Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41564
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35950
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-13-2014, 11:01 PM   #196
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCap View Post
Maybe part of the issue is y'all weighing so heavily the opinion of economists. Economists don't stitch wounds, feed people, build shelter, or create anything of value. They only create self-serving hypotheses. Economists sit in their own feces masturbating. Fuck economists.
Your characterization is not entirely inaccurate. But then you wake up one day and discover we have runaway inflation, or a collapsing dollar, or soaring layoffs, or unsustainable public debts, or (gulp) all of the above - and suddenly you yell at the economists to stop masturbating and tell us how can we fix this mess.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:19 PM   #197
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Surprised you didn't mention Chile and their Death Squads...
http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...ile-earthquake

Personally I agree with this assessment

http://myweb.liu.edu/~uroy/eco54/his...dKeynes-SP.htm
First link is wildly inaccurate libtard historical revisionism... second link is better.

"... Friedman improved the quality of thinking in every debate he entered."

Very true. Sometimes in smackdown rather than debate mode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWsx1X8PV_A
Old 02-13-2014, 11:43 PM   #198
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

where does,it say 2.3 million jobs,would be lost.

It doesn't.

so you're making up more shit for a change.

Big fucking whoop
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:32 AM   #199
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
where does,it say 2.3 million jobs,would be lost.

It doesn't.

so you're making up more shit for a change.

Big fucking whoop

You're the one who is "making up more shit". You already asked this moronic question 144 posts ago. Are you blind, stupid, lazy or all three? Here is the link, read it for yourself and stop wasting everyone's time:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.document...bor-report.pdf

"CBO estimates that the ACA will reduce the total number of hours worked, on net, by about 1.5 percent to 2.0 percent during the period from 2017 to 2024, almost entirely because workers will choose to supply less labor... The reduction in CBO’s projections of hours worked represents a decline in the number of full-time-equivalent workers of about 2.0 million in 2017, rising to about 2.5 million in 2024."

Sheesh.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:55 AM   #200
JohnnyCap
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Your characterization is not entirely inaccurate. But then you wake up one day and discover we have runaway inflation, or a collapsing dollar, or soaring layoffs, or unsustainable public debts, or (gulp) all of the above - and suddenly you yell at the economists to stop masturbating and tell us how can we fix this mess.
That would be like asking the rapist to restore my daughter's virginity.

I was being kind before. The start of the solution would be a firing squad for all economists. Maybe they could be allowed to live if they promised not to speak or write.

But the idea of thinking those who fucked the monkey can un-fuck it is ludicrous.
JohnnyCap is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:02 AM   #201
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
First link is wildly inaccurate libtard historical revisionism... second link is better.
What part is inaccurate Dickhead?

Quote:
second link is better.

"... Friedman improved the quality of thinking in every debate he entered."

Very true. Sometimes in smackdown rather than debate mode:
You do understand the point of the second link? No you don't. A shame really. Let me explain it to you, Friedman's policies are no longer good for this era.....just as JMK were no longer good at some point in history. In a ever changing eco system , what was once good policy may be out of date. The article was not a slam to Keynes but a salute to both Keynes and Friedman....I think he threw in Galbreth (sp) too.

Quote:

Personally I agree with this assessment

http://myweb.liu.edu/~uroy/eco54/his...dKeynes-SP.htm

The dirty little secret is that there are few scientific truths in economics analogous to the laws of thermodynamics or genetics. Economics is a social science, not a physical one, in which people and systems are constantly adapting to changing conditions. The policies that may be good for one era may not be right for the next. And it is the truly great economists who spot the changing dynamics, acknowledge the inadequacy of the old prescriptions and are clever enough to come up with something better.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #202
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:

You do understand the point of the second link? No you don't. A shame really. Let me explain it to you, Friedman's policies are no longer good for this era.....just as JMK were no longer good at some point in history. In a ever changing eco system , what was once good policy may be out of date. The article was not a slam to Keynes but a salute to both Keynes and Friedman....I think he threw in Galbreth (sp) too.

leave these old derelicts to their own design ... the 60's suits them well ..
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #203
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCap View Post
I was being kind before. The start of the solution would be a firing squad for all economists. Maybe they could be allowed to live if they promised not to speak or write.

But the idea of thinking those who fucked the monkey can un-fuck it is ludicrous.
Economists can recommend policies but can't implement them. Implementation is up to our elected representatives and professional politicians. Most of them are lawyers with little or no background in economics. They're the ones who fucked the monkey and deserve the firing squad.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:02 PM   #204
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:

Pinochet's economic record is completely distorted. You are way off topic here. Start another thread if you want to discuss Chile.

