrational analysis some subsets like to make), don't purposely tank.

Tell that to my friend who has had season tickets for decades, who gives them away, when he can find someone to take them.

He as well as many former fans despise them now.

When they went woke that was the final straw.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 04:20 PM   #215
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
Tell that to my friend who has had season tickets for decades, who gives them away, when he can find someone to take them.

He as well as many former fans despise them now.

When they went woke that was the final straw.
Well, as we've previously covered, aside from the Covid anomaly of 2020, the Steelers revenue, and value increases every year. On top of that, it's reported that people who have been on the waiting list since 1998 are starting to receive season ticket licenses, which makes it around a 24 year wait, one of the longest in the league, so its safe to say that Art couldn't care less that a relatively small percentage of irrational fans are angry that players put things like "end racism" and "end hate" on the back of their helmets, which has absolutely no negative effect on the play of the game. Your single anecdote that you keep repeating does nothing to change that. If he hates them so much, he can sell his seat license for much more than he paid for it if he's had it since they built Heinz Field.

They honor members of the military at every single home game, so as I said, it's nothing but irrational anger. They never disrespected the flag, but a lot of the folks who are angry about such things hypocritically disrespect the flag on a regular basis according to the US flag code.

Funny that people are just now mad about the Steelers being woke, when they've been woke since at least the 70s. With Joe Guillam, they were one of the first teams to have a black QB start a game, and without what the great Bill Nun did with his innovative recruiting at the HBCU, one could argue that the franchise would not be nearly as great. These names include Mel Blount, Donnie Shell, John Stallworth, LC Greenwood, and Greg Lloyd. Four HOF guys and a legendary All Pro.

The truth doesn't agree with your narrative.
Old 12-25-2022, 04:26 PM   #216
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

BTW, any proof yet of the thing you made up about Cowher knowing how to lose on purpose?
Old 12-25-2022, 05:54 PM   #217
Devo
Valued Poster

So, wokeness started with Jackie Robinson?

You mean there were no black players before the Kneelers aquired one?

You know what woke means, don't try to deny what they did by bringing up actions that had nothing to do with the post 2016 things the leagues started to do to push an agenda that has and should have no place in our entertainment.

I would say the Steelers Wokeness started when they gave Obama a jersey and thanked him for winning a superbowl.

As for the Steelers, they have notoriously treated their black players one way, and far different than the white players, Joe Guilliam, was one of the first victims I remember when he appeared to be the better QB, but they went with Bradshaw instead, Joe ended up destitute and on the street, Bradshaw went on to a career in movies and on TV.

I believe the ownerships past treatment of black players was the guilt that came to be the "Rooney Rule" in attonement for their history.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 05:59 PM   #218
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
BTW, any proof yet of the thing you made up about Cowher knowing how to lose on purpose?
If you don't think bad teams throw games to get a better pick, you are pretty clueless.

Its no different than benching your starters and allowing a team to play your second string, making it easier for them to get a win, especially if that win has playoff ramifications.

By your thinking, there should be a punishment then for not playing your best players in every game?

Because to me, all the paying fans should see the best product the team can put on the field.

Shit, half the Shitt football team isn't going to play in their bowl game, is that fair?

Or, should they be forced to play in the bowls as well?
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 06:37 PM   #219
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 16

Quote:

the head coach is similar to being a president of a corp. You put people in place to make the team a winner and to achieve the goal which is to be the best

so if your team fails, you fail, if the team wins, you win

I wont say tomlin is a bad coach, far from it but he isnt a great coach meaning, noll, shula , belichick, landry, Lombardi and walsh

I think he is a good coach and I would call him a very good coach if he had been better at choosing his staff the last few years. that is the one bad thing about tomlin. he needs to clean house in terms of virtually every coach from OC, DC, special teams and so on. the talent on this team should have made for more wins. highest paid defense cant even tackle properly. run defense is horrible offense is well you know offensive
chizzy is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 07:31 PM   #220
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzy View Post
the head coach is similar to being a president of a corp. You put people in place to make the team a winner and to achieve the goal which is to be the best

so if your team fails, you fail, if the team wins, you win

I wont say tomlin is a bad coach, far from it but he isnt a great coach meaning, noll, shula , belichick, landry, Lombardi and walsh

