Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70718
biomed162767
Yssup Rider60471
gman4453240
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48487
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41834
CryptKicker37190
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36226
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-30-2021, 09:03 AM   #166
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Speedo, those who vote for it won't be paying it off. Right now about 45 of the states are paying off the "grant" money to about five states, who engaged in frivolous, social programs of wasteful spending. Unfortunately, you live in one of those states that is a primary contributor for repayment.

I recall the last time people and businesses fled California. Reliant Energy submitted a rate increase for Texas utility consumers that included the losses Reliant suffered from the nonpayment of utilities in California as folks left without paying. The Texas PUC passed it.

Why are basic goods being priced higher today? It's not to increase wages in Texas or cover the increased fuel costs based on higher taxes on the fuel.

A gallon of regular in California costs about $1.50 more than in Texas.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 10:41 AM   #167
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Yes, inflation is on the rise as we come out of the pandemic. But most economists expect it to be short lived.

The Federal Reserve, whose job it is to keep price growth stable, has been telling anyone who’ll listen to expect higher inflation in the near term as the economy gets back to normal. The Fed is also saying that near-term inflation increases should give way to more healthy price growth over the longer haul.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/inves...ing-right-now/

Regarding the economy under Biden, I worry more about the proposed spending than long term inflation. A $6 trillion budget? I know it won't get passed but how will it get paid for?
Larry Summers, arguably the best known Democratic Party politician, is shouting from the rooftops about this -- loose Fed policy combined with huge stimulus spending is running the risk of creating stagflation. Or the Fed at some point may have to raise interest rates sky high to choke off inflation, putting us into a deep recession. And a third possibility is something like the Japanese malaise -- a low growth or no growth economy with a hugely indebted government. Those are Summers views, not mine. This is above my paygrade.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 11:19 AM   #168
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedonistForever View Post
Bingo! So here's an idea, lets discuss topics without regard to which network is saying what! Wouldn't that be a nice change. "This is what I believe regardless of how I came to believe it", against "this is what I believe which is different than what you believe and here's why".

But I guess that would be asking to much.

Why is it so hard to believe that what I believe came from what I seeing being done and I either agree with it or disagree with it. I don't need anybody to tell me what I am seeing with my own eyes.

If Fox news went off the air tomorrow ( God forbid ) would my views change? No, they would not. As a matter of fact, I'm old enough to say that I had these views long before Fox News came on the air. I had these views watching Cronkite, Huntley Brinkley and Dan Rather.

As I've said many times, for me, everything comes after law and order. If you lose me on that like MSM does promoting the burning and looting in America because you're angry at being a failure in life, then I'm not watching you, period.

So, moving forward, lets just discuss/ debate/ argue what we believe and leave out an opinion on how we came to believe what we believe and if I put up an article from Fox News and you put one up from CNN, how about we just leave out any comments about them and concentrate on the topic at hand. Nah, who am I kidding, that would take a level of sophistication that doesn't exist here.
Hey Hedonist, I guess the point I was trying to make in response to bf0082's post is that their are five left of center television networks (MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC) with mainstream news, but only one that's right of center, FOX.

I agree with your suggestion. I sure don't like many of the editorial positions of, say, the Washington Post or the New York Times, but they do publish a lot of worthwhile pieces, many of which are non partisan.
Old 05-30-2021, 12:17 PM   #169
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Hey Hedonist, I guess the point I was trying to make in response to bf0082's post is that their are five left of center television networks (MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC) with mainstream news, but only one that's right of center, FOX.

One of my best Democrat friends insists that he doesn't see any left leaning from ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN while I freely admit that Fox leans, heavily if one insists, right. There is nothing wrong with leaning one way or the other since there is no such thing as purely unbiased news sources, I wish there were but putting a right or left "opinion" to a story doesn't bother me, it's understandable. Lying about a story like the whole Russian conspiracy story and many others by the left leaning media, is unacceptable. Denying common sense like the left leaning media has done from the very beginning of the Covid origin theory, simple because they did not want to be seen giving Trump any credit for being right, is the very worst kind of journalism. And yes, there is plenty to fault Fox news on like the coverage of Jan. 6th, they are not without fault but the ledger is so tilted against the left leaning media on a majority of these stories, it is obvious as hell.

I agree with your suggestion. I sure don't like many of the editorial positions of, say, the Washington Post or the New York Times, but they do publish a lot of worthwhile pieces, many of which are non partisan.

And I post them some times, when they are correct ( I'll refrain form using the word right ), which occasionally they are, example "Is Wokeness Kryptonite for Democrats". It's just intellectually dishonest to make one's only argument that "your source is bias" and quite the debate. OK, if it is, point out what's wrong. If one can not do that, it is a sure indication they don't have a clue what they are talking about and they can only repeat like a parrot, "that's biased" as a comeback argument.

In the words of Vitaman, "that ain't gonna cut it" but it's the best some of these guys have. It's disappointing.

And I'll give Speed Racer and yourself as examples of how to engage in actual debate

HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 12:32 PM   #170
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

What are Newsmax and OANN considered? How about Al Jazeera and BBC?

These networks occupy space on most cable networks, just like CNN or MSNBC.

Perhaps this is why so many hard right leaning blogs and social media sites are considered "news" by some.

Video killed the radio star, so to speak.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 01:07 PM   #171
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
What are Newsmax and OANN considered? How about Al Jazeera and BBC?

These networks occupy space on most cable networks, just like CNN or MSNBC.

Perhaps this is why so many hard right leaning blogs and social media sites are considered "news" by some.

Video killed the radio star, so to speak.
What is CNN and MSNBC considered? Ask 70% of their audience they lost this year!!!!