You make too many blanket statements. However, I agree with you (who woulda thunk it, fagboy?) that "what was once good policy may be out of date". Friedman's biggest contributions were in analyzing the effects of monetary policy. Wish he was around today to opine on QE. Right now inflation is subdued. If/when it comes roaring back, Friedman's analyses will be back in fashion.

xx
Old 02-14-2014, 01:16 PM   #205
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Pinochet's economic record is completely distorted. You are way off topic here. Start another thread if you want to discuss Chile.
Is it a distortion that he had Death Squads?

Quote:
You make too many blanket statements. However, I agree with you (who woulda thunk it, fagboy?) that "what was once good policy may be out of date". Friedman's biggest contributions were in analyzing the effects of monetary policy. Wish he was around today to opine on QE. Right now inflation is subdued. If/when it comes roaring back, Friedman's analyses will be back in fashion.
Just like Keynes was back in fashion after the '08 meltdown.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #206
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:

Just like Keynes was back in fashion after the '08 meltdown.

Keynes was an advocate of higher government spending during recessions. Libtards like you have distorted his teachings to justify perpetual spending on your pet programs in good years and bad. You gleefully invoke Keynes as giving you a license to run spending deficits throughout the entire business cycle. You are heretics who have given Keynes a bad name.

Why is the economy in recession 10% of the time yet the federal budget is in deficit 90% of the time?

Chew on that one, fagboy.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #207
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Keynes was an advocate of higher government spending during recessions. Libtards like you have distorted his teachings to justify perpetual spending on your pet programs in good years and bad. You gleefully invoke Keynes as giving you a license to run spending deficits throughout the entire business cycle. You are heretics who have given Keynes a bad name.

Why is the economy in recession 10% of the time yet the federal budget is in deficit 90% of the time?

No you dumb fuck...I understood we should not have lowered taxes in the mid decade. Taxes were to high when Reagan lowered them...but not so when GWB did so. And Reagan even raised them back! Not that you God Damn Tea Turkeys understand simple math. Start a War and lower taxes....who knew that would lead to a huge deficit!

I wasn't the one falling for this Trickle down Laffer Curve BS.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:34 PM   #208
JohnnyCap
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Economists can recommend policies but can't implement them. Implementation is up to our elected representatives and professional politicians. Most of them are lawyers with little or no background in economics. They're the ones who fucked the monkey and deserve the firing squad.

Another trip to Jackson Hole, please?

I have to pay taxes, too?

Piss on these fuckin' turds.
JohnnyCap is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #209
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
No you dumb fuck...I understood we should not have lowered taxes in the mid decade. Taxes were to high when Reagan lowered them...but not so when GWB did so. And Reagan even raised them back! Not that you God Damn Tea Turkeys understand simple math. Start a War and lower taxes....who knew that would lead to a huge deficit!

I wasn't the one falling for this Trickle down Laffer Curve BS.

The Laffer Curve earned its name from a 1978 article by the late Jude Wanniski (then-associate editor of the Wall Street Journal) appearing in The Public Interest entitled, “Taxes, Revenues, and the ‘Laffer Curve.’” Wanniski recounted a 1974 dinner he attended with Arthur Laffer (the professor at The University of Chicago), Donald Rumsfeld (chief of staff to President Gerald Ford), and Dick Cheney (Rumsfeld’s deputy and a former classmate of Laffer’s). When the foursome’s dinner discussion turned to President Ford’s “WIN” (Whip Inflation Now) proposal for tax increases, Dr. Laffer is said to have grabbed his napkin to sketch the curve as an illustration of the tradeoff between tax rates and tax revenues. Wanniski dubbed the tradeoff described as the “Laffer Curve.”

a fukin NAPKIN ... !!

small wonder shit like that makes sense to IDIOTS ..
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:00 PM   #210
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Taxes were to (sic) high when Reagan lowered them...but not so when GWB did so.
Let's see... When Reagan came in (1981) federal taxes were running at 19.6% of GDP... when GWB came in (2001) they were running at 19.5% of GDP... yeah right, fagboy, great point there! I see the difference.

Quote:
No you dumb fuck... I understood we should not have lowered taxes in the mid decade... Start a War and lower taxes....who knew that would lead to a huge deficit!
You misdiagnosed the problem. Bushieboy's biggest failure was not controlling spending. He was indistinguishable from you libtards in that respect. There was no revenue problem. In fact, federal revenues swelled by 44% between 2003 (when taxes were cut) and 2007, jumping from $1,783 bn to $2,568 bn. Sorta counter-intuitive, huh? Chew on that, fagboy.

Only a retard would blame budget deficits a decade later on the Bushie tax cuts. To put it in perspective - what if Gerald Ford back in 1974 said the JFK tax cuts (enacted in 1964) were responsible for ballooning the deficit under his watch? He would have been laughed at and ridiculed by every economist alive.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women