I think he is a good coach and I would call him a very good coach if he had been better at choosing his staff the last few years. that is the one bad thing about tomlin. he needs to clean house in terms of virtually every coach from OC, DC, special teams and so on. the talent on this team should have made for more wins. highest paid defense cant even tackle properly. run defense is horrible offense is well you know offensive
I agree 100%. I don’t want him fired at this time. But I do want someone to help him hire his assistants. Hes terrible at that. He’s a great motivator but not an offensive strategist AT ALL and makes questionable decisions with a very high paid defense. This is why his best years were with Dick Lebeou as his defensive coordinator. Think I’m wrong. Buy any of those players a drink and ask their opinion. They would kill for Lebeow.
I can’t call a coach who hasn’t won a playoff game in 6 years a great coach. Who has won just 5 freaking playoff games since 2008! That’s not a great coach. What he is good at is keeping his players interest when a lot of coaches lose their team. There’s value in that, but I’m insulted when anyone insinuates that I’m questioning his “greatness” for racial issues.
Old 12-25-2022, 08:25 PM   #221
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Another thing I don’t like about Tomlin is he doesn’t play his depth enough. Mark Robinson needs to play? He has flashes but If his not good we need a lot of ILB help. Same with OG. We better be giving up on Kendrick Green, because they’re not playing him! He doesn’t give himself enough answers going into a draft. We need a lot Of help.
Thought Kenny threw the ball out of bounds way to much. protect the ball but we need a qb who will make plays. I think he can, but an OC better then Canada would help.
Old 12-26-2022, 05:33 AM   #222
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
If you don't think bad teams throw games to get a better pick, you are pretty clueless.

Its no different than benching your starters and allowing a team to play your second string, making it easier for them to get a win, especially if that win has playoff ramifications.

By your thinking, there should be a punishment then for not playing your best players in every game?

Because to me, all the paying fans should see the best product the team can put on the field.

Shit, half the Shitt football team isn't going to play in their bowl game, is that fair?

Or, should they be forced to play in the bowls as well?
All that to say that you don't have proof?

Bad franchises tank for pics. Which IS illegal. The Steelers are not a bad franchise. They're 6-2 with TJ Watt in the lineup. It's understandable that when you lose your DPOY and IMO league MVP candidate, it's gonna have a negative effect. People who understand NFL football and aren't consumed with irrational anger understand this.

Resting your starters for the last game of the season, when you're locked in on a specific playoff seed with nothing to gain or lose, isn't nearly the same thing. It's so that they can put their best possible team in the playoffs at as close to full strength as they can be.

People who understand NFL football and aren't consumed with irrational anger know that what college football players do in regards to bowl games has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation.

Any proof of the thing you made up about Cowher?

Did you inform your friend that he can probably make a profit selling his PSL? Should be a no brainer if he's so mad that they write things like "end racism" and "end hate" on their helmets.
Old 12-26-2022, 06:02 AM   #223
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Another thing I don’t like about Tomlin is he doesn’t play his depth enough. Mark Robinson needs to play? He has flashes but If his not good we need a lot of ILB help. Same with OG. We better be giving up on Kendrick Green, because they’re not playing him! He doesn’t give himself enough answers going into a draft. We need a lot Of help.
Thought Kenny threw the ball out of bounds way to much. protect the ball but we need a qb who will make plays. I think he can, but an OC better then Canada would help.
When Robinson learns the system well enough he'll see more playing time. He only switched to LB from RB in the spring of 2021 at Ole Miss. I don't think they drafted him with the intention of him making an impact right away. Spillane was been playing well lately. Jack and Bush have been up and down. With Watt in the lineup the Steelers defense has been playing well. They've only been giving up 17.5 with him in and that includes one bad game against the Bengals when they gave up 37. They've been dominant in the other seven games giving up and average of 15 and never more than 20.

It's difficult for me to focus in on individual lineman because I haven't memorized all these guys numbers, but I would agree that the O line needs to be more consistent. Sometimes the run blocking is great and sometimes it's bad. Pass blocking has been acceptable all things considered. They're ranked mid pack in sacks allowed right now. They need to clean up penalties but have been slightly improving there. I expect at least one of their top 3 pics to be spent there.

I think that most of the times that Kenny throws the ball out of bounds it's appropriate. He's improving game by game and had his first incredible game winning drive to help honor Franco. His passer rating was 135 on that drive. He's hard working, confident yet humble, a good leader, accurate enough, mobile enough, and sees the field very well for a rookie. If he keeps up the progress he will be a great Steeler.
Old 12-26-2022, 12:15 PM   #224
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
I’m insulted when anyone insinuates that I’m questioning his “greatness” for racial issues.
Who insinuate that about you? No one in this thread. Earlier in this thread, I even specifically said that I don't think you in particular are against him because of his race.

In another thread, you said something about your business practices that's an exact fit with one of the definitions, but I'm not allowed to talk about that. People are allowed to say all kinds of horrendous shit on here, but for some reason I'm not allowed to have an honest conversation about racism.
Old 12-26-2022, 03:11 PM   #225
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Pgh1 “It's hard for me to understand why a very small percentage of fans want to shit on what the vast majority considered to be a great night. My guess is that in many cases it's something that I'm not allowed to talk about, even though talking about it isn't against any of the stated forum rules.”

Here’s your answer dude. You’re constantly using racism every damn time the Steelers and Tomlin are criticized. I’m sick of it.
A lot of very smart football fans were also sick of the shitshow that was 95% of that game. From coming out with a soft run defense and a freaking passing attack on the first
Two drives on offense in sub zero temps to attempting to kick a 52 yard field goal in that weather. Yes, the end was a nice story for Franco!
Everything isn’t racism. Cowher was criticized heavily in this town. Stop this garbage.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women