Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48374
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
nookiebandit
Premium Access

Encounters: 39
Default Troubles at the workplace...

I just tore into someone from another dept, called them an asshole amd told them to fuck off in front of everyone, and also damaged some office equipment out of anger. As good as that felt, I'm not sure how this will play out, especially given I'm loved by my boss and hated by almost everyone else at work.

For those in management, HR or legal, any advice on the best way to cover my ass?

I'm not ashamed to say I actually have been to a shrink for anger issues.
nookiebandit is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
Juan Pablo de Marco
El Mariachi

Encounters: 165
Default take this job and shove it

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/72d...orkergoescrazy
Juan Pablo de Marco is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
Oppa
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Given that your boss is your only ally, you should probably consult with him/her first, explain what you did, and ask for guidance. His/her response will probably let you know really quickly whether they've got your back or not on this. If you get kind of a wishy washy response, you're likely in deep shit. I say this from a management perspective.

It's probably relevant to ask whether you saw the shrink as mandated by your employer or it's something you did on your own.
Oppa is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Let us know how it comes out. I'd love to do that at my office. But everybody would quit and I'm the boss, so it really wouldn't do me much good.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
zebra
Account Disabled

Encounters: 45

Woop's
zebra is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #6
Great White Buffalo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

If your consistent on your performance and have not been written up on any other prior issues and if your behavior is somewhat stable you should be fine.

However, if management or HR has spoken to you about prior incidents then this might be the last straw that breaks the camels back.

Especially if your other co-workers start to complain about feeling unsafe or threaten about your actions and presence. Which more than likely they will, just to try to dig you deeper in your grave.

But Oppa is right, check with your boss first and feel him out; but remember in the end he's more than likely not going to put his job in jeopardy for your job.
Great White Buffalo is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #7
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

I have no patience with that kind of immature behavior. It poisons the atmosphere for everyone. Intentionally damaging office equipment is the 'cause' part of 'termination for cause', and that's what would be the result if I were your boss. I don't know you so I'm not judging you, just providing a perspective of the described situation as you requested.

If your behavior is justified by conditions that you haven't shared and that we know nothing about, today should have been the day you quit. If you don't quit and don't get fired, you're the office asshole in everyone else's eyes. If you quit in a blaze of glory like that, you're the office legend (and unemployed).

As for covering your ass, why not start with pulling your pants up.
Lust4xxxLife is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:37 AM   #8
slowmover
Premium Access

Encounters: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookiebandit View Post
especially given I'm loved by my boss and hated by almost everyone else at work.
This is the bigger question that jumped out at me. I applaud you for realizing you have an anger issue. Do you enjoy working at a place where you feel like everyone else hates you? You've got a lot of work ahead of you.
slowmover is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:39 AM   #9
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

He is probably his boss' right hand, aka hachet man.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:07 AM   #10
kerberos007
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 10

If that had happened at my office the security guards would have called and had so much fun taken you down. They are all Ex-Marines fully armed and ready to strike, in the 5 years I've been there I've not even seen a door get slammed.
kerberos007 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:56 AM   #11
~Ze~
Just a girl in the world.

User ID: 444
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Another video to enjoy... Bad Day -With music from Daniel Powter
~Ze~ is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:58 AM   #12
trynagetlaid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Since Texas is a 'right to work' state, you are totally at the mercy of your boss and the HR department.

I would go to the boss, ask for forgiveness, agree to a probationary period of a few months, and offer to obtain anger management counseling. Your companies' health plan might even cover the cost.

And if you get to keep your job, bring donuts or kolaches one morning a week, like clockwork!!!

#thevoiceofexperience
trynagetlaid is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #13
Kmac
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

All responses have been on target with advice IMHO. There is one other point that may subtract from any support your boss may offer however. If the other workers feel threatened or fear physical harm from your outburst, then the boss may have limited options to protect the business especially if he is not the owner, corporate ownership, public, etc. A lawsuit, threatened or implied, may well make the decision to retain or release you for him. I agree with slowmover and applaud you for taking ownership of the issue. Good luck!
Kmac is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #14
Oppa
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Quote:
I applaud you for realizing you have an anger issue.
Though that is half the battle, getting into an argument with a co-worker and damaging office equipment makes it seem like the issue is unresolved.
Oppa is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #15
yaddayadda
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

Give your boss something to blame your behavior on....maybe your doing hormone therapy or you just came back from the dentist...you have to convince him and HR that this is an isolated incident. If one of my guys did this I would have to justify keeping him which makes me vulnerable if it happens again. Most good (see successful) managers do not put there ass on the line for anyone, UNLESS you have a skill or talent that cannot be duplicated (most of the time this is NOT the case.)
A full and public apology is probably in your future and God help you if you lose your temper again.

YY
yaddayadda is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women