Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41565
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35954
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 10-25-2021, 01:42 PM   #136
Strokey_McDingDong
Account Frozen

who tf was that?
Strokey_McDingDong is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 02:14 PM   #137
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
"Die with it versus die from it" may indeed be unresolvable. But you can look at excess deaths instead. How many people died in 2020 compared to previous years? And based on that, the number of people who died as a result of the COVID epidemic in 2020 was almost certainly greater than the official CDC count of COVID deaths.

Scroll down to the table in this paper,

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2778234

You'll see that the CDC attributed 345,323 deaths to COVID 19 in 2020. HOWEVER, look at the total number of deaths during 2020, in the first row. They were up by 503,976 from 2019. Compare to the increase in the number deaths from 2018 to 2019 (15,633) or from 2017 to 2018 (25,702).

Total deaths attributed to heart disease, Alzheimer disease, and diabetes in 2020 showed anomalous increases over past years. Perhaps some of these deaths should have been attributed to COVID.

As to whether it's more contagious or more lethal or both, COVID is definitely more lethal. I'm not sure whether it's more contagious, and that might depend on the particular strain or variant of flu or coronavirus.

One other comment, the common cold, which is often caused by coronaviruses, isn't normally lethal. Flu can be.

Tiny - Thanks for the info. No question that covid-19 was the primary cause of the spike in US deaths in 2020. I don't care to be dragged into the "with it versus from it" debate, so I recommend applying the same (non-controversial?) methodology to covid-19 deaths as we have been using for years to estimate annual flu deaths.

I know there is a difference between bacterial and viral infections. I include both in the category of "common cold".

I've seen a lot of estimates of contagiousness over the course of this pandemic. For instance, the delta variant is supposed to be 3-5 times more contagious than the original covid virus. I believe this is measured by how many other people, on average, are infected by each new positive case. For most seasonal flu viruses, I think the ratio is less than 1:1, which suggests the spread will eventually peter out well short of any "herd immunity".

The problem we have in measuring covid-19 lethality is we've been under-estimating the number of cases from Day One. We only counted people who are tested. We failed to capture the millions of asymptomatic cases where people didn't get tested. The CDC waited until January 2021 to revise its estimate of total US cases to reflect this. Then they jacked up the case number by a factor of 3x, as I recall! This obviously pushes down the lethality estimate too, lowering it by 2/3 or more.

I haven't checked for more recent CDC updates on the total cases and lethality (deaths/total cases) numbers, have you?

When all is said and done, the numbers could conceivably show covid is not much more lethal than the seasonal flu, given that the flu is less contagious, more contained, and doesn't rip through the entire population the way covid has. Admittedly, I am speculating. I know you follow this shit more closely than I do.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 02:27 PM   #138
FatCity
BANNED

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
The problem we have in measuring covid-19 lethality is we've been under-estimating the number of cases from Day One.
how do you figure?
They classified EVERY death as COVID if they were unsure or had a COVID test performed during all of 2020. The CDC, themselves, had to revise this death statistics that suicides and car accidents weren't really COVID deaths.

The challenge you're having is you're using the STATS as the infallible Gospel. You would be right to do this in most situations, however, from the beginning they purposely corrupted these statistics. In the summer of 2020, they revised what a "case" was....it was ANYONE that reported common cold symptoms even if they didn't have a test performed. The PCR test is perverted to run higher cycles than any other test to flag on anything remotely considered to be related to a SARS virus artifact. They then revised "cases" to count up to a dozen people in your household if you reported symptoms yourself. So ONE PERSON who had the sniffles, would trigger 12 other people you're around = 13 cases reported of COVID.

If we're about science and cold hard data, WHY on earth would anyone do that?

They are relying on all of us to just read headlines and not dig even an inch deeper
FatCity is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 03:40 PM   #139
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCity View Post
how do you figure?
They classified EVERY death as COVID if they were unsure or had a COVID test performed during all of 2020...

The challenge you're having is you're using the STATS as the infallible Gospel.
I said we under-estimated the number of CASES, not deaths. Millions of people became infected but showed no symptoms. Because they showed no symptoms, they didn't get tested for covid. And because they weren't tested, they were not counted in the official covid case totals.

Far from using the CDC numbers as the "infallible Gospel", I pointed out that the CDC fucked up bigly. For almost a year it under-estimated the true number of cases. This wasn't just a minor fuck-up either. When the CDC finally revised its numbers last January, it acknowledged it had been off by a factor of 3x! The good news was this meant we were approaching herd immunity faster than anyone thought. It also meant the % lethality (deaths/total cases) is much lower than we thought, which is something I believe you were arguing earlier.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 05:26 PM   #140
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
I haven't checked for more recent CDC updates on the total cases and lethality (deaths/total cases) numbers, have you?
LustyLad, I think they stopped publishing new info on this around April of this year. They were publishing seroprevalence data from all 50 states up until about then. That is, the % of the population that tested positive for antibodies. And their planning scenarios showed ranges for infection fatality ratios. The vaccines threw a kink into this, because I believe the seroprevalance tests don't distinguish between antibodies from a natural infection and antibodies from vaccines.

