Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48374
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-31-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
Shea Veile
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1346
My ECCIE Reviews
Post Breast Cancer Charity Ends Planned Parenthood Funding

This really disturbs me ...

Breast Cancer Charity Ends Planned Parenthood Funding

Planned Parenthood said on Tuesday that the leading U.S. breast-cancer charity would no longer provide new funding to the group, which performs abortions and other services at clinics around the country.

In a statement, Planned Parenthood said the Susan G. Komen Foundation had "succumbed to political pressure" from anti-abortion groups in cutting the funding.

Komen had begun notifying local Planned Parenthood affiliates that their breast cancer prevention programs will no longer be eligible for new grants from the charity, it said.

Planned Parenthood said Komen had not responded to requests to meet and talk about the decision to cut the funding, which it said had helped thousands of women in rural and underserved communities get breast health education, screenings, and mammogram referrals.

But it said the Komen Foundation had been "repeatedly threatened" in recent years by anti-abortion groups upset with its affiliation with Planned Parenthood.

The Komen Foundation, best-known for the Race for the Cure fundraisers it sponsors around the country each year, did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Reuters.

The foundation said it raised more than $1.9 billion for breast cancer research and programs and has affiliates in more than 100 U.S. cities and 50 countries. Its symbol - the pink ribbon - is widely recognized.

Planned Parenthood said Komen's funding had helped pay for 170,000 of the more than 4 million clinical breast exams the group had performed over the past five years, as well as more than 6,400 of the 70,000 mammogram referrals it has made during that time.

Planned Parenthood has come under attack by lawmakers in several states over the past year, including North Carolina, Indiana and Kansas, who have attempted to block any government funding of the group.

In Kansas, county prosecutors outside Kansas City are pressing criminal charges against Planned Parenthood, alleging the group failed to maintain required paperwork related to the abortions it provided.

Under current law, Planned Parenthood cannot use federal funds to provide abortions though it receives federal money to provide family aid to low-income women.

Shea Veile is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:54 AM   #2
desi.snakes
Account Disabled

User ID: 106202
My ECCIE Reviews

Ugh! *SMFH* Does it ever stop? Before I had insurance, I used Planned Parenthood, and thank goodness I did. Of course, one can argue the hypocrisy of an organization that preaches early screening and well-woman exams but pulls funding from another organization that does just that...and in the name of politics! Just an FYI, most PP clinics DO NOT offer abortions. But hey, some politicians seem to think that Walgreens offers pap-smears. Go figure. Again I Shake My Flippin' Head.
desi.snakes is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:42 AM   #3
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

The stupidest thing of the year . . . Planned Parenthood does so much good for women. They provide exams, birth control, mammograms, parenting classes, etc. and all the politicos can focus on is a service they provide. I guess women are truly the weaker sex for putting up with kind of crap. I may be old and male, but I will be damned if some gray hair in Austin or Washington is going to tell me what I can or cannot do with my body.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
Hercules
Valued Poster

Encounters: 45

Not 100% Komen's fault. Komen set into place a policy that would dis-allow grant money to go to ANY agency under investigation. Sound policy if you ask me.

But then a anti-abortionist group saw the opportunity and got a Florida Republican to start a investigation into whether fed funds were used for abortions. Until this "investigation" is completed Planned Parenthood is black listed as far as Komen is concerned.

I truly hope some of the donors that gave to Komen realize what kind of game is afoot and give directly to Planned Parenthood.
Hercules is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
slowmover
Premium Access

Encounters: 53

If you support Planned Parenthood (like I do), then you must offer financial support. Also you can spread the word that they don't like abortions either. They consider an abortion a failure of family planning.

(stepping off soapbox now)
slowmover is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #6
steverino50
Valued Poster

Encounters: 104

They changed their mind.
http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/02...klash.html#tvg
steverino50 is online now   Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #7
~Ze~
Just a girl in the world.

User ID: 444
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

The AP article.. .

Seems they are backtracking and mighty fast.

Komen drops plans to cut Planned Parenthood grants.

EDIT: Posted duplicate link before I noticed Steve already did.
~Ze~ is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
Guest112916
Valued Poster

Encounters: 124

Political or not. It's their choice to or not to give funding. I agree, planned parenthood supplies a great service to the communities, as well as Komen.

However, if Kommen chooses to stop funding, then so be it. Who are we to get pissy with Kommen because they decided to stop. Planned parenthood can and will find supplemental funding from other places.
Guest112916 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #9
Guest020720
Account Disabled

User ID: 1004
My ECCIE Reviews

Not sure at what point they are at in this process...someecards will surely have something for it...

Guest020720 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #10
guest061212
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7
My ECCIE Reviews

self edit
guest061212 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #11
guest061212
Valued Poster

My ECCIE Reviews

I realized Kommen backtracked. However, getting the message out that a charity such as Kommen is making political decisions with the donations they receive is hardly getting pissy. That is the beauty of free speech.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Not 100% Komen's fault. Komen set into place a policy that would dis-allow grant money to go to ANY agency under investigation. Sound policy if you ask me. Unless you count this little reverse-engineered "policy." Pro-lifers get one of their tools in Congress to begin a "Congressional Investigation" of PP and the Komen board members, two of whom served in the culture wars dept. of the W administration, and then these misguided fugitives from the Junior League decide to make up this bullshit "policy."

But then a anti-abortionist group saw the opportunity and got a Florida Republican to start a investigation into whether fed funds were used for abortions. Until this "investigation" is completed Planned Parenthood is black listed as far as Komen is concerned. See above^^^^^ it's a transparently stupid coordinated action.

I truly hope some of the donors that gave to Komen realize what kind of game is afoot and give directly to Planned Parenthood. No shit

Herc, it seems that 100,000+ Tweeters figured this out pretty quickly (1-2 days). You're spot on about this little adventure. I wouldn't be surpirsed that the Komenistas want to take over PP's role in screening for breast cancer. Wouldn't it be rich if all of those who the pink-K's allow to be screened looked like the whitebread soccer moms they use in all of their advertisements? This deal is so fuc*ing "North Dallas." Ah, screened to get screened.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #13
guest061212
Valued Poster

My ECCIE Reviews

Very Nice Randy. I love your perspective! (Laughing)
Old 02-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #14
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpillsbury View Post
Very Nice Randy. I love your perspective! (Laughing)
There's one of 'em under every bed!!! Run! Hide!!
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women