Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > Coed Discussions - San Antonio
test
Coed Discussions - San Antonio Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70793
biomed163177
Yssup Rider60835
gman4453287
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48632
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42508
CryptKicker37214
The_Waco_Kid36934
Mokoa36496
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #16
Sonya Playmate
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2768
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dent View Post
Straight Talk is a Tracfone brand. Unlike Tracfone & Net10 (another Tracfone brand) some ST phones are CDMA which means those phones are carried on Verizon's network here in SA. The other ST phones are GSM like all Net10/Tracfone phones: in SA Tracfone buys GSM spectrum from AT&T.

I have a LG 800G Net10 smartphone (not Android based) for my hobby phone. Data access is 3G EDGE, though I don't use data all that often. For comparison, the first iPhone data was EDGE. More recent iPhones have gone to UMTS and asynchronous HSDPA (the 4 and 4S added HSUPA), which is faster than EDGE. However I also have a Samsung Galaxy S II for my personal/work phone which has AT&T FauxG (HSPA+) and the network speed difference is drastic compared to any AT&T iPhone, even though it's not real 4G (LTE).

That said, Net10 has just rolled out a couple of LG Android phones on their $50/mo unlimited plan. Not sure if they are EDGE, UMTS or HSPA/HSPA+ devices.

Honestly, no carrier will be perfect. I had Sprint then Nextel then Nextel/Sprint for 10 years: no complaints. I have had AT&T for 5 years: no complaints. Boost was Nextel's prepaid brand running on iDEN. I believe Boost (and Nextel) still runs on iDEN, despite Sprint's annoucement a few years back to phase out iDEN by 2010. Virgin Mobile, however, is a MVNO operating on Sprint's CDMA network; I don't believe Sprint has a CDMA prepaid service of their own. EDIT: Looks like Sprint bought Virgin Mobile in 2009, so VM is no longer a MVNO.

If it were me, I would seriously consider Verizon's prepaid service or a Virgin Mobile payLO phone & plan. Both have unlimited plans in the ~$50 monthly range, and a good selection of Android smartphones to choose from. It will be a year or two before LTE phones trickle down into the prepaid and MVNO markets, so not having an GSM phone won't be the worst thing in the (pre-paid) world. Don't expect to have super fast (LTE or HSPA+) data, but you should try to find a phone & carrier that allows you access to something faster than EDGE (GSM) or RTT (CDMA).

I also recommend porting your current phone number to Google Voice before you terminate your Verizon contract. nb This will cancel your Verizon contract as you will not have a phone number with Verizon anymore. If you are not at the end of your contract, this will trigger an ETF.

Porting your number to Google Voice will allow you to keep that same number, no matter which carrier you switch to now and in the future. Just point GV to your new mobile number and everyone who has your "old Verizon" number can still find you without further effort from you. Google Voice integrates seamlessly with Android phones, making it easy to manage voicemails, phone calls, contacts, etc.

[-dent-]
WOW, you know your stuff
Sonya Playmate is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women