Anyway, agreed, if there is such a thing as herd immunity for COVID we should be getting close to it. But I don't know if that concept is applicable, any more than it is for the flu.

Here's something that agrees fairly nicely with what you said. They think the ratio of actual to reported cases in May, 2021 was about 2.1. That number was much higher around the summer of 2020, maybe 8X from memory, as a result of undertesting, and has gradually decreased.

The overall infection-induced SARS-CoV-2 seroprevalence estimate increased from 3.5% (95% CI, 3.2%-3.8%) in July 2020 to 20.2% (95% CI, 19.9%-20.6%) in May 2021; the combined infection- and vaccination-induced seroprevalence estimate in May 2021 was 83.3% (95% CI, 82.9%-83.7%). By May 2021, 2.1 SARS-CoV-2 infections (95% CI, 2.0-2.1) per reported COVID-19 case were estimated to have occurred.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2784013
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 05:38 PM   #141
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

You boys should have been putting your money in the market during the height of the 2nd peak.

This was always a math problem and it has been pretty simple.

I hate to say it but lustylad is right....though it took him long enough to post about it. Natural immunity plus vaccines = this lowering of hospitalization and deaths. Plus they know so much more in regards to saving people with Covid.

Had the delta variant been the first to go through the population....there'd been a ton more deayhs.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 05:45 PM   #142
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
You boys should have been putting your money in the market during the height of the 2nd peak.

This was always a math problem and it has been pretty simple.

I hate to say it but lustylad is right....though it took him long enough to post about it. Natural immunity plus vaccines = this lowering of hospitalization and deaths. Plus they know so much more in regards to saving people with Covid.

Had the delta variant been the first to go through the population....there'd been a ton more deayhs.
I was shoveling it in as fast as I could WTF. It would be interesting to know what our other economic guru (LL is one of them) Captain Midnight, was doing. His philosophy is load up when times are bad and hold for the long term.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 05:55 PM   #143
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I was shoveling it in as fast as I could WTF. It would be interesting to know what our other economic guru (LL is one of them) Captain Midnight, was doing. His philosophy is load up when times are bad and hold for the long term.
Buy gold and silver as an insurance policy against the crash. And inflation.

Physical gold and silver.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 06:37 PM   #144
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

And then there’s this;

https://vicgeorge.net/spanish-high-court/
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 07:36 PM   #145
oeb11
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCity View Post
how often have these people changed their metrics in the past 2 years?
Its hard to follow or take someone seriously when they've been proven wrong again and again, but keep shifting their story, let alone outright lying to Congress

FC - you pass on a typical DPST party Lie about ivermectin.
The drug is FDA approved for certain uses - NOT approved for use in treating Wuhan virus

Common question

Is ivermectin FDA approved for COVID-19?

https://www.fda.gov › consumers › consumer-updates › w...

FDA

• The FDA has not authorized or approved ivermectin for use in preventing or treating COVID-19 in humans or animals. Ivermectin is approved for human use to treat infections caused by some parasitic worms and head lice and skin conditions like rosacea.Sep 3, 2021
Still - a drug available on the market may be used 'Off-label" for uses other than approved by FDA - Legally.

No pharmacy gives veterinary medication to humans - teh preparations are different and veterinary meds are not approved for human usage. I doubt any human pharmacy has given out any veterinary Ivermectin for human usage.

For example - the vast majority of drugs used in Pediatric practice are not specifically approved for pediatric use, but approved in adult studies . Pediatric studies carry difficulties that make it not worth the effort in many cases.

So - If One wishes to arise in Umbrage and righteous anger - to go full DPST cancel culture on all unapproved Pediatric usages of medications - One will find a very upset, organized, and disciplined pediatric profession to put that idea right where it belongs - in teh shitter behind teh DNC!

My little blurb won't change any of teh DPST party members who Lie as a matter of course about everything - per their instructions from Comrade Xi and Xinn.

So SAD for America.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 07:52 PM   #146
FatCity
BANNED

nice write-up. looks like you missed the punchiline
Old 10-25-2021, 07:54 PM   #147
oeb11
Valued Poster

FC - looks like U missed the Point.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 08:04 PM   #148
FatCity
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
great job
1. how to start threads by OEM12
Old 10-25-2021, 08:05 PM   #149
oeb11
Valued Poster

Thank u - FC!!!!
Now - please concentrate on addressing teh points raised for U.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 08:11 PM   #150
Strokey_McDingDong
Account Frozen

Best way to improving social credit score is taking booster shot always. Honoring Joe Biden always. Keeping portrait of Moa Zedong always.
Strokey_McDingDong is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women