Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Louisiana > New Orleans > The Sandbox - New Orleans
test
The Sandbox - New Orleans The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162376
Yssup Rider60212
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48391
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41259
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35642
Mojojo33117

Old 07-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #16
Wiley64
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE3772 View Post
Don't think many people comprehend on what's unfolding!
Just trying to look out and warn as many people as possible.
I would think that people would want to know so they could try to protect themselves.
If I would have posted something like a football player and how much they make that would have been cool? But tell me. How does that effect you? I could care less myself. You don't see me responding with mindless jokes about issues that really don't matter. So why respond like a child?
The problem is that most are apathetic unless the issue involves a celebrity or is plastered over the evening news, The information is out there but in this age of immediate gratification most people tend to accept what is repeated on the news or by the local gossip channel.
Wiley64 is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #17
heidilynnla
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 9583
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Well

I don't think it was the topics you chose, just the amount of posts perhaps....
Quote:
The Sandbox is a collection of "off-topic discussions". Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a "wide variety of other topics" can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Guess I thought I was in the right area.
No one is aguing. It's only a discussion. So why are you asking me to post somewhere else? I did not force anyone to read the information or lie.
Everything I posted is reality. Information that may help those who want it.
If you read the posts I'm not giving anyone financial advice because I don't have a license to do that anymore. I was only trying explain what I'm doing.
If someone disagrees fine I understand. I did not agree with the "SPX" long position that lost 38% of it's value in 2008. That's some really bad financial advice for those who know how to read and comprehend a chart. "IMHO" It's gained a few percent since then but everything is slowing down, again. The only thing that's keeping everything from crashing worse than 08' are the endless hopeless desperate tactics by the FED. "IMHO" Selling short paper to buy long paper has not and does not work. "Libor" The FED "IMHO" is only destroying the Bond Market everytime they Twist. Furthermore, easing is very inflationary and also has not and does not work. Guess that's why financial institutions around the world are very worried and issuing alerts about Hyperinflation of the dollar.
"IMHO" of course.
heidilynnla is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #18
SEE3772
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidilynnla View Post
I don't think it was the topics you chose, just the amount of posts perhaps....
Yeah, maybe?
If someone does not agree or like my views about reality or think it's too much..... with all due respect, move along.
I'm only offering information along with solutions for those who cherish their freedom.

Today, 8/1/2012 - The Federal Reserve, Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) just announced they are keeping interest rates "Exceptionally Low" through late 2014.
Low interest rates, good for "Derivatives".
Remember the "Mortgage Backed Securities" that collapsed the housing market in 2008? Subprime? Still has not recovered.Housing Index
More to come! "Collateralize Debt Obligations" "Credit Default Swaps"
More "Wash Trades" and "High Frequency Trades"
The Algorithms have taken over! No need for the people trading anymore.
The profits are private while the losses are handed down to the consumer. More taxes and more energy and food inflation.
SEE3772 is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #19
SEE3772
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Yeah, maybe?
If someone does not agree or like my views about reality or think it's too much..... with all due respect, move along.
I'm only offering information along with solutions for those who cherish their freedom.

Today, 8/1/2012 - The Federal Reserve, Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) just announced they are keeping interest rates "Exceptionally Low" through late 2014.
Low interest rates, good for "Derivatives".
Remember the "Mortgage Backed Securities" that collapsed the housing market in 2008? Subprime? Still has not recovered.Housing Index
More to come! "Collateralize Debt Obligations" "Credit Default Swaps"
More "Wash Trades" and "High Frequency Trades"
The Algorithms have taken over! No need for the people trading anymore.
The profits are private while the losses are handed down to the consumer. More taxes and more energy and food inflation.
Speak of the Devil... This just reported.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/48443271

Latest Market Glitch Shows 'Trading Out of Control'
Published: Wednesday, 1 Aug 2012 | 3:52 PM ET Text Size
By: Jeff Cox
CNBC.com Senior Writer

Twitter

LinkedIn
Wednesday morning's stock snafu had a familiar ring to it — mysterious volume in trades that simply could not have been made by a human comes surging out of nowhere, causing brief but acute market mayhem.

Getty Images
By now, many players on trading floors have gotten used to the disruptions that can come from the highly automated new world of high-frequency trading.

But that doesn't mean they like it.

"This algorithmic trading is kind of out of control," Phil Silverman, managing partner at Kingsview Capital, said as officials at the New York Stock Exchange tried to make sense of what happened. "It seriously hurts investor confidence."

By mid-afternoon, no one still quite knew exactly why about 150 stocks experienced a blinding surge in market volume, causing momentary disruptions in the prices of nine Dow components and a slew of others across various categories.

The NYSE said in the afternoon that it would cancel trades in six different stocks affected by the glitch, including Wizzard Software, China Cord Blood, E-House Holdings, American Reprographics and Quicksilver Resources. Trades executed at 30 percent higher or lower than the opening price will be canceled, the NYSE said.

Nearly 40 issues spiked more than 10 percent between the lows and highs, although prices of most of these issues stabilized in afternoon trading. Following are the 10 issues that gyrated the most in terms of percentage change between the day's low and the day's high price — Wizzard Software, China Cord Blood, E House, American Reprographics, Rare Element, Navidea Biopharm, Almaden Minerals, Quicksilver, Radioshack and Nordic American Tanker. Some of these shares trade on NYSE MKT, formerly NYSE Amex.

Authorities involved in reviewing the matter said Knight Capital, a trading outfit that employs algorithms used in high-frequency trading, said it experienced "technology issues" with its market-making procedures.

Ultimately, the broader market reacted little to the disruption, which was limited by circuit breakers and mechanisms at the NYSE to help contain the damage of HFT mistakes.

Traders, though, have grown weary of the problems and say the high-speed environment has changed the market in a bad way.

"When markets would have a big move, when things were really crazy, I would go out into the street and talk to people and they knew. Now, you get these big moves and people just don't care anymore," Silverman says. "They don't want to be a part of it, the high-frequency thing. The algorithmic situation needs to be looked at. We need to understand it better."

Firms create algorithms to buy and sell stocks according to formulas and market conditions. The high-speed robots trade with each other, seeking in transactions that can take microseconds to capitalize sometimes on fractions of a penny in stock moves.

While proponents say the rapid trading helps create liquidity and price discovery, regular investors have been fleeing the market, in part due to macro worries and in part because they don't feel they can compete in the automated trading world.

Dave Lutz, the managing director of U.S. trading at Stifel Nicolaus in Baltimore, cautions investors not to over-react to events like the Knight mistake.

"A lot of people seem to think it was human error. At the end of the day it wasn't necessarily a failure of systems," he said. "It's not a reason for people to lose confidence in the markets."

Still, had a human presence been involved somebody at least could have flagged the Knight trades as improper and perhaps stopped them before they hit the market.

But Lutz counters that the mistake was nowhere on par with the May 6, 2010 Flash Crash, where an error caused the Dow to lose nearly 1,000 points in a few minutes, or any of the other recent trading fiascoes.

"On the surface, it doesn't seem like it's any of that," he said. "It seems like it was simple human errors, and that's been happening since they've been trading underneath the maple tree."
SEE3772 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women