BAHAHAHAHA
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 02:03 PM   #172
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Hedonist and Yssup,

CNN most certainly has a strong bias towards the left, and NBC definitely has a leftwards bias too. I can say that with confidence because I watch them. ABC and CBS, I don't know so well, but people who assign ratings for bias think they're left of center.

I don't think OANN and Newsmax are mainstream. Their viewership is tiny compared to the rest. I rarely watch Al Jazeera, but yes, BBC would be pretty middle of the road as far as American politics are concerned. Or maybe I get that impression because the USA isn't their primary focus.

And yes, maybe more right of center, mainstream news would be a good thing, if it would take bandwidth away from some of the Alt R (alternate reality) sources. I don't understand why there aren't more. America's pretty divided, maybe two or three percent more lean left than right. These television news networks are in business to sell commercials, so it seems like you'd see a more even division in right vs. left, instead of having most lean left.
Old 05-30-2021, 03:28 PM   #173
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedonistForever View Post
And I post them some times, when they are correct ( I'll refrain form using the word right ), which occasionally they are, example "Is Wokeness Kryptonite for Democrats". It's just intellectually dishonest to make one's only argument that "your source is bias" and quite the debate. OK, if it is, point out what's wrong. If one can not do that, it is a sure indication they don't have a clue what they are talking about and they can only repeat like a parrot, "that's biased" as a comeback argument.

In the words of Vitaman, "that ain't gonna cut it" but it's the best some of these guys have. It's disappointing.

And I'll give Speed Racer and yourself as examples of how to engage in actual debate
Thank you.
SpeedRacerXXX is online now   Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 03:34 PM   #174
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Hedonist and Yssup,

CNN most certainly has a strong bias towards the left, and NBC definitely has a leftwards bias too. I can say that with confidence because I watch them. ABC and CBS, I don't know so well, but people who assign ratings for bias think they're left of center.

I don't think OANN and Newsmax are mainstream. Their viewership is tiny compared to the rest. I rarely watch Al Jazeera, but yes, BBC would be pretty middle of the road as far as American politics are concerned. Or maybe I get that impression because the USA isn't their primary focus.

And yes, maybe more right of center, mainstream news would be a good thing, if it would take bandwidth away from some of the Alt R (alternate reality) sources. I don't understand why there aren't more. America's pretty divided, maybe two or three percent more lean left than right. These television news networks are in business to sell commercials, so it seems like you'd see a more even division in right vs. left, instead of having most lean left.
I watch local channels for the local news and ABC Nightly News with David Muir. Only during election time will I turn on CNN or Fox News, and I like to switch back and forth between the two channels. CNN is certainly left but MSNBC is off-the-scale left.
Old 05-30-2021, 06:03 PM   #175
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
I watch local channels for the local news and ABC Nightly News with David Muir. Only during election time will I turn on CNN or Fox News, and I like to switch back and forth between the two channels. CNN is certainly left but MSNBC is off-the-scale left.
So why do you watch them, they’re all propaganda machines. But you happily link those sources and ridicule people that don’t. Start to think for yourself Speedy.
Old 05-31-2021, 07:23 AM   #176
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
So why do you watch them, they’re all propaganda machines. But you happily link those sources and ridicule people that don’t. Start to think for yourself Speedy.
I will cite CNN news stories at times because reporting the news is totally different than commenting on the news, which is what CNN and FOX News do on tv.

I watch them during election time because I enjoy how they report the elections. I especially enjoy the analysis of John King on CNN, but I do not watch his show on CNN.

As for "think for yourself" -- with the number of websites that you use to support your POV that are ridiculouly far right of center and are notorious for distorting the truth, you are the last person who should criticize others for using what you deem to be inappropriate sources.
Old 05-31-2021, 07:51 AM   #177
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
I will cite CNN news stories at times because reporting the news is totally different than commenting on the news, which is what CNN and FOX News do on tv.

I watch them during election time because I enjoy how they report the elections. I especially enjoy the analysis of John King on CNN, but I do not watch his show on CNN.

As for "think for yourself" -- with the number of websites that you use to support your POV that are ridiculouly far right of center and are notorious for distorting the truth, you are the last person who should criticize others for using what you deem to be inappropriate sources.
They are not “far” right. You have yet to prove one of those links as false. But the NYT, WAPO and all the major networks force fed us the Russian Collusion LIE!!!!!!! I stopped paying much attention to them 6yrs ago because I realized it was propaganda. They all use the same talking points down to the exact words.How does that happen? Including Fox News.
Old 05-31-2021, 08:15 AM   #178
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

What did you think he’d say, SpeedRacer?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 09:21 PM   #179
Tsmokies
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Looks like we can all agree that twit heads 30% will never get the biggest loser ever over 50%. Surprise surprise lol. I'm pretty sure Biden is still 60% plus
Tsmokies is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 05:54 AM   #180
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
They are not “far” right. You have yet to prove one of those links as false. But the NYT, WAPO and all the major networks force fed us the Russian Collusion LIE!!!!!!! I stopped paying much attention to them 6yrs ago because I realized it was propaganda. They all use the same talking points down to the exact words.How does that happen? Including Fox News.
I have supplied several links as to the political leanings of the websites you use to support your POV.

For example, The Gateway Pundit:

"The AllSides Bias Rating™ for The Gateway Pundit is far right. This is because the website actively posts articles supporting presidential candidate Donald Trump, while tearing down Secretary Hillary Clinton. The Gateway Pundit was founded in 2004 by two brothers. With community feedback and more research, the bias rating of far right is subject to change."

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/gateway-pundit

Overall, we rate The Gateway Pundit Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of conspiracies, and numerous instances of publishing false (fake) news.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-gateway-pundit/

And here are examples of times TGP made totally false claims:

https://www.politifact.com/personali...ateway-pundit/

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women