Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Coed Discussions - Austin
test
Coed Discussions - Austin Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162356
Yssup Rider60209
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48387
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41253
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
Codybeast
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4
Default Interesting new trend in Coed ...

Perhaps it's just my perception but Coed seems to have transformed (With a few exceptions) into a series of small playbacks or reflections between a few individuals regarding personal events, people or topics that only they are privy to. When I log in I feel like I'm eavesdropping on a private conversation at a cocktail party. Then there are the "It's all about me" threads.

Not that it really matters and why not post whatever the hell one feels like? My point is that it's just not quite the same influx of insightful or thought provoking posts that once invited and stimulated everyone to participate.

While it is still a far cry better than the turn-off negative soaps of a few months back it's getting pretty boring to log in and read around here.

I share the blame due to lack of inspiration to initiate any thought provoking threads because of that past hostile environment.

So is it safe to come out yet or are these small private chit-chat threads the only way to keep the boards civil? Hey hold on. Was that thought provoking?
Codybeast is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
Guest103012-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 59718
My ECCIE Reviews

I like things all lovey dovey personally!!
Guest103012-2 is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #3
Natalie Reign
Account Disabled

User ID: 3105
My ECCIE Reviews

Cody:

I can understand how you might find some of the Co-Ed threads boring if you're not acquainted with the people involved, or interested in what we have to say. I used to see provocative threads in Co-Ed all the time... except they were usually hidden by the more venomous, negative threads.

I watched as some of the more prominent Austin players slowly faded into the background and even voiced their active decisions to not post in Co-Ed. I did not like what I saw.

The thoughtful threads weren't working anymore. The negative threads definitely weren't making people happy. So I made a conscious decision to share more of my fun and interesting hobby-related experiences in Co-Ed. I wanted people to know that there was still a group of people having fun in the Austin hobby world, and that we were more than open to having others join us.

Obviously, I'm not the only one who is posting the types of threads you're questioning... but I can only state my own reasons as to why I'm posting in this manner. Everyone else will have to speak for themselves.

We've already got quite the discussion going on here about this same topic:
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=143084

I'm clearly a very vocal woman, and have a lot to say about a lot of subjects. But when I think about posting yet another thread about STDs, sex trafficking, or any of the more depressing sides of the hobby, I can't bring myself to do it. It's all been done... and I'm quite enjoying the happy times I'm having here with my friends.

I'm not just entertained by the sound of my own voice - Carl's banter back and forth about his wedding to Sophie had me giggling for hours. eglrdr's thread about chemistry was thought-provoking and generated some very insightful responses. Maxeen's 7/12 days of Christmas thread was entertaining as hell.

There are a lot of great threads going on here, where people are having fun, talking about what they would do with $1000 in hobby money from Santa, and sharing their experiences. I simply fail to see the negative side of that.
Natalie Reign is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:06 PM   #4
tron
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

I agree with Cody. It seems like half the threads are more like Facebook posts about what people did recently, and then the 'me too' subsequent posts.

It is probably good for me though, since I will probably be spending less time reading. P411 + email is working pretty well as an alternative.
tron is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:46 AM   #5
Damon Bradley
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Didn't Elephant already cover this?
Damon Bradley is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:52 AM   #6
Damon Bradley
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Oh heck. Sorry Nat. Just saw the link.
Damon Bradley is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:52 AM   #7
dog soldier 4
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 1

my first post. as a newby I have been reading coed trying to see how this all works. thing I see is that we are human and need friends wherever we find them. Dog Soldier 4
dog soldier 4 is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:12 PM   #8
Guest112113-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron View Post
It seems like half the threads are more like Facebook posts about what people did recently, ......
This is not Facebook? Oh shit wrong link....
Guest112113-3 is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #9
Whispers
Hope I haven't bored you!

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codybeast View Post
So is it safe to come out yet or are these small private chit-chat threads the only way to keep the boards civil? Hey hold on. Was that thought provoking?
I would say it's safe.
Whispers is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #10
blenderhead
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispers View Post
I would say it's safe.
Good. This guy was wondering.

blenderhead is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net